New deltic

47606odin

I suspect it will be like the class 40 centre headcode version; same model essentially, but with some features updated such as plated cab quarterlights and sand filler hatches. Having said that, if the photo mock up isn't the final body shape to be used, then it may be all new, but the photo that's been posted in various places looks identical to the existing body shape in terms of major 'shape'. 

• Thanks 1

• 1 year later...
On 08/12/2021 at 20:38, philiprporter said:

I suspect it will be like the class 40 centre headcode version; same model essentially, but with some features updated such as plated cab quarterlights and sand filler hatches. Having said that, if the photo mock up isn't the final body shape to be used, then it may be all new, but the photo that's been posted in various places looks identical to the existing body shape in terms of major 'shape'. 

On Facebook I received a reply saying they have improved the shape of the nose and changed the tumblehome, however they didn’t respond to when these might be appearing

• Informative/Useful 1

• 1 month later...

Just saw the latest images - the newly plated headcode boxes are done very badly - do they not look at the prototype?

BR arrows too big on the white window ones

Cab windows the wrong colour on 55002

Edited by deltic17

On 07/12/2021 at 13:25, 47606odin said:

Is the new deltic any more accurate that the old deltic seeing as there were lots of minor issues previously.

I could be interested in D9000 with a headlight if it’s right

I saw the locos today on the Heljan Stand and was chatting with Ben about it, The Deltic body is completely retooled and does look better with less bulbous nose and tumblehome. Also the gap between the bogie and body looks good, certainly I would be tempted with 55022 which has the glass rather than plated headcode.

5 hours ago, 37114 said:

I saw the locos today on the Heljan Stand and was chatting with Ben about it, The Deltic body is completely retooled and does look better with less bulbous nose and tumblehome. Also the gap between the bogie and body looks good, certainly I would be tempted with 55022 which has the glass rather than plated headcode.

that’s good. I’ve pre ordered D9000 as I had it on the Ramsgate so glass headcode panel. I also saw it in Selhurst lift shop when it was in around the end of 87 early 88 whenever it was. I was a first year apprentice in the training school at the time, and it was the first Deltic I ever saw. Got some photos of it too

3 hours ago, 37114 said:

2 photos from earlier, they look really good to me.

20230326_093900.jpg.f603c23bf7e2ea8a141d202b0ac18b52.jpg

20230326_093942.jpg.a8027e5cef351908d3a5814d25ab392a.jpg

Personally I would paint the marker light grommets black which would look better.

they really should do better plated over headcodes as they look bad

it would be interesting to see one side by side with an original model, but that nose does look a lot better

• Like 1

• 8 months later...

The D9000 model is nice but the application of the yellow panel has missed the dark green band across the base, making the front end look decidedly wrong. Perhaps Heljan could look to issue a green line decal to fix this, it's going to be a difficult thing to paint. 

Screenshot_20231220_212244_Chrome.jpg

Screenshot_20231222_130537_Facebook.jpg

Edited by D9016
Added image

• RMweb Premium
On 23/03/2023 at 21:07, deltic17 said:

Just saw the latest images - the newly plated headcode boxes are done very badly - do they not look at the prototype?

BR arrows too big on the white window ones

Cab windows the wrong colour on 55002

I assume you mean the cab window area should be a greenish shade (which I always questioned when the prototype appeared in its ‘preservation’ livery.)

58 minutes ago, D9016 said:

The D9000 model is nice but the application of the yellow panel has missed the dark green band across the base, making the front end look decidedly wrong. Perhaps Heljan could look to issue a green line decal to fix this, it's going to be a difficult thing to paint. 

Screenshot_20231220_212244_Chrome.jpg

Screenshot_20231222_130537_Facebook.jpg

The yellow panel shape is poor along its top edge and corners too. 

And........old red/white OHLE flashes??

• 2 weeks later...
  • 5 weeks later...

I was intending resisting the new batch of Deltics but having seen images of them succumbed. I’ve corrected the eth cables on 55022 & painted them black. As regards 55015 I’ve blinged this up & added Railtec 3D Rainhill plaques to the headcode panels. Both models have been further enhanced with Protoneo self adhesive etched nameplates which match exactly the size of the factory applied nameplates. Would be great if somebody was to produce Deltic Farewell headboards in 0 ! 

IMG_3041.jpeg

IMG_3050.jpeg

IMG_3046.jpeg

IMG_3030.jpeg

• Like 3

6 hours ago, DLIBOD17 said:

I was intending resisting the new batch of Deltics but having seen images of them succumbed. I’ve corrected the eth cables on 55022 & painted them black. As regards 55015 I’ve blinged this up & added Railtec 3D Rainhill plaques to the headcode panels. Both models have been further enhanced with Protoneo self adhesive etched nameplates which match exactly the size of the factory applied nameplates. Would be great if somebody was to produce Deltic Farewell headboards in 0 ! 

IMG_3041.jpeg

IMG_3050.jpeg

IMG_3046.jpeg

IMG_3030.jpeg

Looks nice! I was tempted by 55022 when one came up on ebay recently.

Is anyone able to advise if the cantrail silver grilles are separately fitted or part of the body moulding please? If I bought one, I would want to back date it without the bling...

Edited by 37114
Typo

• 4 weeks later...
On 06/02/2024 at 20:44, DLIBOD17 said:

Dear 37114,

Looking at the grilles I’d say the radiator grilles are separate items. They fit very tightly but I reckon they’re not part of the main body moulding.

IMG_3146.jpeg

IMG_3147.jpeg

Thanks that is handy to know!

• 1 month later...

To anyone who has bought the updated Deltic, would you say that the overall shape is significantly changed from the original? It's hard to tell from photos, but I read that Heljan had made the nose look less bulbous, but it still looks to be rather too curved? I've got 4 of the originals and have upgraded them in various ways to improve the appearance, but the nose always looks too bulbous to me (unlike the Accurascale OO version which looks spot on) and I didn't want to buy an upgraded Deltic only to find that its essentially the same body shell, just with sand filler hatches removed and cab quarterlights infilled. Many thanks for any info any owners out there can provide. Best wishes, Phil