The non-railway and non-modelling social zone. Please ensure forum rules are adhered to in this area too!

Things that irritate me ... in one sentence only.

spikey

• RMweb Gold

The concept that music that is particularly popular is particularly and of necessity of good quality just because a lot of people like it (I am of course fully aware that quality is a subjective matter in this case).

• Like 1
  • Agree 3

1 hour ago, jcredfer said:

PE Teachers, Coaches, Rehabilitation Medics and Athletes, perhaps some others may wonder why.....

That is "workwear/uniform" for them.

11 hours ago, Steamport Southport said:

Yep, but written as one sentence, I got as far as two pages before I gave up, didn't bother with the other 1000 odd pages....

Oh, that one!

Edited by Hroth
Emphasis...

The tendency of late middle aged and older blokes to fixate upon, and get needlessly irritated by, trivial things like the poor use of English, when their grumpiness could be better deployed upon genuinely important matters like the many persistent injustices in the world, or mitigated by focusing instead on the positive aspects of life, which they appear wilfully blind to.

• Like 5
  • Agree 5
  • Round of applause 8
  • Friendly/supportive 1

8 minutes ago, Nearholmer said:

The tendency of late middle aged and older blokes to fixate upon, and get needlessly irritated by, trivial things like the poor use of English, when their grumpiness could be better deployed upon genuinely important matters like the many persistent injustices in the world, or mitigated by focusing instead on the positive aspects of life, which they appear wilfully blind to.

Ok

So, people who use "train station" and call locomotives "trains"...

Managed to address several previously enunciated gripes there!!!

• Like 5
  • Agree 4