New range of simple to assemble 00/EM gauge pointwork kits - EM B7 Prototype - First Look

NFWEM57

• RMweb Premium
9 hours ago, SteveCornford said:

Hi Patrick, thank you for producing a facing direction video at various speeds, they all look nice & smooth.

Hi Wayne, all the best for your launch.

Thank you, much appreciated.  Not bad considering pretty 'fat' RTR driving wheels.  AG drivers going on this weekend.

Yes, concur, good luck with the launch Wayne, you have worked really hard on this and deserve every success; as well as the innovator of the year award..! 

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1
  • Friendly/supportive 1

Hi Wayne good to hear the progress and agree the rolling introductions is the best way to go. I don’t know what is more important your release dates or the easing of lockdown........ Just as a matter of interest will be eventually supplying parts separately eg. Frog/Crossings etc.

Keith

Ps.. also a big thank you to Patrick as well, railway modelling gongs for both of you.....

• Agree 1
  • Thanks 1

• RMweb Gold

Hi Wayne

Planning ahead, what was the final story about matching plain track (EM)? My recollection (likely suspect!) was that the rail was EMGS pattern although I think SMP was mentioned at some point. Is the expectation that people use EMGS flexible track or is there a C&L combination of rail, sleepers and chairs that offers a good match?

Really looking forward to seeing these!

Many thanks

Andy

7 hours ago, Andy Vincent said:

Hi Wayne

Planning ahead, what was the final story about matching plain track (EM)? My recollection (likely suspect!) was that the rail was EMGS pattern although I think SMP was mentioned at some point. Is the expectation that people use EMGS flexible track or is there a C&L combination of rail, sleepers and chairs that offers a good match?

Really looking forward to seeing these!

Many thanks

Andy

Hi Andy,

That's right, I'm now using the EMGS rail. I have checked and C&L rail seems to have the same profile, so either will be fine.

You can still join with SMP flexi track, the heavier EMGS rail will slide into the chairs of the SMP plastic base if required, depending where and how you wish to put the join.

I'll also be supplying height transition pieces to transition from thick to thin sleeper heights.

• Like 1

The C&L 4 mm rail is of a generic production, the tool (die) which forms it is owned by the wire company and used by several brands. C&L now own their own 7mm tool, producing a more scale rail, which is far more accurate than their older generic product.

• Like 1
  • Informative/Useful 1

• RMweb Gold

You would have had 226 if I had stumbled across these threads earlier! I not at a layout building stage yet, but these look like something  I would most definitely use in 00, possibly 00-SF.

6 hours ago, Wayne Kinney said:

Hi Guys,

Well coming 7th on the 'Innovation of the Year' award wasn't so bad :)

Thanks to the 225 people that voted for me!

• Thanks 1

15 hours ago, Wayne Kinney said:

Hi Guys,

Well coming 7th on the 'Innovation of the Year' award wasn't so bad :)

Thanks to the 225 people that voted for me!

Coming 7th before it is even released. You deserved to be higher. I voted for you. Let's see what next year brings.

• Like 2
  • Agree 4
  • Thanks 1

2 hours ago, cheesysmith said:

Coming 7th before it is even released. You deserved to be higher. I voted for you. Let's see what next year brings.

A word of caution. Let us not raise the bar too high for Wayne. He might need a bit of space to sort out some initial teething problems. Hopefully he won't have any but please be considerate if he needs to work on some stuff.

• Agree 2
  • Thanks 1

• 2 weeks later...
  • RMweb Premium
5 hours ago, Wayne Kinney said:

Hi Guys,

Finally received the instructions and bag topper back from the printers, here are a few pics of the final product all packaged up:

DSC04581.JPG.b103f297d6a0956c902f92f9e27605fa.JPGDSC04580.JPG.c20d8f24d889f7984a47be8b85c662f8.JPGDSC04582.JPG.176f0079eaf017f6a73fbd3e22c29799.JPGDSC04583.JPG.2a8cef48623206c4102d4110c9265919.JPGDSC04584.JPG.f69324ce01abf08a6d71e31ceba7da6c.JPGDSC04585.JPG.e84d19e4bcfda4337f2c87da79430d16.JPGDSC04586.JPG.64af1206a546cfa9448f97fee52ad99a.JPGDSC04587.JPG.7f3efce668a7b9134618ffa6174d1f53.JPG

This sample is about to be posted to John (RMweb member 'Hayfield') so we should hear his opinions on the kit shortly.

Now, back to making stock... :)

Absolutely brilliant, well done..!  Great idea for the instructions.  And every thing in a neat bag..!

Patrick

• Thanks 1