The non-railway and non-modelling social zone. Please ensure forum rules are adhered to in this area too!

Things that irritate me ... in one sentence only.

spikey

43 minutes ago, woodenhead said:

Going to an art gallery to see art and being presented with an exhibition on stillbirth that required a trauma recovery corner and another exhibition that involved discarded body parts.

I''m not up to date with these things, but it sounds like the mutant lovechildren of Hirst and Emin...

• Like 3

• RMweb Gold

My own grumpiness and obsessions with poor grammar and use of language, grocers’ apostrophes, Oxford commas and such; this includes my persistent inability to construct sentences without the use of semicolons. 

• Like 1
  • Round of applause 1
  • Funny 1
  • Friendly/supportive 3

17 minutes ago, jcredfer said:

I agree, but apparently it's a matter of opinion.....

If a great, big "mural" appears on the side of your house overnight, I will have an opinion alright. 

2 hours ago, 33C said:

Graffiti is not art!

My reply was about graffiti...

1 hour ago, jcredfer said:

I agree, but apparently it's a matter of opinion.....

I wasn't referring to Murals...

1 hour ago, 33C said:

If a great, big "mural" appears on the side of your house overnight, I will have an opinion alright. 

...   but since you mention them, the same principle applies, even if it is my house.  I might well quite like it if a witty Banksy adorned my house, in the morning.  Whether you might like it, rule No. 1 applies and you are just as free as the rest of us to have an opinion.

6 minutes ago, jcredfer said:

My reply was about graffiti...

I wasn't referring to Murals...

...   but since you mention them, the same principle applies, even if it is my house.  I might well quite like it if a witty Banksy adorned my house, in the morning.  Whether you might like it, rule No. 1 applies and you are just as free as the rest of us to have an opinion.

Sorry, i meant MY house, and if you take a walk around Shoreditch for example, and see EVERY wall, shutter and van adorned in paint and scrawl, it sends out signals that there ain't no feds round here! Some talent is on display i grant you but, do it on your own property. I've dealt with this before and prevented certain death to some. But it seems to be a disease that attracts individuals to take bigger and bigger risks and for what? The only "reward" seems to be to get one up on their peers. It is like the broken window analogy, leave it and you get more, and more and worse. The thin end......:paint:

• Agree 2

50 minutes ago, 33C said:

Sorry, i meant MY house, and if you take a walk around Shoreditch for example, and see EVERY wall, shutter and van adorned in paint and scrawl, it sends out signals that there ain't no feds round here! Some talent is on display i grant you but, do it on your own property. I've dealt with this before and prevented certain death to some. But it seems to be a disease that attracts individuals to take bigger and bigger risks and for what? The only "reward" seems to be to get one up on their peers. It is like the broken window analogy, leave it and you get more, and more and worse. The thin end......:paint:

Definitely agree with all of that, particularly the "thin end" comment.

• Thanks 1

• RMweb Gold

Motorists who park their cars on pavements and especially on grass verges where they leave deep tyre marks; tell you what, since you're invading my pedestrian space, I'll wander around and leave my shopping cart in the road, shall I?

Edited by The Johnster
  • Like 4