The non-railway and non-modelling social zone. Please ensure forum rules are adhered to in this area too!

Formula 1 2022

didcot

20 hours ago, Andrew P said:

Energy and chemicals giant Aramco?, ah!, an oil company.

• Like 2

36 minutes ago, LNERandBR said:

Well I suppose it can't be worse than last years so it pays to be First at something :D

Yes, let us be optimistic.

Edited by rocor
  • Funny 1

• RMweb Gold

Not sure I will ever get to Spa again - a circuit which begs you to walk around it, so good are the views in so many places. Obviously Spa needs bikes to make money, but I feel it is being made less challenging for cars. 

But then those who recall the old Spa, miles longer on public roads, would say the present version is already far too soft.

• Like 1
  • Interesting/Thought-provoking 2

I don't think the changes at Spa are that bad really. At least they are using Gravel run off areas instead of wide areas of tarmac. It looks like any changes to the actual circuit aren't going to affect cars too so surely more run off is a good thing.

• Agree 3

Williams announce launch date for 2022 FW44 challenger.

Nice to see it still carrying Frank's initials.:good:

https://www.formula1.com/en/latest/article.williams-announce-launch-date-for-2022-fw44-challenger.3IAXw0tBmrCLWdhTMftPUP.html?fbclid=IwAR1uJ6ANfer7KHzdPOnQwOesQ4InGR7sVf4_ZiGwqpMGkPwQ96J3bMxuikw

Edited by Andrew P
  • Like 1
  • Agree 1

• RMweb Gold
39 minutes ago, didcot said:

Norris extends Mclaren deal

A no-brainer for both parties. He was already contracted for this year, when we may - may - see a revised pecking order due to new regs, but really he has been a first-rate signing. And as I said previously, when Danny Ric was rather left in his shadow last year, his true class became even clearer. Three really talented Brits in (expected to be) competitive cars this year - when could we last say that?

• Like 1
  • Agree 4

20 hours ago, Andrew P said:

F1 doesn't do politics is what they state, that's because F1 deals with some countries that represent political difficulties to much of the rest of the world - Gulf states, Russia, China, Azerbaijan and even Brazil.  They don't want drivers doing political stunts as it is embarassing to their hosts, like taking the knee, it will be interesting to see if Seb is allowed his rainbow helmets this season.

• Like 2
  • Agree 3