Trewithen, BR/WR BLT.

Andrew P

Video 8 was enjoyed via the luxury of the big screen tv last night whilst consuming my evening meal ahead of a night in the pub. The joys of having the house to myself for an evening! I have to say I thoroughly enjoyed the video and the scenics are progressing very well. I also liked the masking tape and PVA approach and may adopt it in the future should my current modelling block ever subside.

I share your views on missing the sound Andy and the blue sound fitted diesels certainly add that extra effect that is missing from the silent steamers. I know you are not a fan of sound fitted steam in OO gauge Andy, although I quite like the ones that I have. Then again, steam is my preference anyway.

Looking forward to video 9. It may just be the perfect accompaniment to the first coffee of the day in the shop on Sunday.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1
  • Friendly/supportive 1

2 hours ago, andyram said:

Video 8 was enjoyed via the luxury of the big screen tv last night whilst consuming my evening meal ahead of a night in the pub. The joys of having the house to myself for an evening! I have to say I thoroughly enjoyed the video and the scenics are progressing very well. I also liked the masking tape and PVA approach and may adopt it in the future should my current modelling block ever subside.

I share your views on missing the sound Andy and the blue sound fitted diesels certainly add that extra effect that is missing from the silent steamers. I know you are not a fan of sound fitted steam in OO gauge Andy, although I quite like the ones that I have. Then again, steam is my preference anyway.

Looking forward to video 9. It may just be the perfect accompaniment to the first coffee of the day in the shop on Sunday.

Thanks Andy, Glad you enjoyed it mate, and I have PLANS IN PLACE (other than the other project) to restore Sound to this Layout.🤪.

• Like 2

• RMweb Premium
On 20/05/2022 at 11:11, Bogie said:

Liked the Benny Hillisque painting - just missing music though.   You of all people should work on that.

Nothing to do with Benny Hill. That’s the speed Andy normally works. He forgot to go at the speed us mere mortals work - or would like to work at. 

• Funny 2

11 minutes ago, Dragonboy said:

Nothing to do with Benny Hill. That’s the speed Andy normally works. He forgot to go at the speed us mere mortals work - or would like to work at. 

Only after a coffee and cake.😊

• Like 1

3 hours ago, Temeraire said:

Morning Andy

All coming together well, time to put the For Sale board up soon!😉

The recycled ballast looks pretty good as rocky bits as well.

Thanks Ian, No, its STAYING but all will be revealed very soon, I'll explain at Brockenhurst. 🤓

• Like 1

3 hours ago, Dragonboy said:

Just watched todays video and I think the embankment faces using the recycled ballast work really well

Brian

Cheers Brian, I have to admit, it has really surprised me, I was expecting to have to go over it with more Masking Tape and start again. 

Cheers for your feedback.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, shedman said:

That looks absolutely great, Andy. Well done!   Enjoyed all the videos so far. Trevor

Thanks Trevor, and your feedback is important and really appreciated. Cheers. 👍.

• Like 1

Nice photos Andy. Things are progressing well. I am glad to hear that no For Sale board is likely anytime soon. Having said that, in the world of Andy Peters Model Railways, that could mean only another two weeks!

I have noted the new video has arrived. Not had chance to watch it yet. I may save it until tomorrow morning when sat at home with my post school run coffee.

• Like 2

• RMweb Gold

Great video Andy  gives a lot of encouragement on the scenic work. Good tips like holding the spray far enough away so it doesnt move the ballast.

Thanks for the shout. Marions comment 'Are you telling people how to do things? He's built more layouts than you'

rather puts me in my place.

Don

• Like 1
  • Friendly/supportive 1

2 hours ago, andyram said:

Nice photos Andy. Things are progressing well. I am glad to hear that no For Sale board is likely anytime soon. Having said that, in the world of Andy Peters Model Railways, that could mean only another two weeks!

I have noted the new video has arrived. Not had chance to watch it yet. I may save it until tomorrow morning when sat at home with my post school run coffee.

Cheers Andy, Thanks yes two weeks is a long time in Politics, and even longer in my world. 😁

• Funny 2

52 minutes ago, Donw said:

Great video Andy  gives a lot of encouragement on the scenic work. Good tips like holding the spray far enough away so it doesnt move the ballast.

Thanks for the shout. Marions comment 'Are you telling people how to do things? He's built more layouts than you'

rather puts me in my place.

Don

Tell you good lady that I always take advice, my wife is ALWAYS telling me what to do.😮😊🤣

• Like 2
  • Funny 1

25 minutes ago, David Bell said:

That's all looking brilliant Andy. Well done!

Cheers

David

Cheers David, very pleased so far, and a lot better than I expected. 👍

• Like 1

• RMweb Gold

Hi Andy,

Yet to watch the latest video, but the latest photos on here are looking good. Amazing to think you've gone from nothing to this in less than eight weeks.  I am struggling to find eight minutes to get my ba*kside in gear and do something at the moment!  Always enjoy your hints and tips and sometime (I promise) I'll make use of them!

Rich

• Thanks 1
  • Friendly/supportive 1

I’m very impressed with the layout & progress as well as the videos - it’s really coming to life

I noticed you have it used kadee, but didn’t see you place magnets or create recesses for them under the track.

Are they below the baseboard? What have you used & where did it go?

I’ve been considering DG couplings sure to the delayed shunting action & the use of simple magnets under the board is quite attractive but they are quite fiddly to make & I worry about reliability (the little latches particularly).

Please  could you explain your approach?

Simon

• Thanks 1

2 minutes ago, MarshLane said:

Hi Andy,

Yet to watch the latest video, but the latest photos on here are looking good. Amazing to think you've gone from nothing to this in less than eight weeks.  I am struggling to find eight minutes to get my ba*kside in gear and do something at the moment!  Always enjoy your hints and tips and sometime (I promise) I'll make use of them!

Rich

Cheers for your positive comments Rich, I hope you do enjoy the Video once you have time to watch it mate.

Thanks again.

• Thanks 1

3 minutes ago, SimonDCC said:

I’m very impressed with the layout & progress as well as the videos - it’s really coming to life

I noticed you have it used kadee, but didn’t see you place magnets or create recesses for them under the track.

Are they below the baseboard? What have you used & where did it go?

I’ve been considering DG couplings sure to the delayed shunting action & the use of simple magnets under the board is quite attractive but they are quite fiddly to make & I worry about reliability (the little latches particularly).

Please  could you explain your approach?

Simon

Hi Simon, There are Magnets set into the cork, so below the Sleeper level, see below. Home made from Ex Works badges, but you you can buy the Magnets on E-Bay for pennies.

IMG_7777.JPG.5dc8a19456230e7c7aa647ad871f2fa5.JPG

I REMOVED THE ROUND MAGNETS FROM THE BAR.

IMG_7781.JPG.a77f020e900576df3bceb6c7c5384058.JPG

IMG_7780.JPG.e2eb48e1cbf3ff979bd1d5b61d1a6ed9.JPG

• Like 2
  • Informative/Useful 1