RMweb

Things that irritate me ... in one sentence only.

spikey

• RMweb Premium

Any song which features voices “treated” with that bloody awful auto tune, it’s about as tuneful as a dentist’s drill!

• Agree 5

Passengers who ask if this train is going to so and so even with a giant destination board, scrolling displays inside and out, an automated p.a. address and the station announcements. :diablo_mini:

• Like 1
  • Funny 3

• RMweb Gold
On 13/03/2022 at 23:11, JeremyC said:

People being interviewed who start every answer with Absolutely.

Talking to people who end every sentence with the word “right”.

Or starts most of their sentences with - Yes, I know that. When they quite clearly didn`t.

• Agree 1

• RMweb Premium

And in the same vein - producers of crisp-style snacks (pop chips, etc) where the serving size is not in a sensible relationship with the packet size (23gm, 85gm) - why can't they just make them 21+84 ?

Note that for grain products (pasta, rice, etc) where a packet can be a standard 500gm or even 250gm I don't have a problem with recommended sizes suce as 70gm or 75gm, it's easy enough to scale up to the 83gm I would typically use. And with digital scales, weighing such amounts to the nearest gram is possible.

2 hours ago, 40152 said:

The assumption that, as a bloke, you know all about football and want to talk about it in any social situation.

Pretty much a generic irritant, just substitute (any sport) for football!  :whistle:

• Like 3
  • Agree 1

• RMweb Premium
12 hours ago, zarniwhoop said:

Note that for grain products (pasta, rice, etc) where a packet can be a standard 500gm or even 250gm I don't have a problem with recommended sizes suce as 70gm or 75gm, it's easy enough to scale up to the 83gm I would typically use. And with digital scales, weighing such amounts to the nearest gram is possible.

I go for the "that looks about right" approach rather than bothering to weigh pasta or rice.

• Like 2