The non-railway and non-modelling social zone. Please ensure forum rules are adhered to in this area too!

On Cats

didcot

17 hours ago, Nick C said:

Does anyone have any suggestions for how to kitten-proof a Christmas tree? Clyde was never interested, Bonnie has got used to it, but Benji likes to investigate and climb everything...

That's easy - loose the fairy and stick the cat on top of the tree.:devil:

The difficulty is we've got four of them - and only one of them is old enough to have seen a Xmas tree before.  :help:

• Funny 2
  • Friendly/supportive 1

• RMweb Premium
40 minutes ago, newbryford said:

Trip hazard.

I've seen various theories advanced as to why the top of the stairs is a favourite spot but there was no doubt with my parents' cat: it was above where the hot water pipes came up from the boiler and turned towards the airing-cupboard - a hot spot.

• Agree 2
  • Round of applause 2

• RMweb Premium
3 minutes ago, Compound2632 said:

I've seen various theories advanced as to why the top of the stairs is a favourite spot but there was no doubt with my parents' cat: it was above where the hot water pipes came up from the boiler and turned towards the airing-cupboard - a hot spot.

That's exactly why our three moggies frequent that particular floor space.

• Like 2
  • Agree 1
  • Informative/Useful 1

9 hours ago, Compound2632 said:

That's why Tilly (and all her predecessors) sleep just under the step up to my bathroom.

1 hour ago, Craigw said:

Annabella has settled in quite well and really made herself at home. She has spent more time with me and tends to hang around me so I have yet another shadow who follows me around the house. Last night I was doing some modelling and she decided that she would keep me company and took up a position on my poor display base which the cats just love to lay on  (reminds me of the photo by Cowley!)

Regards,

Craig W

IMG_E6443.jpg

She’s beautiful!

• Like 1
  • Agree 10

• RMweb Premium
4 hours ago, The Pilotman said:

Let me in!

Our cat hasn't mastered the flap, now propped open for her most of the time. Next door have a kitten - a few months now - who is being introduced to flapping. We were alerted to this yesterday by a couple of hours of pitiful mewing...

• Friendly/supportive 4

• RMweb Gold
23 minutes ago, Compound2632 said:

Our cat hasn't mastered the flap, now propped open for her most of the time. Next door have a kitten - a few months now - who is being introduced to flapping. We were alerted to this yesterday by a couple of hours of pitiful mewing...

We don’t have a cat flap. Luckily, she (Tinker) has a very regular routine so we don’t have to open doors for her very often. She’s out all night, comes in in the morning, spends all day asleep somewhere indoors, goes out late afternoon, comes back again in the evening for a little something, then is out again until the morning. Sometimes she joins us for breakfast. 

949D2914-7845-4836-875A-2514387CEAA4.jpeg.578cff0f80f1efca8a11735b0e1ccdb9.jpeg

• Like 18

• RMweb Premium

We do have a cat flap and many of the tribe have mastered it.  However some, even though they have seen it being used just haven't tried - anti-flappers.  Indeed we have several who could open the flap to go out when it was set to entry only.  I use the past tense because I have just had to replace the cat flap and it seems the new one is harder to open from the inside.  Time will tell how that pans out.

• Like 1
  • Friendly/supportive 1

5 hours ago, The Pilotman said:

We don’t have a cat flap. Luckily, she (Tinker) has a very regular routine so we don’t have to open doors for her very often. She’s out all night, comes in in the morning, spends all day asleep somewhere indoors, goes out late afternoon, comes back again in the evening for a little something, then is out again until the morning. Sometimes she joins us for breakfast. 

949D2914-7845-4836-875A-2514387CEAA4.jpeg.578cff0f80f1efca8a11735b0e1ccdb9.jpeg

If you had a WF10 postcode I might thin kk she is Oliver's doppelganger.

• Like 1

• RMweb Gold

This is George, captured whilst protecting No.1 daughter's advent calender.....

20211204_091742-01.jpeg.5e0e5ae5f51babf8a5699a4f090c1542.jpeg

Rob. 

• Like 18
  • Friendly/supportive 1