Builders Yard

Baggies1961

1 hour ago, Baggies1961 said:

A tad disappointed that during the show on Saturday the Dapol VEA couplings came apart on three wagons, has this occurred with anyone else?

A challenge to reassemble with dodgy eyes. 

I have had similar problems on their banana vans. Once you have fixed them they are generally OK but their quality control not that great. Yes they are a bu**er to sort out.  Are these the ones with the pins or the circlip?

Paul R

On 21/03/2023 at 09:09, pwr said:

I have had similar problems on their banana vans. Once you have fixed them they are generally OK but their quality control not that great. Yes they are a bu**er to sort out.  Are these the ones with the pins or the circlip?

Paul R

Hi Paul,

Its the end link thats comes out and its fiddly to locate link onto the two locating lugs if thats clear?

Regards

Julian.

8 hours ago, Baggies1961 said:

Hi Paul,

Its the end link thats comes out and its fiddly to locate link onto the two locating lugs if thats clear?

Regards

Julian.

Julian

Ah yes got it. I had similar on another of their wagons!

Paul

4 hours ago, Hal Nail said:

At least they came with the couplings - most of my minerals are missing the 3 links which are prone to just falling off.

Hi Hal,

Very true these have the advantage of being attached through the hook but just arent strong enough it appears.

• 2 weeks later...
5 minutes ago, Baggies1961 said:

Picked up an excellent read whilst in Smiths today.

image.jpg

If the Swindon / Paxman 'Teddy Bears' participated in the 'Diesel Dawn', the sun must have been exceptionally slow in getting-up back then!

CJI.

• Funny 2

• 2 weeks later...
  • RMweb Premium
  • 4 weeks later...

Took two the Granddaughters out this morning so an excuse to go down to the railway.

A set of buffers were sourced for the brake van so hopefully soon we will be able to offer brake van rides.

The members who renovated the BV have done a fantastic job.

For safety boards, will be added underneath the bars on the verandah. 
This van came from the GWR at Toddington Glos.

IMG_9477.jpeg

• Like 4

• 3 weeks later...
  • RMweb Gold

Looking good - I like the look of the later Spartans with the modified headlights and front flaps.

I've ordered a second Spartan and some military wheel chocks too, so looking forward to getting them.

3 minutes ago, ChrisS said:

Looking good - I like the look of the later Spartans with the modified headlights and front flaps.

I've ordered a second Spartan and some military wheel chocks too, so looking forward to getting them.

Thanks Chris, they're not cheap but nothing is that is good, so really pleased with them.

Will look good on the well wagon.

A pity that trains4u have no plans to upscale their MOD flat.

• Like 1