Braeside Models: The Scratchbuild Commissions of Brian McCulloch

• 2 weeks later...
9 hours ago, brylonscamel said:

Full Laser!

I rarely commit to using laser-cutting for every component but this commission was a good project to flex my skills.

The structural components for the canopy and the brickwork benefit from the crisp accuracy of a machine cutter. I get the curved lintels to sit amongst the coursed brickwork and nice joints at the wall.

Canopy brackets are also sharp, with tabs to slot into walls, valances and roof materials.

Here's the initial assembly, with the main roof yet to be added ..

bm-keyham-station-02.jpg

This 7mm station is destined for a layout, based in Plymouth area, with a nod to Keyham and Laira.

I'm wanting to get a laser cutter, for buildings etc, because the results are amazing, but have no where to put it at the moment.

21 hours ago, stevel said:

I'm wanting to get a laser cutter, for buildings etc, because the results are amazing, but have no where to put it at the moment.

.. and there was me thinking that Canada has lots of space!

I'm fortunate that we have a local business that hires time on their machines.

I also try to be organised and bring materials & drawings that I have checked at home, otherwise it can be costly!

• Like 2

7 hours ago, brylonscamel said:

.. and there was me thinking that Canada has lots of space!

I'm fortunate that we have a local business that hires time on their machines.

I also try to be organised and bring materials & drawings that I have checked at home, otherwise it can be costly!

Plenty of space in Canada but none in my office, three 3d printers a spray booth etc plus the need to exhaust the smoke!!!, I get there eventually.

I had found a local company, that could do them for me, some time ago, but they went out of business.

• Like 1

• 1 month later...