Planet Industrials - Kerr Stuart Victory RTR in OO...

James Hilton

Well, I've finally got myself a temporary layout of settrack laid down in my room, and I can play! This is usually accompanied by my son (2 and a bit) who dictates what runs, but the Victory has been allowed out to play with a suitably prototypical train,...

...of cats!

20231006_145739.jpg.c39c7a1ee7591338ca65d7b0e7a97709.jpg

We both very much enjoy the sounds, and I'm enjoying learning to actually drive it, being so used to DC! I've got some nameplates on order, so in due course, it'll be named Seb, after the boy!

Fantastic model, and great fun to play with!

Cheers

J

• Like 15
  • Friendly/supportive 1

• 1 month later...

I believe I am receiving I&WD 12 for Christmas. I'm thrilled, though, to discover that there's a discount code available for nameplates - I'll be taking advantage of that to get some made up for a narrow-gauge diesel that has languished without. I'm delighted that getting a PI model will allow me to improve another!

Edited by Black Marlin
typo
  • Like 1

• 2 weeks later...
  • RMweb Gold

A very nice e-mail from Planet Industrials...

The extra bits for a Westernised 'Victory' loco should be available from the Light Railway Stores soon. 

GWR 666 & 667 were lifelong residents of Pill shed, as was 2161before being  sold off in 1929.

Information in the first instance to Planet Industrials.

Nice!

Edited by tomparryharry
More information.
  • Like 2

20 hours ago, tomparryharry said:

A very nice e-mail from Planet Industrials...

The extra bits for a Westernised 'Victory' loco should be available from the Industrial Railway Stores soon. 

GWR 666 & 667 were lifelong residents of Pill shed, as was 2161before being  sold off in 1929.

Information in the first instance to Planet Industrials.

Nice!

1 hour ago, sdh-stbriavels said:

Indeed. I've been keeping my eyes on their website for some time

Now available: https://www.lightrailwaystores.co.uk/collections/planet-industrials/products/victory-riveted-tank-overlays

• Like 3

42 minutes ago, James Hilton said:

Today's announcement...

(I should add - of course as soon as I finished I realised I meant Lambton not Harton!)

Buy now: https://www.lightrailwaystores.co.uk/collections/planet-industrials

Hi James. 

Thanks. I've just ordered a green victory. 

Edit- I've ordered the etches as well on a separate order. A plan is forming......

Thanks

Paul. 

Edited by Paul_sterling

Thank you for this James, I read it in conjunction with news on the GWR overlays. As a result, plain black ordered with a set of overlays, VAT deducted and a very reasonable postage rate to Australia!

Look forward to receiving the items, and good luck to you both for the future and 2024. Now to get the other westerney bits and plates from 247. A nice Xmas pressie to me!

Cheers from Oz,

Peter C.

• Like 1

• RMweb Premium
2 minutes ago, franciswilliamwebb said:

Well, how could I resist an offer like that?  🙂

Shame there's no sound ones in the sale, or I'd have had one of those, but I've adopted a nice quiet black one 👍  

Drop us an email and we'll see what we can do in terms of an upgrade.

• Thanks 1

• James Hilton changed the title to Planet Industrials - £99 sale - Kerr Stuart Victory RTR in OO...

No, no, no, no, no!

I have all the Victories I want* - I don’t need another one, even at a super discount price!

My name is Steve and I’m a shunting locomotive addict. It has been 136 days since I last purchased one…

Must resist… must resist … must resist ordering a black one and GWR etches…

Steve S

* I only needed one to satisfy my desire for a Victory tank loco … but I ended up wanting one of each colour …

• Like 1
  • Funny 2
  • Friendly/supportive 4

Great to hear these models have been selling well!!!

Love mine, and (can't remember if I've said before) it has become very popular when it has run on the club layout from a reliability standpoint, really is fantastic when you need a loco running 6 or 7 hours at a time.

Luckily for me I don't have the need to acquire another one currently, as otherwise I would be.

RTR Project No2, whatever it may be, will be brilliant to see.

• RMweb Gold

Sold my plain black example a while ago.....then regretted it..........and now have a replacement on the way.........

Rob

• Like 3
  • Round of applause 2
  • Friendly/supportive 1

• RMweb Gold
3 hours ago, SteveyDee68 said:

No, no, no, no, no!

I have all the Victories I want* - I don’t need another one, even at a super discount price!

My name is Steve and I’m a shunting locomotive addict. It has been 136 days since I last purchased one…

Must resist… must resist … must resist ordering a black one and GWR etches…

Steve S

* I only needed one to satisfy my desire for a Victory tank loco … but I ended up wanting one of each colour …

So are you the one with 7 examples already, as mentioned in James' video?! 😉😉

• Interesting/Thought-provoking 1
  • Funny 1

• RMweb Premium

Incredible price for an incredible loco! I've way overspent on model trains this month otherwise I would partake, so sadly my current one will have to remain alone 😄

However I urge anyone on the fence to BUY ONE NOW! #NotSponsored

Edited by Fair Oak Junction
  • Like 1
  • Agree 3
  • Round of applause 1
  • Funny 1

• RMweb Gold
9 minutes ago, Hroth said:

I was tempted when they first came out, but now.....

Go and hide, my poor wallet!!!

(Definitely the plain black one.)

go-on-father-ted.gif.a8d89d3281da82e87f6377d278e7e091.gif

• Funny 6