Bute Road, ?

Andrew P

So instead of Track Planning today, I have re arranged the Amp and put the Guitars back were they were a week ago. The only difference now is that they go under the Layout due to its extra height.

IMG_5330.JPG.ee9a7c16e180847839e347a6432cca30.JPG

IMG_5331.JPG.3ad31e58ac84ad9ece81360bedb70eae.JPG

• Like 16

37 minutes ago, Andrew P said:

Well spotted Young Mike, Yes I used it with a Midland theme Layout many moos ago.

The reason for its re use is that it has significant links to my wonderful Late Father. 

Thanks Andy. Can't get any better reason than that.

• Like 1
  • Agree 1

• RMweb Gold

Nice video Andy. I think you and I must have covered a lot of paper with possible layout plans over the years. I notice these days my plans tend to be more often the same basic plans with just different details. I don't think it is because I have run ut of ideas just that I have learnt what works for me. Like I always want at least one siding facing the opposite way the the others. It forces run round moves during shunting.

Don

• Agree 2

8 hours ago, Donw said:

Nice video Andy. I think you and I must have covered a lot of paper with possible layout plans over the years. I notice these days my plans tend to be more often the same basic plans with just different details. I don't think it is because I have run ut of ideas just that I have learnt what works for me. Like I always want at least one siding facing the opposite way the the others. It forces run round moves during shunting.

Don

I agree about ideas Don, I posted my proposed Track Plan on here, and my mate said, that's the same as Pencarne Junction, and yes, If you take the Station area its very similar in a more reduced format.

1812488711_BUTEROAD(FortheEdenProject)(KernowandClayToday).png.d5fdb55767367459588d1c85aab39abd.png

336430955_PENCARNEJUNCTIONPLAN12-Copy.png.e7fa2ac0ff5c51270673d08d9fc71561.png

• Agree 4

• RMweb Premium
14 minutes ago, Andrew P said:

I agree about ideas Don, I posted my proposed Track Plan on here, and my mate said, that's the same as Pencarne Junction, and yes, If you take the Station area its very similar in a more reduced format.

1812488711_BUTEROAD(FortheEdenProject)(KernowandClayToday).png.d5fdb55767367459588d1c85aab39abd.png

336430955_PENCARNEJUNCTIONPLAN12-Copy.png.e7fa2ac0ff5c51270673d08d9fc71561.png

Will there be a caravan site?

• Like 2
  • Funny 3

5 minutes ago, David Bell said:

All looking good Andy. I have caught up with the videos. This will be my first live Andy P build  from the beginning!.

Cheers

David

Thanks David, Well I hope that doesn't put the mockers on it then.:laugh:.

19 hours ago, Andrew P said:

Need a hand?:D

Happy Birthday for next week as well.

Yes, I'll have 'High Street' shipped down to the Sarf Coast! In all seriousness I'll hopefully have power to the shed this week and I think it will probably come here over the winter so I can try and make some progress, its been dormant through this COVID fiasco.

& Thank you, week tomorrow!

• Like 3

1 hour ago, lezz01 said:

Yeeeekkkkssssss man, they need building, far to complicated for me.:laugh:

Cheers anyway.:good:

• Friendly/supportive 1

32 minutes ago, lezz01 said:

Andy mate! If you can build a wagon kit you can build a caravan kit!

Regards Lez.

Yeah, but No, but Yeah I guess so, but it needs paint and stuff, and my Hot Glue Gun won't go inside.:D 

• Funny 4

Hi Andrew, after reading through your new venture ,you talk about not putting the back scene ,onto the baseboard (hang it on the  wall), please can you explain how the embankment  on the baseboard , goes up to the back scene  without touching ,but able  to take grass and trees ,etc  or have i missed some thing ??  --your layout grows so quickly, it is hard to keep up. thanks for reading Dave

• Like 1

• RMweb Gold

I'll tell you what mate. I'm going on holiday to not very sunny Clacton in a few weeks for a mini break at the Haven Orchard site. I always take a kit to do in the evenings so if you buy a couple of them and send them to me I'll build and paint them for you whilst I'm away. It's that or I build the 1/48th Defiant I've been sitting on for a couple of years.

Regards Lez.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1
  • Friendly/supportive 1

25 minutes ago, whizzo said:

Hi Andrew, after reading through your new venture ,you talk about not putting the back scene ,onto the baseboard (hang it on the  wall), please can you explain how the embankment  on the baseboard , goes up to the back scene  without touching ,but able  to take grass and trees ,etc  or have i missed some thing ??  --your layout grows so quickly, it is hard to keep up. thanks for reading Dave

Hi Dave, A great question, and so here is what I plan to do.

I will fit a bit of wood along the back of the board, and then bring an embankment down from it, cover it in Bushes and Shrubs etc, and that will hide the gap.

I HOPE.:o

BACKSCENE.png.c0e5ff40b4c0771f2c4fa51cea852569.png

• Like 8
  • Craftsmanship/clever 1

48 minutes ago, lezz01 said:

I'll tell you what mate. I'm going on holiday to not very sunny Clacton in a few weeks for a mini break at the Haven Orchard site. I always take a kit to do in the evenings so if you buy a couple of them and send them to me I'll build and paint them for you whilst I'm away. It's that or I build the 1/48th Defiant I've been sitting on for a couple of years.

Regards Lez.

Thanks Lez, Really not sure if I'll have enough room for somewhere like that yet, so I'll leave it at the mo, but thanks anyway.

You enjoy your Holiday and building the Defiant.:good:

• Friendly/supportive 1

• RMweb Premium

Where is the loco depot? :rtfm:

Earlier in the thread you said there was not going to be a bus. How are the customers/passengers going to get to the Eden Project if there is no bus/coach for them? :scratchhead:

I bet he says it is at the Eden Project collecting the next train load so they can start their journey back to where they came form. :imsohappy:

• Funny 6

16 minutes ago, Clive Mortimore said:

Earlier in the thread you said there was not going to be a bus. How are the customers/passengers going to get to the Eden Project if there is no bus/coach for them? :scratchhead:

I bet he says it is at the Eden Project collecting the next train load so they can start their journey back to where they came form. :imsohappy:

Eden Project is all about nature, so what better for the environment than a nice walk:o

• Like 2
  • Agree 1
  • Round of applause 1
  • Funny 5

• RMweb Gold
2 hours ago, Clive Mortimore said:

Well if it's on a bridge there will be Stukas.

Regards Lez.

Edited by lezz01
  • Like 1
  • Funny 4

Hi again Andrew, thank you for the Quick answer/ plus drawing --what a simple idea, to an awkward problem i am sure you will be at that stage before me - i have been building for a year ,and you have more or less caught me up - how can you build so fast ? regards Dave

Edited by whizzo
  • Agree 1
  • Thanks 1

1 hour ago, whizzo said:

Hi again Andrew, thank you for the Quick answer/ plus drawing --what a simple idea, to an awkward problem i am sure you will be at that stage before me - i have been building for a year ,and you have more or less caught me up - how can you build so fast ? regards Dave

Thanks its called pre planning for the next day.

I've been up most of the night, only had an hour or so's sleep working out the next stage.:angry: Now I need some sleep.

• Friendly/supportive 2