York station in the 1950's.

kirtleypete

• RMweb Premium
On 13/01/2023 at 16:26, iands said:

Howsham - another enjoyable spot in the middle of nowhere. I don't remember Jim Gibb, obviously he came after me. Wes Dodds of course and John Maw I remember very well. The supervisor at my time was George Duffield (George was also the supervisor for the York-Harrogate line). When he retired Bill Fox took over the supervisor role.

Bill Fox - that was him. 

• Like 3

• RMweb Gold

Were that the junction for the Foss Islands Branch my old house was to the right of the loco, roughly where the mark is on the board against the wall.

Edited by john new
Typo
  • Like 2

• 1 month later...

David.  As best I can by flowing the backscene all the way through to the stairs and beyond.   At the moment it stops by the signal box.   Everything behind the backscene is then 'working area', eg fiddle yards, reverse loop, dumping area etc.

• Like 1

• RMweb Gold
22 minutes ago, Harry Lund said:

David.  As best I can by flowing the backscene all the way through to the stairs and beyond.   At the moment it stops by the signal box.   Everything behind the backscene is then 'working area', eg fiddle yards, reverse loop, dumping area etc.

Jonathan

• 3 weeks later...
  • 5 weeks later...

The Scarborough reverse line and 3 road storage loops complete and operational for a few weeks now.  I've not tried to photograph as the light is poor and my photography is rubbish.       In the meantime  I have salvaged some signals from a my first large layout (1975-2008) and set track from a layout built for my children 15 years ago (never took hold) to create a test bed for Roger to develop the hardware and software solution for route setting and signalling.  

IMG_1104.jpg.996a994894b02d4c80a87407ec121a49.jpg

Just need to install point motors before delivering to Roger in May.

Next tasks are 1. completing the backscenes, the ash pits and carriage washing plant, and then 2. to the expansion of the housing terraces along the Scarborough line beyond the Ouse bridge, 3. the road bridge near Bootham Lane junction which serves as a scenic break, and 4. associated landform. 

Giles

• Like 18

• 3 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...