Users will currently see a stripped down version of the site until an advertising issue is fixed. If you are seeing any suspect adverts please go to the bottom of the page and click on Themes and select IPS Default. ×
RMweb

Building another O gauge micro layout and weathering stock

Nick G

More work recently transforming the HAA which has become an EWS heavily weathered HMA. Not finished it needs a coat of matt varnish to seal the transfers then another coat of weathering to blend it all in.

IMG_5772.jpg

IMG_5789.jpg

IMG_5792.jpg

IMG_5821.jpg

IMG_5822.jpg

436393153_822200519952692_1848751494066219671_n.jpg

• Like 11

Wow! That looks terrific, even if it is unfinished Nick!

You make it look so easy... which I am sure it isn't...

I shall be analyzing all your posts when I get to the weathering stage, on mine and build up the confidence to 'have a go'.

Steve

Edited by 7mmin7foot
  • Like 1

The next 2007 era HAA is in the early stages of weathering and fading. This will be HAA 350145 with faded yellow cradle, before work started and current progress pictured.

IMG_5834.jpg

IMG_5838.jpg

• Like 6

Another Dapol HAA almost finished. This time a faded filthy ex trainload coal version (yellow cradle). I quite like the yellow cradle versions and have another two to do. As usual transfers by Railtec Transfers which I have chopped up some of the number panels and fitted individual numbers to get the correct number for the wagon I was copying. Before and after photos...

IMG_5834.jpg

IMG_5874.jpg

• Like 10
  • Craftsmanship/clever 3

Hope I am not boring you all with these HAA/HMA photos? Anyway here is another yellow cradle ex trainload coal version I have finished. Its a HMA with plenty of patches copied from a prototype photo and numbered correctly.

HMA-21-4-24.jpg

• Like 12

53 minutes ago, brossard said:

OK, I'll ask.  Where is this layout Nick, and how many HAA's do you really need?

The answers to those two questions are as follows, not sure and not sure!

I guess I just like weathering HAA's...

• Friendly/supportive 1

2 hours ago, Nick G said:

The answers to those two questions are as follows, not sure and not sure!

I guess I just like weathering HAA's...

I sort of figured out the second point.  I'm watching...

John

• 2 weeks later...

Another HAA with yellow cradle almost finished. Again copied from a photo of the prototype and numbered correctly still has it's AYR branding but with the remmnants of it's Barry branding still in place but painted out. Some graffiti tags in evidence too. As usual transfers from Railtec Transfers.

IMG_5962.jpg

• Like 13
  • Craftsmanship/clever 4