RMweb

On Cats

didcot

• RMweb Premium
On 28/07/2023 at 03:16, Hobby said:

I vaguely remember watching a programme on Scottish Wildcats in which they'd done a DNA test and found that even the "purest" were only 75% wildcat, the rest being domestic moggy.

Florida is/was trying a program to bring back the Florida wildcat by importing Texas wildcats as breeding partners, one sex only (males probably) so that the TX cats do not breed. Apparently the cats do interbreed but I do not know how successful the program is.

• Like 1
  • Informative/Useful 1

The current indoor temperature is around 30 degrees. Kitten Gretel is spread out on Dog Lewis' bed and he is on the floor! (His choice as Arran's bed is vacant.)

Cat Ariel is asleep in her bed on top of the furniture.

Arran has just taken Lewis' place after Lewis went in the Hall. The sun is that side so it's probably even warmer.

Raphael has just come in loudly demanding his breakfast. (It's nearly lunchtime, but this is his first appearance today.)

• Like 4
  • Friendly/supportive 3

• RMweb Premium
6 minutes ago, steve1 said:

Sounds about right…

That reminds me of the joke about three physics professors that was doing the rounds thirty years ago, the professors being drawn from life (and so shall remain nameless). Funding cuts mean they have to share a car to get to a conference; they're in a fatal collision and are up before the throne of judgement. God asks each in turn what they think:

The professor from the University of Sussex says "I think one should be kind to animals and children" - and he is admitted to heaven.

The professor from imperial College London says "I think one should deal fairly and justly with your colleagues and students" - an he is admitted to heaven.

The professor from Oxford says "I think you are sitting in my chair."

• Like 1
  • Funny 5

On 30/07/2023 at 14:48, KeithMacdonald said:

Remember all those Bond films where the evil villain had a white cat? Turns out it was secretly the cat that was the real villain after all.

image.png.aae70c0242693f8469d0234a86c50ce5.png

(cough... PlayStation4..!)

Sorry, mate of mine and I used to play 'spot the Apple kit' for film and TV. I still can't resist having a snout into people's pictures beyond the subject matter. And now, back to normal programming...C6T.

Edited by Classsix T

• RMweb Gold

Poor Jessica got a shock, she decided that jumping into the bath while I was having a shower was a good idea.  

Wet paws aren’t so good for getting back out of the bath! 

The moment I got out of the bath she was rubbing around my ankles again but then she spent quite a while drying her paws and tail. 

Andi 

• Funny 6
  • Friendly/supportive 4

• RMweb Gold
33 minutes ago, Dagworth said:

Jessica has grown again, she’s also realised that Lego trains aren’t really something to be frightened of 

IMG_0859.jpeg.94471e37fd5084af5542f74fc7411b4d.jpeg

Andi

Just compare that to how tiny she was back on page 117... They do grow quickly!

• Like 2
  • Agree 4