Dapol announce 'OO' OLE

Andy Y

• RMweb Premium

Has any one pictures of the wires fitted, what is the main difference of these masts to ones erected circa 1960

as on the Manchester to Crewe line. thanks.

Dapol mast are Mk3 with a 900 mm system height

post-16423-0-51112300-1458569640.png

WCML mast are Mk1 with a 6ft 6ins system height.

post-16423-0-29115600-1458569700.png

I have not taken any recent pictures, and it is more functional than finescale, but it keeps me happy...

It is made by Hobbex, The first picture is assembled as Hobbex intended:

IMG_6392.jpg

The second is modified to look more like Mk3, modifying the Hobbex parts supplied:

IMG_6390.jpg

However I was finding it quite time consuming to modify so I reverted back to the Hobbex standard for the multiple track headspans seen here under construction:

IMG_6389.jpg

The hobbex stuff does the job, but it still looks very foreign to me.  As I see it there are three choices - Dapol -  very limited but easy to use and reasonably accurate if only for ECML and some modern bits of WCML, continental stuff (inc Peco probably) -  easy to use but looks strange,  or make your own - which seems potentially difficult with the only guarantees (for me) of burnt fingers (if soldered) or hand glued to face (yes I have done this several times) if I use superglue.

• 2 months later...

But at least now we can contribute to the design so that we are all delighted. I think the debate on modular vs fixed is very interesting and I encourage all the last 14 pages of comments on here to go have a post over on the Digest.

Archived