• RMweb Gold

Who-hoo.

My 2nd WHR Baldwin has just been delivered,  whilst SWMBO was in the shower. Now hidden in the work room out of sight.

Meanwhile, Castell is back from its trip to Statfold and awaiting further detailing and a FY and loop adding.  Need to find the Peco N gauge set track curves.....

• Like 3

• RMweb Gold
On 10/04/2022 at 13:38, N15class said:

I really like your ideas around this. Looks and feels wonderful.

Thanks Peter.

I've probably said this earlier, but I wanted to have a backscene that reflected the enormity of the Welsh castle walls when close up. Hence there being virtually no sky.

The grassed area to the left could have been more lawn-like, and there is not really enough depth overall, but it has mostly achieved what was in my mind prior to starting.

We shall see how well it behaves on Sunday at the SWAG Party.

2 hours ago, Stubby47 said:

Thanks Peter.

I've probably said this earlier, but I wanted to have a backscene that reflected the enormity of the Welsh castle walls when close up. Hence there being virtually no sky.

The grassed area to the left could have been more lawn-like, and there is not really enough depth overall, but it has mostly achieved what was in my mind prior to starting.

We shall see how well it behaves on Sunday at the SWAG Party.

It looks like the river car park side of caernarfon castle. 

0812141_1_7.jpg.ec663b1b7b729ee4f4448a7ecc8d5d08.jpg

• Like 2

• RMweb Premium

Stu, it was great to meet you and have a chat at yesterdays SWAG show and put a name to a face. 

Me and the Mrs spent a wonderful 2 hours or so there looking at all the fantastic layouts on display, including 'Project Castell' of course. Much obliged for sharing your creative techniques and discoveries for this wonderful build.

Mark and (Jill aka the Mrs)

• Thanks 1

• RMweb Gold

Also thought it looked good in reality. I was the one you one spoke to about the LED light strip and illumination levels. I liked the fact it isn’t overly bright in the lighting department.

• Like 1

• RMweb Gold
7 hours ago, john new said:

Also thought it looked good in reality. I was the one you one spoke to about the LED light strip and illumination levels. I liked the fact it isn’t overly bright in the lighting department.

Thanks John, it was good to have another person's perspective on the lighting.

• Thanks 1

• 1 year later...
  • RMweb Gold

I will be bringing Castell to SWAG again this year, but it will be fully operational as a roundy-roundy.

Hopefully it will also have much more detailing and possibly a couple of new buildings. 

I might even add some people.

• Like 4

• 2 weeks later...
  • RMweb Gold

Er, update on the last update - apparently I've over-stepped the brief and tried to grab more space than is available,  so Castell will not be making a visit, although it will be at the Helston Club's show in Pool ( not Poole) on 13/14 April.

• Friendly/supportive 2

• RMweb Premium
On 21/03/2024 at 08:19, Stubby47 said:

Er, update on the last update - apparently I've over-stepped the brief and tried to grab more space than is available,  so Castell will not be making a visit, although it will be at the Helston Club's show in Pool ( not Poole) on 13/14 April.

Liberties!

• RMweb Premium
1 hour ago, Stubby47 said:

Well, I tried to grab your vacated space, but El Flooro was having none of it.

Just mention mint sauce, that generally sorts him out.

• Funny 5