Mudmagnet Models 3D Printed Items

mudmagnet

• 4 weeks later...
  • RMweb Gold

I will have some new products on the website in the next couple of days, including

7mm scale LSWR station seats, luggage barrows and parcel barrows

4mm / 00 'Denparts' boxes

• Like 1
  • Informative/Useful 1

• RMweb Gold

I will be adding two packs of 4mm / 00 Denparts to my sales page soon.

First are the part boxes, two larger and one small.

Second are the engine / spares support frames.

All supplied unpainted.

Denparts.jpg

Denparts-2.jpg

Denparts-3.jpg

Denparts-4.jpg

Denparts-6.jpg

• Like 8
  • Craftsmanship/clever 1

• RMweb Gold
1 hour ago, Enterprisingwestern said:

Are you thinking of doing the mechanical bits which were carried on the support frames, engines, fluid flywheels etc?

Mike.

Yes, I would like to, but need to find sufficient information to enable drawings to be done.

• Like 4

• RMweb Gold

Many thanks Stu for posting the photos.

I have been working on both a 7mm scale and 2mm scale version, which hopefully should be ready to order by the end of the week.

7mm scale version first - need to finish the painting / weathering

oil tanks.jpg

oil tanks-3.jpg

• Like 7
  • Craftsmanship/clever 1

• 4 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • RMweb Gold

A new product added to the range to the sales page today - 4mm / 00 Southern Railway station seats.

Busy working in the background one an exciting project which hoping to be able to be ready in the next few weeks.

image.png.1bfb08abdb1888f1ff2f5a01e58d572d.png

• Like 7

• 1 month later...
On 16/08/2022 at 12:39, mudmagnet said:

Review in September edition of Railway Modeller. 

20220816_173635.jpg

I have recently received some of these and I must say that they are excellent.

Wondering if they need any special preparation before painting?

Cheers

Chris

• RMweb Gold
21 hours ago, mvrnut said:

I have recently received some of these and I must say that they are excellent.

Wondering if they need any special preparation before painting?

Cheers

Chris

Many thanks Chris.

I would normally apply a couple of thin coats of acrylic paint to build up the colour depth.

• Thanks 1
  • Informative/Useful 1

• 2 months later...
  • 1 month later...
  • RMweb Gold

I've been a bit quiet recently with new product development, but have finished a few new products now added to my sales page.

First up are some GWR platform barrows, two types and secondly the first set of luggage - with more to be added later. These are currently only in 4mm scale / 00 but will be available in 7mm scale / 0 gauge soon. As usual supplied unpainted, but I have painted these parts using Games Workshop / Warhammer paints.

20230305_175416.jpg

20230305_175428.jpg

20230305_175541.jpg

• Like 16
  • Craftsmanship/clever 1
  • Round of applause 1

• RMweb Gold

Looking forward to seeing rhe eange at SWAG, Richard. Do you have the Hornby 08 air tanks in stock ? 

Rob

• RMweb Gold
15 hours ago, NHY 581 said:

Looking forward to seeing rhe eange at SWAG, Richard. Do you have the Hornby 08 air tanks in stock ? 

Rob

Thanks Rob,

I tend to keep a stock of most items at all times, but easy enough to print anything that I don't have in stock.

• 2 weeks later...
  • RMweb Premium
On 29/12/2021 at 21:10, mudmagnet said:

Coming soon are 4mm scale LSWR station seats and various barrows. The seats will also be available in 7mm scale. These are pre-production items and likely that the production batches will be grey resin.

The wall thickness on the parcel barrows is rather thin (around 0.3mm) and looks almost transparent in these photos.

There is still a little cleaning up required on these as well. 

20211224_164330.jpg

20211229_170241.jpg

20211229_170639.jpg

20211229_170732.jpg

20211229_170824.jpg

20211229_170911.jpg

20211229_171003.jpg

20211229_171048.jpg

20211224_164459.jpg

Got some of these last year at Stafford show, excellent match to photos of the real thing. Highly recommended.

• Thanks 1

Lots of lovely and some unusual items here, I must keep an eye on your offerings!

I see you are producing replacement air tanks and steps for the Class 08 - have you considered a 4mm Class 03 'flowerpot' exhaust? Reason I ask is because Bachmann appear to have a fixation on the 35 members of the Class with conical chimneys (D2000-32, D2370/71 ex-Departmental 91/92). There were 195 which didn't (although 03129/62 joined the conicals later). So there's a lot of the minority conical 03 models out there - both the earlier and later models - which can't easily be renumbered to the majority flowerpot type - including plain green livery, not so far produced by Bachmann with flowerpot. I have one with a filed-down pannier tank chimney which doesn't look quite right, and another up for disposal with conical exhaust which I wouldn't mind hanging on to if I could find a flowerpot for it! I rest my case M'Lud!🙂

• Like 2
  • Agree 1

• RMweb Gold
6 hours ago, Halvarras said:

Lots of lovely and some unusual items here, I must keep an eye on your offerings!

I see you are producing replacement air tanks and steps for the Class 08 - have you considered a 4mm Class 03 'flowerpot' exhaust? Reason I ask is because Bachmann appear to have a fixation on the 35 members of the Class with conical chimneys (D2000-32, D2370/71 ex-Departmental 91/92). There were 195 which didn't (although 03129/62 joined the conicals later). So there's a lot of the minority conical 03 models out there - both the earlier and later models - which can't easily be renumbered to the majority flowerpot type - including plain green livery, not so far produced by Bachmann with flowerpot. I have one with a filed-down pannier tank chimney which doesn't look quite right, and another up for disposal with conical exhaust which I wouldn't mind hanging on to if I could find a flowerpot for it! I rest my case M'Lud!🙂

Good call but don't forget the variations to the air horns fitted as well. Some had two as per those fitted to Bachmann's conical exhaust examples.  Most of the flowerpot jobs had one though some had two. 

As ever, a photo is essential. 

Rob

Edited by NHY 581
  • Like 2