Lockdown Fen 4mm W&U(ish)

Gilbert

• 1 month later...
  • RMweb Gold

I'm off to Monmouth and Yate over the next two weekends - I'm tempted to put in a few pre-nationalisation wagons and a loco fitted with S&W couplers - just to ring the changes....Rule 1 and all that...

• Like 4

• RMweb Premium
On 04/02/2023 at 18:14, Gilbert said:

Just got my March RM - LDF is featured.

I'm enjoying reading the RM article and can I thank you for including the 77L storage box dimensions as I've been wondering about trying to build something that could be kept in one but couldn't navigate the RUB website (I think others have found this also) so being able see your finished layout and knowing that it can be stored in one of these is, well, 'really useful' !!

I shall be keeping this article along with 3 others for further scrutiny when I dispose of the unwanted parts of the magazine later.

Regards,

Ian.

• Like 2

• RMweb Gold
20 minutes ago, 03060 said:

I'm enjoying reading the RM article and can I thank you for including the 77L storage box dimensions as I've been wondering about trying to build something that could be kept in one but couldn't navigate the RUB website (I think others have found this also) so being able see your finished layout and knowing that it can be stored in one of these is, well, 'really useful' !!

I shall be keeping this article along with 3 others for further scrutiny when I dispose of the unwanted parts of the magazine later.

Regards,

Ian.

I thought it was a cracking edition - it feels a bit weird rubbing shoulders with Gordon Gravett, Simon George and Ken Payne plus cracking articles on a local station (Monkton Combe) and Alloa - an old favourite.

If you need any more info on the box or the boards just say.

Chris

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1
  • Round of applause 1

• RMweb Gold
On 05/02/2023 at 18:49, Gilbert said:

I'm off to Monmouth and Yate over the next two weekends - I'm tempted to put in a few pre-nationalisation wagons and a loco fitted with S&W couplers - just to ring the changes....Rule 1 and all that...

Rule 1 will be applied.....

• Like 2

• RMweb Gold
31 minutes ago, 03060 said:

can I thank you for including the 77L storage box dimensions

The RUB website actually lists the internal and external dimensions of their whole range on the website. 
Click here,

9 minutes ago, Gilbert said:

I thought it was a cracking edition - it feels a bit weird rubbing shoulders with Gordon Gravett, Simon George and Ken Payne plus cracking articles on a local station (Monkton Combe) and Alloa - an old favourite.

If you need any more info on the box or the boards just say.

Chris

Yes a very good issue all round, it must be 30 years since I visited Ken’s layout through a mutual friend, really nice chap, and I was so glad to see a fitting tribute. 
Arun Quay is sublime and LF captures a similar tranquil feeling 👍

• Like 1
  • Thanks 2
  • Informative/Useful 1

• RMweb Gold

Morning Chris, 

Nicely done. L.F does look very nice indeed. 

I've been pondering how to weather my J70s ahead of taking Ewe to Railwells...

As an aside, should I get some "as seen at S.W.A.G" signage made up ? 

Rob. 

Edited by NHY 581
Sausage hooves
  • Like 2

• RMweb Gold
1 hour ago, NHY 581 said:

Morning Chris, 

Nicely done. L.F does look very nice indeed. 

I've been pondering how to weather my J70s ahead of taking Ewe to Railwells...

As an aside, should I get some "as seen at S.W.A.G" signage made up ? 

Rob. 

Thanks Rob - the J70s were a "light touch" weathering project in my case. Panel liner for the planks and gentle airbrushing plus a few pigments below.

Cheers

Chris

• Like 1

• RMweb Gold

Yes, from the available photos, they seemed generally well presented. Even those used on dock lines weren't particularly distressed. As you say, a light touch will be needed. 

I may well try dismantling them to get at the innards to weather the insides. Pretty certain this was done in one of the more recent issues of Model Rail. 

Rob. 

• Like 1

• RMweb Gold

and in other news I've been through all the cr*p one takes to an exhibition and reduced it by two boxes....hurrah....

Its worth emphasising that taking a micro to a show still means you need all the "stuff" associated with larger exhibits - soldering gear, spares including NCE PCP panel and point switches, service box, drape, cables and plug boards, mugs, track cleaning gear, tool box....I could go on..

Chris H

• Friendly/supportive 5

I saw it in RM, small but perfectly formed - well done !

Shame I can’t make Yate to have a look, but I’ve got to go to Cardiff that day.

Incidentally - the 31 would look great on there - I measured the back to backs On a  Couple of mine and they were all over the place 14.5 - .7.

• Like 2

• RMweb Gold
20 minutes ago, rob D2 said:

I saw it in RM, small but perfectly formed - well done !

Shame I can’t make Yate to have a look, but I’ve got to go to Cardiff that day.

Incidentally - the 31 would look great on there - I measured the back to backs On a  Couple of mine and they were all over the place 14.5 - .7.

I had a green Hornby 31 but it shorted everything when it went over the points - despite my best efforts on B2Bs etc. Hattons took it.

• Friendly/supportive 3

I went out and bought a copy of RM yesterday just to have a look at the feature.

Congratulations, it looks absolutely brilliant and got me hunting for a sketch I did for a goods only setup I sketched out at 40"x 12" and three points.

Must get current layout built first!

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1