LNER Dynamometer car - run 2!

rapidoandy

6 hours ago, OliverBytham said:

Well that was a very pleasant surprise this morning, apart from a very confused exchange with the postman, insisting it couldn't be a package for me as I'd adamantly not ordered anything recently!

Thanks very much indeed Rapido. Hope the sponge tiling for the lorry unloading bay floor is coming along nicely...

This was my thought when I got home this evening. Walked in to see a package on the table, cogs started whirring, then i saw the Rapido label on the front! One thing I have noticed when placing it on powered track, is that the lights illuminate immediately. I can only assume that the reed switch resets to default after each use, resulting in the lights being on when placed on track and, obviously, turn off when removed. The wand still does it's job though.

Nathan...

3 hours ago, D3489gibson said:

This was my thought when I got home this evening. Walked in to see a package on the table, cogs started whirring, then i saw the Rapido label on the front! One thing I have noticed when placing it on powered track, is that the lights illuminate immediately. I can only assume that the reed switch resets to default after each use, resulting in the lights being on when placed on track and, obviously, turn off when removed. The wand still does it's job though.

Nathan...

I think mine is behaving the same, however as I'm on DC, the lighting returns to on every time the power is turned to zero. Is this how it's supposed to work?

There is also a quiet buzzing noise when the lights are on. 

Mine returned yesterday as well. Very professionally handled I think. They have even refitted a bit that fell off one of the bogies when I originally opened the model which I had taped to the plastic tray so it didn't get lost!

Like a couple of others, noticed when testing if I turn the lights off with the wand and then remove track power and reapply it the circuit resets and the lights turn on again. 

For overseas customers Rapido are proposing a DIY kit including a nifty little tool for getting inside your model for replacing the lighting bar. This seems preferable to posting the model back to the UK with all of the risks that involves.

• Agree 1
  • Informative/Useful 1

3 hours ago, Bucoops said:

Well my cameras tell me something was just delivered - however, I've not had a "what the heck have you bought now" confirmation call so...

Unfortunately we don't help in this regard - our direct customers receive parcels wrapped in Rapido Trains UK tape! :-)

Andy

• Funny 3

6 minutes ago, rapidoandy said:

Unfortunately we don't help in this regard - our direct customers receive parcels wrapped in Rapido Trains UK tape! :-)

Andy

Have to confess that, on seeing the tape, I did have a "But I haven't ordered anything!" moment...until I actually got into the box! A very welcome surprise!

• Like 1

• RMweb Gold
5 hours ago, Bucoops said:

Well my cameras tell me something was just delivered - however, I've not had a "what the heck have you bought now" confirmation call so...

Alas it was just some wheels. Very useful wheels mind.

• RMweb Gold
On 11/01/2023 at 16:28, rapidoandy said:

Andy

Maybe you should stock various tape reels so people can click on a box to decide level of anonymity or impressing the posty & neighbours?

O Clear

O Anonymity plain brown 

O Rapido Trains

O John Lewis 

O NASA

O By Royal Appointment 

;) 

• Like 1
  • Funny 2

• RMweb Gold
1 hour ago, PaulRhB said:

Maybe you should stock various tape reels so people can click on a box to decide level of anonymity or impressing the posty & neighbours?

O Clear

O Anonymity plain brown 

O Rapido Trains

O John Lewis 

O NASA

O By Royal Appointment 

;) 

You missed Biohazard. 

Mine is due to be delivered tomorrow :D

• Like 1