Conflat P and Containers

Crepello

• RMweb Premium
On 07/05/2023 at 15:47, Kaput said:

Finally getting around decoder fitting my latest N gauge stuff and noticed my conflat-p's seem to be randomly shorting on DCC.

Any ideas what I should be checking?

Please contact the warranty department:

https://rapidotrains.co.uk/warranty-form/

This problem is fixable but they can do it quickly and reliably.

Edited by RapidoCorbs

• 2 weeks later...
  • RMweb Gold

For anyone that cares, the wagons came back repaired from Rapido this weekend. Sheet says the bearings were replaced.

Impressed with the speed of the warranty service at least but the wagons were a little hamfistedly put back in the box and all 3 of them now have broken brake rigging so that kinda sucks.

• Interesting/Thought-provoking 1

• RMweb Premium
11 hours ago, Kaput said:

For anyone that cares, the wagons came back repaired from Rapido this weekend. Sheet says the bearings were replaced.

Impressed with the speed of the warranty service at least but the wagons were a little hamfistedly put back in the box and all 3 of them now have broken brake rigging so that kinda sucks.

Damn, sorry to hear about the brake rigging. Is it fixable or does it need to come back to us to be rectified?
Apologies for this.

• Like 1
  • Interesting/Thought-provoking 1

• RMweb Gold
2 hours ago, RapidoCorbs said:

Damn, sorry to hear about the brake rigging. Is it fixable or does it need to come back to us to be rectified?
Apologies for this.

I could probably fix it with glue and patience but at normal viewing angles when running its not really noticable so its low priority.

And I really can't be bothered packing them up to post again 😀

1 hour ago, Kaput said:

I could probably fix it with glue and patience but at normal viewing angles when running its not really noticable so its low priority.

And I really can't be bothered packing them up to post again 😀

Very sorry to read this - I have issued a Form1 here. If you need any parts to effect the repair yourself please drop Corbs or I a line...

• Like 2

• RMweb Premium

I’ve fitted my Conflat Ps with Hunt Elite close couplers. They have overcome the occasional uncoupling which occurred with Dapol buckeyes, due to vertical movement of the NEM pockets. The gap between wagons is marginally wider, but with a dab of black paint on the magnets, they’ll be as inconspicuous as the buckeyes.

• Like 2

• 2 weeks later...
  • RMweb Gold
On 22/05/2023 at 14:21, rapidoandy said:

Very sorry to read this - I have issued a Form1 here. If you need any parts to effect the repair yourself please drop Corbs or I a line...

After careful consideration and discovering the single pack Conflat-P I thought was fine also actually has the funky shorting issue I think I'd like to get them all properly fixed, should I just do another warranty form on the site?

• Friendly/supportive 1

• RMweb Premium
On 06/06/2023 at 17:03, Kaput said:

After careful consideration and discovering the single pack Conflat-P I thought was fine also actually has the funky shorting issue I think I'd like to get them all properly fixed, should I just do another warranty form on the site?

Yes please, sorry to hear about the shorting.

• Thanks 1

• 3 months later...

Hi 

I got myself 9 conflats at the INGS yesterday…. Very excited (the Mrs less impressed!). On initial running I found 2 had the resistive rolling issue, but could still be dragged along although it’s overall a very heavy train. This morning one of those developed the shorting issue as well. 
Are the two issues related?

Incidentally both issues were relieved (though I guess not solved) when the very heavy container was removed. 

Essentially, if I do any work myself (eg attempting to shave back the frame as suggested and lightening the loads) will I then invalidate any warranty?

If I go down the route of sending them off to Rapido to fix, should I only send the ones with issues, or all 9 for preventative treatment?

I really dont want to spend any more on these (including postage) as I’m in the dog house as it is and I’ve neglected to mention I intend to get a couple more if the issues are easily resolved!

Cheers

Dave

Edited by DaveBR

• RMweb Gold
3 hours ago, DaveBR said:

Hi 

I got myself 9 conflats at the INGS yesterday…. Very excited (the Mrs less impressed!). On initial running I found 2 had the resistive rolling issue, but could still be dragged along although it’s overall a very heavy train. This morning one of those developed the shorting issue as well. 
Are the two issues related?

Incidentally both issues were relieved (though I guess not solved) when the very heavy container was removed. 

Essentially, if I do any work myself (eg attempting to shave back the frame as suggested and lightening the loads) will I then invalidate any warranty?

If I go down the route of sending them off to Rapido to fix, should I only send the ones with issues, or all 9 for preventative treatment?

I really dont want to spend any more on these (including postage) as I’m in the dog house as it is and I’ve neglected to mention I intend to get a couple more if the issues are easily resolved!

Cheers

Dave

I'd probably send them all, I eventually ended up sending all 4 of mine for repairs since they all ended up doing the shorting stuff. Paperwork said bearings were replaced. They roll decently enough but they really do need something with traction tyres to haul them comfortably.

All fixed now although the axles are loose enough that putting any pressure on the wagon (even just to seat the container properly) can make an axle pop out of the bearing. Not a huge issue but requires a little care.

Don't worry about post, Rapido send a prepaid postage label so no cost to the customer (as it should be for warranty work).

• RMweb Premium

Kaput is absolutely correct, all models should work when new. If they don't and there is a defect, please tell us and we will do our best to sort it out.

Warranty form is here:

https://rapidotrains.co.uk/warranty-form/

There may be a small delay this week as we are dealing with a large delivery in the warehouse plus sorting things out after TINGS but we will get back to you as soon as possible.

• Like 1