Trewithen, BR/WR BLT.

Andrew P

2 minutes ago, Winslow Boy said:

Carry on like this Mr P and I'll be moving to Trewithen. Just got to go two hundred odd miles to the south and sixty odd years into the past. I'll be their by Friday, just got to do my chores first.

Yes a moment in time we will never get back. Thanks.

Just had a look and realised that the "Trewithen" Thread has been going now for just 47 days, so the actual build probably started about 60 or so days ago, so progress has been quite good.

Now people must think I spend 23.5 hours a day 8 Days a week, out in the POD, the reality is that I generally go out there about 5 days a week, normally from about 9-30 to 1-30, with a break indoors with the Good lady for 11's. 

I sometimes come back out of an afternoon, but not more than 2 or 3 times a week.

What you see in the Videos is generally a few days behind the real time build, which is why, like today, you have seen the hillside, that will be in next Fridays Video.

Another new project has been started, but more of that later, and it WONT EFFECT Trewithen.

Thanks for watching and your comments and input is vital to keep me on the strait and narrow.

Cheers one and all.

• Like 7

• RMweb Premium
34 minutes ago, Bogie said:

"Another new project has been started"

How many times have we heard that now?!

Only once today, so far 😄

• Like 1
  • Funny 6

1 hour ago, Bogie said:

"Another new project has been started"

How many times have we heard that now?!

55 minutes ago, Ray H said:

Only once today, so far 😄

10 minutes ago, 5BarVT said:

Yet!

Paul. 

Seriously Guys, its only a 7ft x 1ft Depot with 3 Points that is being built to sell on I hope. 😮 

Just a coffee break side line. 😃  👍

• Like 3
  • Friendly/supportive 3

3 hours ago, pwr said:

Looking goos Andy - feels like Cornwall

Paul R

Thanks Paul, I can almost smell the fish on the Quayside, and a nice Pasty later, followed by a Cream Tea.🤪

• Like 3

Hi Andy . I am another one finding the Videos useful , especially the tip about cleaning the paint off the track with a piece of wood as I am just about to embark on that exercise myself. 

Whoever wrote the music and played guitars on the backing track did a pretty good job as well 😄

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

3 minutes ago, jazzer said:

Hi Andy . I am another one finding the Videos useful , especially the tip about cleaning the paint off the track with a piece of wood as I am just about to embark on that exercise myself. 

Whoever wrote the music and played guitars on the backing track did a pretty good job as well 😄

Cheers Jazzer, on both counts, if you watch the Video to THE END, you may notice that I wrote and played Jacknife, I used three Guitar overlays and then added the Bass to a Drum Track I laid down from my Keyboard.😃

• Like 1
  • Craftsmanship/clever 4

1 minute ago, Temeraire said:

Evening Andy

All coming along nicely as usual, have you thought about making the cutting to the tunnel a rock face just to break up the green?

Hi Ian, I like that idea, I did have a whole load of Slate at one time that I made a rock face from on my O Gauge Pen Y Bont, so I'll need to source some pics of Cornish Rock Faces.

1814276056_Cutting1001.JPG.b3f501006ea8a92e785ac06ea406fa4d.JPG

• Like 6

9 minutes ago, andyram said:

Great to see the latest progress. The cutting looks great already. As I have already said, another masterpiece is in the making.

Cheers Andy, Ian has suggested a Rock Cutting so I'm just trying to find some decent pics of rock faces to Tunnels in Cornwall.

• Like 3

• RMweb Gold
3 hours ago, jazzer said:

Dont tell him that @Jazzer it only encourages him!!

Looking good tho Andy - I must say I think the Provender Store looks just right there - not too big, not too small, and seem to suit the scene well.

Rich

Edited by MarshLane
  • Like 1
  • Agree 1
  • Thanks 1
  • Funny 1

8 minutes ago, MarshLane said:

Dont tell him that @Jazzer it only encourages him!!

Looking good tho Andy - I must say I think the Provender Store looks just right there - not too big, not too small, and seem to suit the scene well.

Rich

Cheers Rich, I looked at a few ideas, but that seemed the best option. 

• Like 1
  • Agree 1

9 minutes ago, sjrixon said:

Always good to get the ballast done, feels like a huge milestone. 

Yep, Cheers, I'll be happy once the PVA has gone on and its set, and HOPEFULLY the Points still work will also be a bonus. 😆

• Funny 2