Bachmann WCRC Mk1 and Mk2’s

TravisM

1 hour ago, XChris said:

They only ever did 47245 in a 2010ish condition. So a 47 is likely and if they pick the right one it would be an easy re-number! However a WCRC 37 is unlikely to me

TBH I am more familiar with the 37s. There are at least 3 Bachmann WCRC 37s. 669 which was a main range release. 706 was a Collector's Club model. 248 was a Model Rail exclusive. There was supposedly a Haburn Hobbies model of 428 but I don't think it happened.

706 and the 57 were for sale next to each other for £135 each at Doncaster yesterday (used).

Edited by TomScrut

• RMweb Gold

You can still buy WCRC 37 shells from the spares website.

669 is an easy renumber to 668, as wcrc has that too.

The heavy freight 37’s with headcode boxes removed would be nice, its not exactly over done since Limas days and WCRC has two here..

37516 wcrc has never been done.

37706 was done twice by Bachmann in RfP and wcrc.

37707 with its bonnet numbers in rfp as a regular highland  visitor would be nice.

37716 in DRS must be a must on many peoples wish lists.

and 37501/2 have always fetched funny money

of course railfreight redstripe has just made a come back too..

• Like 1

• 6 months later...

The BCC magazine article also mentions the tooling change to loose the end steps! Huzzah! I've done several myself, and have a load more to do, and it can be a right bind! But when trying to model a rake of carriages in anything  like the present day, they have to go!

Cheers

J

• Like 2

• 5 weeks later...

These coaches will enable me to make a half-decent train with the Collectors’ Club pair I already have, not to mention the Club Class 37 in matching livery. Going by the pictures, the brake blocks seem to be badly out of line with the wheels, which is poor by present day standards. Let’s hope the delay is to modify them.

• 5 months later...

50 minutes ago, Andacami said:

I wonder if there is any more news? A few quick searches seem to bring them up as pre-order still; does anyone know why (or just normal delays)...?

Due March/April according to Bachmann so they should either on their way or soon should be. 

• Informative/Useful 1

• RMweb Gold

I was at a Bachmann Collectors Club event at Peterborough today and I was told that their on the boat and should be with us in about 6-8 weeks.  I don't know if they meant with Bachmann or retailers.

• Informative/Useful 3

• 1 month later...
16 hours ago, Austin Allegro said:

Are these DCC ready?

Would love to be able to control the lighting and central locking indicators from my controller like you can with their DBSOs 😜

The real ones aren’t DCC with no central control. No CDL on WCRC mark 1 coaches and the current Jacobite, formed with CDL fitted mk2 aircons mixed with MK1s with locked doors to get round the regs are working with no train supply so no AirCon or lights once the batteries run down…..

• RMweb Gold
17 hours ago, Austin Allegro said:

Are these DCC ready?

Would love to be able to control the lighting and central locking indicators from my controller like you can with their DBSOs 😜

Is this the futuristic version of the real thing your forward planning for ?

i’ll look out for a wcrc pullman set being released, a pair of met cam pullmans fitted with cdl, their names… pegasus, unicorn and the loco being 43106…

🤨

• Funny 2

• RMweb Gold
Posted (edited)
1 hour ago, black and decker boy said:

The real ones aren’t DCC with no central control. No CDL on WCRC mark 1 coaches and the current Jacobite, formed with CDL fitted mk2 aircons mixed with MK1s with locked doors to get round the regs are working with no train supply so no AirCon or lights once the batteries run down…..

I’m surprised wcrc hasnt proposed DCC as an alternative to CDL, might even work off a mk1 dynamo.

😛

Edited by adb968008
  • Funny 3

Just taken delivery of a set of these. Immediate observations are that they are a perfect match for the WCRC pullmans which was to be expected. The colour is indistinguishable to my eyes from the standard Bachmann maroon mk1’s. The previous mk2 from Bachmann just doesn’t sit right with me so that has now been ejected from the rake. Tooling hasn’t really changed apart from the removal of end steps, so the NEM pockets are still in the incorrect position. Coupled up with Hornby 20mm magnetic couplings gives a nice close coupling and ease of placing / removing stock.

IMG_3783.jpeg

IMG_3784.jpeg

Edited by MistaMatthews
  • Like 4
  • Informative/Useful 2

• RMweb Gold
On 22/04/2024 at 13:51, MistaMatthews said:

Just taken delivery of a set of these. Immediate observations are that they are a perfect match for the WCRC pullmans which was to be expected. The colour is indistinguishable to my eyes from the standard Bachmann maroon mk1’s. The previous mk2 from Bachmann just doesn’t sit right with me so that has now been ejected from the rake. Tooling hasn’t really changed apart from the removal of end steps, so the NEM pockets are still in the incorrect position. Coupled up with Hornby 20mm magnetic couplings gives a nice close coupling and ease of placing / removing stock.

IMG_3783.jpeg

IMG_3784.jpeg

Do you know if the newley released Mk2 from Bachmann (39-354) is a better match than the older model?