Bute Road, ?

Andrew P

49 minutes ago, David Bell said:

Much enjoyed video 3 Andy. It is grand when a plan comes together. A day spent fiddling around with loose bits of track at the start of a project is always a good day in my experience.

Cheers

David

Its almost a hobby in itself, and very therapeutic.:good:

• Like 2
  • Agree 1

Does your enthusiasm ever get a hit Andrew?

Your infectious output not just from layout construction but the media side is impressive.

If for say your content wasn't updated on a regular basis a lot on here would be wondering where you are.

I find the process sometimes mentally frustrating and exhausting, always striving for that perfection, which is not really possible.

There must be a time when you really want to take a step back for a while -  or is this not the case?

CS

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

Glad for that. And happy you don't see your builds as a chore having to appease and entertain RM members with an expected amount of daily output like some sort of a YouTube Media Blog.

Hats off Andrew, it seems sad but personally I just couldn't be bothered with expectations. Builds all start and keep in the mind yes frustrating when there isn't anything planned, and on the go, but when there is, it keeps the grey matter going and, yes the next phases and discovery is in that mind that wont erase, as long as it will hopefully be active. The hobby is there and then it isn't. But when it is, it is very good, and all consuming.

Keep up the good work.

CS

• Like 3

• Andrew P changed the title to Bute Road,
1 minute ago, shedman said:

You could run one of the GWR Castle Class short HSTs through Bute Road, Andy!  Hornby do one. Better than an IET.  Trevor.

I'm standing well back!!

Thanks, but No Thanks.:good:

• RMweb Gold
2 hours ago, Andrew P said:

Thanks, but No Thanks.:good:

Would be quite valid for Bute Road on a Plymouth - Newquay working Andy ... just as valid as ooh I dont know, a DB red liveried 66 :P and being four coaches its not a bubble car either ....

... (CCTV switches to Andy at this computer) NOOOOOOOOOOOOOO

Ah well, just can't help some people can you :) hehehe

... there's always the bus ..... yea, yea, yeah ok . I'll get me' coat ....

Hope you had an enjoyable ride round on your travels with the deliveries today Andy, as you've posted I am assuming your back safe and sound, dont do too much!

Rich

• Like 1

10 minutes ago, IAN K said:

Hi Andy is the plan set in stone or are you going to change your mind :tomato:

Oh no don’t start saying things like that  the poor guy won’t sleep now tonight :nono:….let’s hope his in the POD sorting the viaduct and goes to bed without looking on here …….:senile:

• Agree 1
  • Funny 2

11 hours ago, MarshLane said:

Would be quite valid for Bute Road on a Plymouth - Newquay working Andy ... just as valid as ooh I dont know, a DB red liveried 66 :P and being four coaches its not a bubble car either ....

... (CCTV switches to Andy at this computer) NOOOOOOOOOOOOOO

Ah well, just can't help some people can you :) hehehe

... there's always the bus ..... yea, yea, yeah ok . I'll get me' coat ....

Hope you had an enjoyable ride round on your travels with the deliveries today Andy, as you've posted I am assuming your back safe and sound, dont do too much!

Rich

Cheers Rich a pleasant drive to do my deliveries, and when I arrived at Dobbies Garden Centre in Swindon, (the first meeting point) I realised my wallet was NOT in my pocket, so a panic phone call to The Good Lady, and it was in my other jeans, which was a relief.

At least the Chap I was meeting could buy the coffee.

He arrived and said, I'm sorry, I cant pay you for XXXXXXXX at the moment as I've left my wallet at home.

Luckilly he had a debit card with him, and a coffee and chat was enjoyed.

Then over to Thatcham to meet some people I had briefly met at Alton Station when I did an O Gauge Body swap some Months ago. A lovely mug of tea, some biscuits and a look at his O Gauge Garden project was much enjoyed, along with a good natter, plus an invite back on a warmer day for a running session, before the drive home.

A very pleasant day.

• Like 6
  • Round of applause 1
  • Friendly/supportive 1

9 hours ago, IAN K said:

Hi Andy is the plan set in stone or are you going to change your mind :tomato:

Nothing is EVER set in stone Eee but, this seems to be working, and with the points supplied by Rich, @MarshLaneplus 5 more I need to complete my Track Purchase I am almost there.

But

Never say never.:swoon:

• Like 1

9 hours ago, gismorail said:

Oh no don’t start saying things like that  the poor guy won’t sleep now tonight :nono:….let’s hope his in the POD sorting the viaduct and goes to bed without looking on here …….:senile:

I did go to bed without looking on here as it happens Martin. 

The Viaduct will be a long term work in progress, but tomorrow I hope to pick up the other Platform edges and the rest of the bits from the shipping lost:notme: when I go to Eastleigh.

Now, what about some more Locos?

• Like 4
  • Friendly/supportive 1

1 hour ago, Andrew P said:

I did go to bed without looking on here as it happens Martin. 

The Viaduct will be a long term work in progress, but tomorrow I hope to pick up the other Platform edges and the rest of the bits from the shipping lost:notme: when I go to Eastleigh.

Now, what about some more Locos?

I hope Mr P that wasn't a Freudian slip there Lost instead of List. Is your subconscious trying to tell you something?

Edited by Winslow Boy
To many nesses
  • Agree 1
  • Funny 2

3 hours ago, Winslow Boy said:

I hope Mr P that wasn't a Freudian slip there Lost instead of List. Is your subconscious trying to tell you something?

Shipping Lost  = Shopping List.:D

• Like 2
  • Round of applause 1
  • Funny 3

1 hour ago, pwr said:

Long term!!!! It will be finished by Sunday!

Paul R

YES, but not this one, OR any time this year, or maybe even next year at the current slow rate of progress.

Nothing done again today so far as we've been out for coffee and cake.:dancer:

Edited by Andrew P
  • Like 3