Builders Yard

Baggies1961

Got the layout downstairs this weekend as some work to do before the Yorkshire Wolds Railway model railway show in March.

I have the outer frame of the layout to clad in black card and stick the building's down and countless other jobs to do on it.

Also been weathering the NR class 31 now numbered 31465.

DB4C0384-F2AB-4136-B71F-9634C0F412B1.jpeg

11216BF2-2F3F-4E2B-8DAB-3C36DD972D50.jpeg

• Like 5

Fascia card on now, very small area ballasted at the end of track two, yet to be weathered.

Two exit point cut outs need some more taking off as the teddy bear or the VGA,s, cant come through it 🤦‍♂️

Also must buy a black sheet to hide the legs and another cradle for the second controller.

CC1A06EA-C25C-459E-9243-A1271821F9D1.jpeg

3717F3B3-76B1-45B9-8BDA-F46D0A2E41CD.jpeg

• Like 8

1 hour ago, Robin Gristwood said:

Hi,

I don't know if it makes any difference to the number of 0's (zeros) you have, but the second one was a letter O rather than the number if I remember correctly?

Apologies if that ended up sounding like a Two Ronnies sketch..!!! 🙂

Thanks Robin, did make me chuckle.

Lovely job on the detailing.  Small things like signs really give you a sense of time and place - the site safety and assembly point tell me this is something within my lifetime 😉

• Thanks 1

4 hours ago, Nyeti said:

Lovely job on the detailing.  Small things like signs really give you a sense of time and place - the site safety and assembly point tell me this is something within my lifetime 😉

Many thanks for you kind comment. Regarding signs I do let my job affect my hobby 😀.

• Funny 1

9 hours ago, Georgeham said:

Hope the exhibition goes well on Saturday - the layout has really come alive - great modelling!

Thank you, very kind, it was great, first time Iv ever exhibited. Two there that have been in the modelling press in the past.

Its the railways biggest earner fund raising wise and plenty of foot fall today.

Big thanks to my son who helped me out today

31E51076-3A05-4596-9BEB-D2B09A12BC9B.jpeg

D43F1E5E-550B-4893-96DB-71A52FD74612.jpeg

• Like 6