Builders Yard

Baggies1961

• 1 month later...
  • 1 month later...

Class 58 arrived back yesterday and as Zimos are rarer than rockin horse poo, I went back to an ESU c/w active braking, twin speakers.

For some strange reason, Heljan went for a different colour yellow on the engine sides, hopefully weathering will tone that down.

Name plates fitted, excellent realtec transfers and extras from the bag added.

IMG_0701.jpeg

IMG_0700.jpeg

• Like 8

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
2 hours ago, Nick G said:

Looks great, can't really justify one on my projects but I may be tempted eventually.

Hi Nick,

I told myself that but nowadays they get around more than they ever did. So as you can see my resistance was futile.

It is a lovely model well done Heljan!!

• Like 1

49 minutes ago, Baggies1961 said:

Hi Nick,

I told myself that but nowadays they get around more than they ever did. So as you can see my resistance was futile.

It is a lovely model well done Heljan!!

Your GBRf one looks great, I also like the EWS one. Doesn't Legomanbiffo do a sound chip for it?

• 1 month later...

After a long time away caring for my Mum Im back home trying to regain some get up and go.

Sadly Mum passed away Christmas Day after a long battle with cancer and at 92 was an inspiration to me on the courage and bravery she showed.

Whilst away Roger from Tower kindly sent me a few Dapol wagons. Heres one of them an HIA.

IMG_1474.jpeg

IMG_1475.jpeg

• Friendly/supportive 11

7 minutes ago, Nick G said:

So sorry for the loss of your mum. Hope some modelling will help you with the grief, look forward to seeing some more progress on your layout and stock.

Thanks Nick, having gone up to my ‘boys room’ and seeing the layouts I think your right, this will help with the grief and be great therapy!!

• Friendly/supportive 5