Llanyblod - the end of steam in Wales

JustinDean

• RMweb Gold
16 hours ago, JustinDean said:

11A4E37B-37FA-45F6-AE96-AA5E8B6C5302.jpeg.78f4422f00f32822b1863cd9dcdaf298.jpeg

That really looks the part, one of the nicest Airfix body upgrades I've seen.

I've always been unhappy about the lack of a properly defined seal between the Airfix (and Hornby) smokebox door and the smokebox door ring (I'm equally unhappy about the fidelity of the replacement smokebox door on the former Mainly Trains upgrade kit), but it doesn't seem to jump out at me in your model. 😃 👍

• Like 1
  • Agree 2
  • Thanks 1

• RMweb Gold
48 minutes ago, Captain Kernow said:

That really looks the part, one of the nicest Airfix body upgrades I've seen.

I've always been unhappy about the lack of a properly defined seal between the Airfix (and Hornby) smokebox door and the smokebox door ring (I'm equally unhappy about the fidelity of the replacement smokebox door on the former Mainly Trains upgrade kit), but it doesn't seem to jump out at me in your model. 😃 👍

Thankyou! Messing with locos is new territory for me but I’m really enjoying it and the comments are encouraging. 

Maybe the addition of new darts, number plate and shed plate is enough of a distraction from the smoke box shortfalls here. 

I know I could have gone further with the model but this was an exercise in keeping it cheap. Essential when Middleton Top keeps emptying my wallet. 

Jay

• Like 3

• 3 months later...
  • RMweb Gold

Ay up! Been a while since Llanyblod has been out of the box. My main focus is currently on getting Middleton Top finished, however this evening I’ve had a tinker with this layout with a view to expanding the area of dead ferns. 
To achieve this I have glued down a bed of coco peat for fibrous brown ground cover followed by planting fern plants by both Noch and ScaleModelScenery. 
Here how it looks:

478EA13D-7CA1-4C90-A148-FF0E386991C2.jpeg

• Like 8