Planet Industrials - Kerr Stuart Victory RTR in OO...

James Hilton

The Smiths 3 link do fit yet, but they're not held captive so can fall out. On Francis I've left the supplied hooks, on my black one I replaced them with the Smiths hook too, just filed down the tail to fit the hole.

Andrew, no progress on the Rothervale plates - but when the time comes it's quite a quick job - I'm seeing Steve next week so will give him a nudge.

• Like 1

• RMweb Gold
5 hours ago, James Hilton said:

The Smiths 3 link do fit yet, but they're not held captive so can fall out. On Francis I've left the supplied hooks, on my black one I replaced them with the Smiths hook too, just filed down the tail to fit the hole.

Thanks James

• 2 weeks later...
  • RMweb Premium
12 hours ago, Brew Up said:

Is the sound chip available to those who bought the DC version yet?

We're currently working through our DCC Sound pre-orders (thanks for your patience, everyone, it's been a mission!) and once these are cleared and we have an accurate picture of what's left we'll offer any remaining decoders for sale to DC loco customers.

• Like 2

My sound chip arrived yesterday and was duly installed (with some electrical tape over the circuit board, just in case!) I've given it a quick test on a rolling road this afternoon and the quality and content of the sound project is excellent! I'm very much looking forward to playing with it properly!

I still need to order some etched plates, but they can wait until I've got a few to order together.

Cheers

J

• Thanks 1
  • Friendly/supportive 1

• RMweb Premium
9 hours ago, James Hilton said:

All the

Most of the! Back at it this morning and we should have everything cleared by Monday or Tuesday - you'll receive an email notification when yours goes out.

If anyone placed a pre-order for a DCC Sound loco and hasn't paid the balance please check your email for an invoice or ping me a message here or at info@planetindustrials.co.uk. After a grace period any remaining stock will be reallocated for sale as we know there is demand for it.

• Like 3
  • Informative/Useful 1

• RMweb Gold
17 hours ago, Mark Hamlin said:

Just received my first custom etched plates from Light Railway Stores. Very fetching

55013C90-E30A-4934-A058-924826F0664B.jpeg

Hi Mark, 

How long did they take to arrive, from order to delivery ? 

Rob

19 hours ago, Mark Hamlin said:

Just received my first custom etched plates from Light Railway Stores. Very fetching

Ooooh! I do like that! Hadn’t thought of a nameplate but now I’ve seen your “Victory”  I’m thinking of a pair, “Victor” and “Victoria”, in memory of the (rarely performed) musical I had the pleasure to MD a few years ago!

Of course, that should really be done on a matching pair of locos… is this an my excuse to order a second green Victory loco? 

HOURS OF FUN!

Edited by SteveyDee68
Typo!!
  • Friendly/supportive 1

• RMweb Gold
3 hours ago, NHY 581 said:

Hi Mark, 

Rob

They aim for 6-8 weeks as per the website but it slips a bit at busy times and I guess the vouchers in the Victoy’s lead to a surge in orders this year. My two orders this year took 12 weeks for the five industrials and 8 weeks for the L&B ones. 6-8 weeks has been achieved with most previous orders too. 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

• RMweb Premium
On 14/05/2023 at 00:28, Mark Hamlin said:

My Victory Class is also fitted with custom LRS nameplates, as is it's Janus Class diesel colleague.

John Isherwood.

image.png.1e01f8ba95a4a0d1d76ef8755970b9ad.png

• Like 5
  • Craftsmanship/clever 1

The Janus and the Victory do look rather good in that picture.

Really I guess we could start asking if we will see a run 2 announcement soon...

Random thing but does anyone know where I can get some NCB Transfers for the tanks of Victory?

On 15/05/2023 at 05:11, NHY 581 said:

Hi Mark, 

Rob

Looks like I ordered them in the 2nd week of January. They arrived here in New Zealand last Monday. So about 16 weeks for me but they have come an awfully long way😀

17 hours ago, colin55 said:

Looks good!  Have you got a reference number for the style you ordered ?

No. Looks like I ordered the Sans Serif B style.

the website is very good as it shows you exactly what your chosen wording will look like on the plate

How far off is the completion of the shipping of the sound locos?

I just logged onto the Light Railway Stores site and my order is listed as unfulfilled

Regards,

Craig W

• Agree 1