Lockdown Fen 4mm W&U(ish)

Gilbert

• RMweb Gold
10 minutes ago, MrWolf said:

I went out and bought a copy of RM yesterday just to have a look at the feature.

Congratulations, it looks absolutely brilliant and got me hunting for a sketch I did for a goods only setup I sketched out at 40"x 12" and three points.

Must get current layout built first!

I'm grateful for your comments Mr W.

It really is just a very simple inglenook..its all theatre after all...

Ian's photos really are very good. I had a couple of folk turn up at Monmouth who commented on how small it was in reality...

Chris H

• Like 3

This is the scribble that I had dug out, I shared it with a couple of co-conspirators on here a year or so back.

The dotted line in ink was a thought about a timber platform, but I think that it works best as a twig off a branch.

There's elements of Drybrook in the loading platform, Kinnerley for the goods lock up and Llansillin Road for the weighing machine hut.

I'm sure that it will fit in 48" x 12", probably less.

It's GW of course but I was scouting about locally and found Ramrigg, off the S&C and other locations off the LNW Ingleton branch it would fit.

I'm likely to build it at some point, (I have the makings of it except for the track I think!) but if it inspires anyone else, you're welcome to use it.

Rob Wolf.

IMG_20230215_223752.jpg.3476da581b05c80defa606359ba6462a.jpg

• Like 11

• RMweb Gold
2 minutes ago, MrWolf said:

This is the scribble that I had dug out, I shared it with a couple of co-conspirators on here a year or so back.

The dotted line in ink was a thought about a timber platform, but I think that it works best as a twig off a branch.

There's elements of Drybrook in the loading platform, Kinnerley for the goods lock up and Llansillin Road for the weighing machine hut.

It's GW of course but I was scouting about locally and found Ramrigg, off the S&C and other locations off the LNW Ingleton branch it would fit.

I'm likely to build it at some point, (I have the makings of it except for the track I think!) but if it inspires anyone else, you're welcome to use it.

Rob Wolf.

go-on-father-ted.gif

• Agree 1
  • Funny 5

2 minutes ago, NHY 581 said:

go-on-father-ted.gif

I think I had a PM from you to that effect about a year ago!

I'm just not as productive as you, or maybe it's because my layout is the equivalent of six layouts like my plan?

Ok, I have the board all cut, I also have:

The weighbridge plate in brass.

The weighbridge hut cut out.

The PW hut made, needs weathering.

Drawings for the lock up.

Assorted GWR gates and oil lamps.

All I need is track and time!

Besides I have Other distractions to contend with!

• Like 1

Go my copy of RM, great article and photo's. Lockdown Fen looks superb and very inspirational, I like the way you have so much detail you have on such a narrow board without things looking overcrowded, certainly makes me want to build a new layout! 

@MrWolf That looks a very nice plan, I shall look forward to seeing it in the future.  

• Like 2

• RMweb Gold
9 hours ago, MrWolf said:

Rob Wolf.

Shades of Sheepcroft?

• Like 3
  • Agree 1

• RMweb Gold

We went to the Yate show today and were blessed with a visit from his Royal Sheepiness.....we tried a bit of light relief with some Sprat and Winkle equipped pre-nationalisation stock in the first hour which went surprisingly well..

52696747080_afc8e1a485_z.jpg

normal service was resumed..

52696590844_c56ffa26e7_z.jpg

We did run with J70s in genuine W&U mode most of the time but I failed to get any photos..however I think there may be a video from Callum later. I managed a few photos of some other exhibits despite the crowds..click on the photo for my (small) album..

Yate 2023

Chris H

Edited by Gilbert
  • Like 18
  • Round of applause 1

• 4 weeks later...

Nice video there, it’s running well.

LF is deffo part of my inspirational toolkit now for small layouts. I am attempting to build a 3 siding nirvana on 2 BQ floating shelves ( but without the floating )

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

• 1 month later...
  • RMweb Gold

Lockdown Fen will be making an appearance at the RMweb SWAG day on 23 April at Staplegrove in Taunton.

We'll mostly stick to "normal" rolling stock but a few odds and ends may also put in an appearance....

Chris Hopper

• Like 9
  • Round of applause 1

• 6 months later...
  • RMweb Gold

Cracking write up in this month's BRM. Not only does the layout look great but the information contained within the article is excellent. 

Top job all round. 

Rob

• Like 2
  • Agree 1
  • Thanks 1

• RMweb Gold
1 minute ago, NHY 581 said:

Cracking write up in this month's BRM. Not only does the layout look great but the information contained within the article is excellent. 

Top job all round. 

Rob

Thanks Rob - your comments are very much appreciated. Phil has done a great job with the fots...

Chris H

• Like 3

• RMweb Gold
18 minutes ago, Gilbert said:

Thanks Rob - your comments are very much appreciated. Phil has done a great job with the fots...

Chris H

Yes, there's one in particular that really caught my eye.............

• Like 2

• RMweb Gold
1 minute ago, Bungus the Fogeyman said:

So there I was, thumbing my way through BRM and I thought  'Can it get any worse than this'...........then I turned the page and saw the beaming countenance of young Chris.........

Seriously though, good article mate.

Disgusting of Market Harborough

Praise indeed...although young Phil has clearly been refining his t*rd polishing skills...just saying....but he's done a cracking job TBH

• Like 2
  • Agree 1

• RMweb Gold
13 hours ago, Gilbert said:

Would Sir like a glossy signed copy?

Morning Chris,

I think I'm okay for now but might come back to you once the imminent refurb of the Room of Doom is completed. Might be able to squeeze you in next to Linda Lusardi and Vicki Michelle. 

Rob. 

• Like 1
  • Funny 3