West Hill Wagon Works

mevaman1

• 3 months later...
  • RMweb Gold

Indeed. Being as how my son bought me a Class 92 by Accurascale, since supplemented by a Bachmann 90 and a Heljan 86, I now need to consider OLE and haven’t left enough room between the up line and the baseboard edge. Twin track cantilevers will solve that problem. 

• 3 months later...
  • RMweb Gold
Posted (edited)

Yes indeed! the OHLE stuff will be great and they will be doing all the components to model things like the tensioning apparatus and power feeds. When I eventually extend my layout to include a running line, it’s looking like there will be a massive selection to pick from - I spoke to them about this at Ally Pally. Another very useful kit will be the Class 40 chassis detailing kit to replace the inaccurate Bachmann detail. They had a 40 kitted out and it looked the biz. In the meantime, I have some point levers to make and attempt to install under my existing OLE.  😁

Edited by 97406
  • Informative/Useful 1

• RMweb Gold
On 18/03/2024 at 17:50, 97406 said:

Another very useful kit will be the Class 40 chassis detailing kit to replace the inaccurate Bachmann detail. They had a 40 kitted out and it looked the biz. In the meantime, I have some point levers to make and attempt to install under my existing OLE.  😁

Don’t need any knitting, but a class 40 detailing kit sounds the business.

Anybody got some photos?

Roy

• RMweb Gold
11 hours ago, Roy Langridge said:

Anybody got some photos?

Roy

Alas I never thought to take a picture but I was told it will be released in the next week or so and all my 40s will be getting them so watch this space.

• Like 1

17 hours ago, Roy Langridge said:

Anybody got some photos?

Roy

West Hill Class 40 with forthcoming detail parts

IMG_5039 - CLASS 40 DETAIL SET - WHWW.JPG

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

• RMweb Gold
Posted (edited)
On 09/12/2023 at 20:06, Matt said:

Wonder if they can be persuaded to do some gantry colour light signals… seems a gap in the market?

I scratch built mine (N scale) by using ground signals from ModelIt and Ratio Pratt Truss kits. Turned out well enough for my purposes but not prototypical and I've not yet managed to hide the wiring.

image.png.d31f890f0d87e47ddfb9f0cbc900aa61.png

Edited by AndrueC
  • Craftsmanship/clever 1

15 hours ago, Enterprisingwestern said:

Replacement MW socket connector thingy?

Mike.

I believe the details set will include the MW socket connector cables, bogie/body support pads (above sandbox), steam heat pipes and body lifting/jacking brackets as well as the bogie front end detail pipes and cables

• Like 2

• RMweb Gold
Just now, RetiredBod said:

I believe the details set will include the MW socket connector cables, bogie/body support pads (above sandbox), steam heat pipes and body lifting/jacking brackets as well as the bogie front end detail pipes and cables

Yes, it’s a full detailing kit. Use that and the Shawplan windscreens and fan grille will give you the best 40 you can get, though I tend not to use the fan grilles due to old sausage fingers here picking up the loco in the wrong place and ruining them! They are extremely finescale.

• Like 1
  • Informative/Useful 1
  • Friendly/supportive 1

• RMweb Gold
  • 2 weeks later...
  • RMweb Gold

I'm absolutely delighted with the Class 40 chassis detailing kit. It works wonders with the Bachmann 40 replacing the overscale bogie jumpers and adding the missing chassis detail. Most of the Bachmann bufferbeam pipes are fine so you also get a set of vac and air pipes for the spares box to boot!

A good idea for a separate kit would be the 'Eiffel Tower' bracket and the steps for the locomotives that had their boiler water tanks removed from in between the bogies. This one has the bracket off an early Bachmann 40 but they're hard to get hold of without buying an early 40 and breaking it apart.

This one has had the windscreens replaced with the Shawplan etches and Laserglaze.

36.JPG.adab07cf6453ad614a4c4c2b3afbd0e0.JPG

• Like 2
  • Craftsmanship/clever 1

• 3 weeks later...