Users will currently see a stripped down version of the site until an advertising issue is fixed. If you are seeing any suspect adverts please go to the bottom of the page and click on Themes and select IPS Default. ×
RMweb

Interesting and inspiring photos from Flickr....

Note that the Garratt has been turned so that the the smokebox end is trailing; originally it ran the other way around but its length made buffering up a challenge, with a few fairly heavy bumps to the train.

• Like 1
  • Informative/Useful 7
  • Interesting/Thought-provoking 2

• RMweb Premium
On 21/03/2023 at 19:12, woodenhead said:

Just a warning, do not click on the tag '06004 related to the image above on Flickr for.  It might raise your heartbeat a little, it's not just a loco...😲😵🤭

That depends if the safe search is set to on or off.....

I could easily start a thread where seemingly innocent rolling stock number searches reveal images of an "interesting" nature............

TPE mk5 DT numbers.... cough.....

30 minutes ago, newbryford said:

I could easily start a thread where seemingly innocent rolling stock number searches reveal images of an "interesting" nature............

Safesearch should be on, I wasn't logged in.

TPE mk5 DT numbers.... cough.....Bl00dy hell, really you'd think they would be able to identify that amount of skin on show and block it from users who are not logged on.  Well I know how babies are made now 🤣

5 hours ago, newbryford said:

So for my next Platform 5 Combine or Coaching Stock numbers I should start checking out the ‘top shelf’ in certain establishments that sell publications like these? 
My local Tesco’s stopped stocking Viz Ffs…

On 07/03/2023 at 15:08, iands said:

The photo caption says 'Delph station'.

On 07/03/2023 at 15:08, iands said:

The photo caption says 'Delph station'.

Delph Station, at the end of the LNWR Delph Branch (a.k.a. the Delph Donkey) off the Standedge line. Closed to passengers in 1955 and to goods in 1964. The photo looks as if it was in the last two months of passenger working, when the the standard 2MT tanks had replaced the Fowler 3MT tanks on the push - pulls. The train would be for Oldham (Clegg Street) 

• Informative/Useful 1

• RMweb Gold
On 30/07/2021 at 19:20, montyburns56 said:

What exactly are these autocoaches, I've never seen them before.

Chalford 1964 by KDH Archive

1964 bw02 26 101064 Chalford 1458

1964 bw02 27 101064 Chalford 1458

Diagram A44 1953 compartment conversion from Collett Brake 3rd, A38 Hawksworth next to the loco.  There were A43 all-third non-driving trailers to go with the A44s as well, Collett Diagram C66.  The A44s followed the style of compartment brake composite trailers converted in 1938 for the Lydney-Sharpness service, joint with the LMS which required first class provision.  They were known as 'cyclops' trailers, the 1953 batch being produced in connection with an extension of auto working in South Wales, along with a number of 4575 small prairies being given auto equipment.  Unstaffed halts and ground level access were uncommon in South Wales at that time and compartment trailers were suitable.

• Informative/Useful 1

• RMweb Gold
On 26/09/2021 at 19:27, montyburns56 said:

I think this must be the weekly beer supply for the navvies.

Leeds No. 1 Colsterdale Reservoir railway by John Law

nyks - loco leeds no 1 on provisions train colsterdale reservoir project

From what I understand about navvies, that's probably the daily supply...

• Like 1
  • Funny 1

• RMweb Gold
On 13/11/2021 at 18:48, Ian Smeeton said:

There are a couple more photos in that photostream of the electrification train.

in this one

92101 Knott End Junc. 20.6.67

the first two vehicles seem to have the condemned symbol on them, backed up by the next photo

92101 Knott End Junc. 20.6.67

which appeared earlier in this thread.

Regards

Ian

The 9F is displaying a 'through freight' headcode, which suggests that the stock is unbraked, and presumably withdrawn and, as has been suggested, on it's way to electrification Valhalla.  The Euston/Birmingham/Liverpool/Manchester 25kv scheme had been completed the previous year, and no more work was done with 25kv until the 1974 Weaver Jc-Motherwell scheme.

• Thanks 1
  • Informative/Useful 1