Users will currently see a stripped down version of the site until an advertising issue is fixed. If you are seeing any suspect adverts please go to the bottom of the page and click on Themes and select IPS Default. ×
RMweb

Stafford Railway Circle Exhibition 24h & 25th September 2022 (NEW UPDATE AFTER RMWEB ISSUES)

ELTEL

• RMweb Premium

Left Bingley Hall about a hour ago and one of the most important items the SRC catering equipment has arrived for the supply of tea and coffee for the marking out team. 

Terry 

• Like 2
  • Round of applause 1
  • Funny 1

• RMweb Premium

The advanced team had a busy day on Thursday collecting barriers, both from the Warley clubrooms and our local storage facility nearby.

Other club members about a dozen or so we’re also busy marking out the hall for all the layouts, traders and demonstrators .

The exhibition hub, the tea room that will be used for all the layout operators, traders and members is all set up and running.

So today it’s the big day when it all comes together and layouts and traders start to arrive for the big build.

After two years off because of the pandemic and the move to a much larger venue it has given the team a new challenges.

But so far with all the forward planning and 100% support from the members it is coming together nicely.

It certainly looks like it will be a super exhibition.

It’s sometimes hard to believe that are we able to plan and organise such a big exhibition from the membership and few helpers from Warley 

Well time it’s almost time for breakfast to what will be a long day.

Terry 

On behalf of the Stafford Railway Circle members.9

• Like 6
  • Thanks 1
  • Friendly/supportive 3

Only one sleep to go!

My layout went in the van with the barriers yesterday. I hope it got there alright. I'll be re-united later today to assemble it. Just got to remember to take all the necessary bits and pieces with me. Although I'm exhibiting I'm really looking forward to being able to wander round the show and enjoy the other layouts.

• Like 1

• RMweb Gold
43 minutes ago, 2ManySpams said:

Looking forward to being there all weekend on a demo stand. 

Your dedication is noted, Komrade Spams. 

899bdd7a621b6d6b63846f968ca89fe2.jpg.011d373cd08628b63826d02217120b50.jpg

• Funny 4

• RMweb Gold

My plan to be there on Sunday is still holding up. Sherry will drop me at Crewe station suitably early, I hope. As she used to teach at a skool further down Weston Road I might have hoped for a lift to the door, but she wants a bit of bonding w daughter and grand-daughter - the latter, 9-y-o, will be exhausted after dancing Swan Lake w English Youth Ballet in Stoke twice on Saturday.

Really looking forward to a full-blown exhibition, my first since Railex 2019, although the splendid Taunton RMweb day last Spring was a joy, too. I hope lots of other visitors help make it a success for the organisers, too. 

• Like 7

• RMweb Premium
55 minutes ago, NHY 581 said:

Your dedication is noted, Komrade Spams. 

899bdd7a621b6d6b63846f968ca89fe2.jpg.011d373cd08628b63826d02217120b50.jpg

Actually, the biggest question at the moment, and one I'm sure you can relate to, is what shirts to pack. Do I go for a sensible long-sleeve check shirt (warm, comfortable and easy on the eye) or a full-on tropical, Hawaiian style short-sleeve shirt? 

• Interesting/Thought-provoking 1

• RMweb Premium
12 hours ago, Chris M said:

Only one sleep to go!

My layout went in the van with the barriers yesterday. I hope it got there alright. I'll be re-united later today to assemble it. Just got to remember to take all the necessary bits and pieces with me. Although I'm exhibiting I'm really looking forward to being able to wander round the show and enjoy the other layouts.

It’s sounds like you have put it on a courier?   Yodel, Hermes, maybe?

Andy

• RMweb Premium
11 hours ago, 2ManySpams said:

Actually, the biggest question at the moment, and one I'm sure you can relate to, is what shirts to pack. Do I go for a sensible long-sleeve check shirt (warm, comfortable and easy on the eye) or a full-on tropical, Hawaiian style short-sleeve shirt? 

As I have to sit next to you for a whole weekend, I vote ‘easy on the eye’.  Just saying.  Pleased to learn you will have trousers.  Almost a given, I thought.

Andy

• Informative/Useful 1

• RMweb Premium

There is a cafe in Bingley Hall on the upper level which will be open from about 8.30 I believe.

I was told this afternoon (unconfirmed) that is there a dog show tomorrow in one or more of the halls we have used for our exhibition  in the past .

So maybe the Barn Cafe will be open.

Terry 

• Thanks 1