Hunslet 16" 0-6-0 Saddle Tank - 00 Gauge

rapidoandy

34 minutes ago, Covkid said:

This youtube video should give you a flavour of Holly Bank No 3 at work on the Chasewater "colliery line".

www.youtube.com/watch?v=kDYlWw-abzE

Thankyou,  the video does give an excellent size comparison to pieces of rolling stock.

I gather that the shipment of Hunslets has been held up due to a shortage of DCC chips. Is it fair to assume that the non-DCC models will be held up as well and is there any update on this issue, please?

Cheers,

David

• Like 1

• 4 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...
On 31/12/2022 at 13:58, rogerzilla said:

Do these have coreless motors, does anyone know?  I have a Gaugemaster HF2 track cleaner.

Hi Roger,

The Hunslets do have coreless motors, so we recommend not using high frequency track cleaners with them. A sample Hunslet does run happily on my layout which uses a HF1, but it might have long term implications so I'm going to install a DPDT bypass switch on my layout for using these and various kitbuilt locos with coreless motors.

Hope that helps,

Tom

• Informative/Useful 2

• 3 weeks later...
  • RMweb Gold
7 minutes ago, RapidoCorbs said:

An update on Hunslets (and Class 28s) - Analogue versions are ready for shipping while the DCC ones await investigation.
675893919_Screenshot2023-01-20at20_04_41.png.82218eaa40dd48bc72bf2eb817363742.png

Blimey you are not having much luck with bought in components recently! 

Ta for the info I’ll expect an invoice from LRS soon. 

• Like 3
  • Agree 1

• RMweb Premium

Just paid for mine (Holly Bank No.3) 🙂

I'm hoping to be able to fit a sound decoder at a later date, I just couldn't afford it this time. Will the decoder/project be available separately at some point in the future, or will I have to find an aftermarket third party project?

• Like 1

Doubly delighted with my red one, arrived this morning - lovely little model, my second Rapido loco. Double delighted because I was unaware it was already named Alex, one of my two remaining grandsons not to have a loco named for him. Plates already on order for James will now be held over for Dapol's Hawthorn Leslie

• Like 4

13 minutes ago, RAYTHEROCK said:

Doubly delighted with my red one, arrived this morning - lovely little model, my second Rapido loco. Double delighted because I was unaware it was already named Alex, one of my two remaining grandsons not to have a loco named for him. Plates already on order for James will now be held over for Dapol's Hawthorn Leslie

Yikes.  Better pay for mine then.  Didn't realise they are actually "here".

Thanks 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, RAYTHEROCK said:

Rails have charged me for my Alex today, so it might rock up by the weekend.