Modelfair.com

orcadian

Hi! I wonder if anyone has used Modelfair, particularly with regard to part exchange deals against new products and would be willing to share their experience?

Apart from 'Classifieds' in this Forum, and apart from selling via E-Bay, where would you go for a fair part-exchange offer?

Thanks for your time!

Richard

Yep, I've used the 'fair for filling essential gaps in my loco fleet, having missed out on a few key things when they were 'current.'

My observations are that stock levels are up to date, prices are fair (hehe) and descriptions very accurate, making details such as DCC status, detail parts and original boxes clear. Also, the items come beautifully wrapped (vying for first place in my affections with Hattons and Rails) and are delivered promptly. I was encouraged to take a look at them by a mate, and it's one of the best suggestions I've had model-shop wise in the last couple of years.

And no, I have no connection other than as a delighted customer. I haven't part-exed with them, my departing trains take the eBay route, but I expect that given their pricing, you're likely to get a reasonable rate that reflects market values.

• RMweb Gold

I have used thema couple of times, once buying new, once buying secondhand. Found them easy. There was a problem with the new item - wrong one sent - but their attitude was contrition itself - replacement in the next post. Hard not to recommend.

Hi, I know the Guys from Modelfair personally, started to use them as a customer, now I consider them as Friends, they are top blokes Martin, Jim & Nick, all are very helpful, price wise they are keen to compete with the box shifter shops, 2nd hand wise they are good to, also if there is something in particular you are after give them your details and they will contact you once they have "the rare item" in.

Definately give them a go, you will not be disapointed with their service.

Regards

Craig.

I have used them once and as stated the item was promptly sent and well packed. I have have some contact with them regarding an item too and they are very prompt in replying. I have an order with them for a Bachmann item due in Aug - Sept.

Recommended

Mark in OZ

Same as everyone else really.

I've bought new and second hand and they've been a pleasure to deal with. Certainly one of the first places I look when I need another loco/coach fix.

Just read the OP. Sorry, I haven't tried part exchange.

• 2 weeks later...

I did a part ex with them a couple of years ago.

Didn't quite offer me what I'd hoped (but aren't we all optimistic in this )but generally good. Purchased second ahd new no probs. Always pleasant and chatty.

• 2 months later...

Latest newsletter is out, and it has caused apoplexy and a risk of self-loathing side-effects here at Teviotbank Fuel Point, because Heljan seems to have announced 26/0s of both oval and round buffered flavours. Also the Cravens feels like it's rotated to the birth position, and at an attractive price to boot.

Does anyone have any extra gen on the Heljan Baby Sulzers, I was aware a Highland BRCW in GSYP was expected, which is a bonanza in its own right, but the early version has taken me completely unawares. My radar is now fizzing with thoughts of secondary suspension and roof mods having been incorporated. Sadly there are no pre-production pics here.

http://campaign.constantcontact.com/render?v=001yP95GP3a5whq-uGSNrLgb5LmMv5Jc5k7-4s-KMw522ek2NQiiyPrZ1V8B1pyBetxjzFW90SDvN0ZKfCHoM7vbWza3saspkn61ZYSzwn7d732C5Jq9n-WvIB176Kj8u_Oq7Ax5nAAKXZRXU4oapifnulmRpgQxyFXSRSNx4Ul2mJeBvuHU7nkFPtMqGSMyVhn5u5c_WfzXghxmLz99tDHkrUMwNMLeehiVv2pz1wM4f6q_DU7G0SyUx1ZqC9hl42sTkiOCxgA5JQYv84YAj266FNJAW54tvqAYtuM2vALz9sGjRWwSowY6g%3D%3D#LETTER.BLOCK28

Does anyone have any extra gen on the Heljan Baby Sulzers, I was aware a Highland BRCW in GSYP was expected, which is a bonanza in its own right, but the early version has taken me completely unawares. My radar is now fizzing with thoughts of secondary suspension and roof mods having been incorporated. Sadly there are no pre-production pics here.

You must have missed the news 'Chard, I recall RMWeb talk of the late-period 26/0s but (funnily) not your SYP Highland one.

Elsewhere, the domeless Black Five catches me unawares, I thought this year's releases were going to be rear top-feed variants.

Can't comment on the Black Five, but the mid sixties 26/1 was announced under a publicity shot of a 60A GSYP monster somewhere on GNSR turf, on a freight.

I imagine that having reviewed the anticipated /0 spec, I'm still no better off for my mandatory 64B demands, what with cab doors and suspension still being wrong, not to say a repaint (except for 26015) into the bargain. Now, where are those Railroad Class 40s...?

• 1 month later...

Guys and gals, I just had the latest e-newsletter in my box. I have searched on here to no avail - wasn't someone looking for the Bachmann footplate crew a few days ago?

36-047 is I think the item in question, and Modelfair (no connection disclaimer, satisfied customer) are advising they have stock.

Message ends.

Good service.

Good prices.

Good newsletter.

If you ever find you want something that is out of stock, either locally or at the big two bow shifters, then they are the first place to look.

I didn't know that they did part exchange. I am quite happy that they offer low part exchange prices as that means the price that I can buy things for is kept to a reasonably level. :P

Bernard

• 2 weeks later...

Modelfair had a few tables at the recent toy fair at the NEC. I bought a dozen or so brand new wagons and paid a really decent price.

There wasn't much model railway stuff at the toyfair last Sunday (ModelRail Live took one or two regulars from the NEC) but the Modelfair stand was quite good and had a very helpful chap serving.

• 3 months later...
  • RMweb Premium

I recently purchased a Bachmann Blue Peter from Modelfair. I had a problem with it, returned it following a phone call, a new one was sent by return of post. I would recommend these people any day of the week. A credit to the hobby. :D

• 2 months later...

Oh I really should look here first! I have just placed my first order with them... I am so glad that there are so many positive remarks.

I just have to wait until Silver link turns up!

Oh I really should look here first! I have just placed my first order with them... I am so glad that there are so many positive remarks.

I just have to wait until Silver link turns up!

Hi Doug, missed you at the BRMA meeting last weekend. I sold a Hornby J94 LNER 8006 in very good nic I should say.

I must admit I have 2x Silver Links on order, one from Hattons and the other The Signal Box, both will be visited in just over 3 weeks time. I also have a booking with The Gresley Beat in situ, that is at its home. the second day, after that I can come home.

I ordered the Bachmann A2 Blue Peter and it arrived safely and quickly.

Mark

• 2 years later...
  • 2 months later...

Archived