Stafford Railway Circle Exhibition 24h & 25th September 2022 (NEW UPDATE AFTER RMWEB ISSUES)

ELTEL

• RMweb Premium
58 minutes ago, wagonbasher said:

As I have to sit next to you for a whole weekend, I vote ‘easy on the eye’.  Just saying.  Pleased to learn you will have trousers.  Almost a given, I thought.

Andy

Sitting next to me is optional, you could stand...

• Moderators

I've been up there this afternoon and evening and the selection of layouts is superb. I spent an hour or two photographing Copper Wort for a future article. I would suggest spending 15-30 minutes to really appreciate the exceptional amount of detail.

IMG_3256.JPG

Fork handles!

No snow observed, it's safe to travel.

I was surprised to find OLE equipment within 100 yards of the showground and an old OAA or similar!

1663963571921_IMG_20220923_183545.jpg

IMG_20220923_183612.jpg

• Like 8
  • Interesting/Thought-provoking 1

• Moderators
6 minutes ago, woodenhead said:

HS2 comes early to Stafford 😆

It will run just to the south of the showground alongside the location in the pics, maybe it's the first bit completed. ;)

• RMweb Premium
26 minutes ago, AY Mod said:

It will run just to the south of the showground alongside the location in the pics, maybe it's the first bit completed. ;)

I thought it was set up as training area for the local contractor, not the actual HS2

All set up and raring to go! Looking forward to a whole day playing trains and chatting.

Advance tickets for the  Warley NEC show are going to be available from stand 8 - Dawlish Warren. When tested yesterday the card machine was working so you can pay be card or cash for advance tickets. Checking that the card machine was working cost me a £1 donation to the club but its all in a good cause.

• Like 1

• RMweb Premium
4 minutes ago, Chris M said:

All set up and raring to go! Looking forward to a whole day playing trains and chatting.

Advance tickets for the  Warley NEC show are going to be available from stand 8 - Dawlish Warren. When tested yesterday the card machine was working so you can pay be card or cash for advance tickets. Checking that the card machine was working cost me a £1 donation to the club but its all in a good cause.

What’s that, advanced Warley tickets are £1 ?

Andy

• Round of applause 1

1 hour ago, wagonbasher said:

What’s that, advanced Warley tickets are £1 ?

Andy

Well tickets are only £1 for an accompanied child.

The only way I know of  properly testing a card reader is to take a payment . I used my own card to make a test payment of £1 which means I have donated a whole £1 of my hard earned pension to Warley club. The things I do to help you people. 😉

Edited by Chris M
  • Thanks 1
  • Friendly/supportive 1

• RMweb Premium
12 minutes ago, Chris M said:

Well tickets are only £1 for an accompanied child.

The only way I know of  properly testing a card reader is to take a payment . I used my own card to make a test payment of £1 which means I have donated a whole £1 of my hard earned pension to Warley club. The things I do to help you people. 😉

I was only teasing, see you at the show

Andy

• Funny 1

Went first thing. Sensible thinking to let people in to pay and shelter inside (although not as cold as February) prior to 10 o’clock. 

Lots of room in the new hall which made it a very pleasant experience. Good selection of trade and excellent layouts of all sizes, gauges and eras. 

Thanks to everyone involved.

Phil

• Agree 2
  • Thanks 1

• RMweb Gold
41 minutes ago, Nick G said:

Enjoyable day at Stafford, love the 'new venue', very spacious.

IMG_0674.jpg

Great pic … and I can spot myself having a good chat with Mr AY Mod! 😉

Agree as well … enjoyed the show and the new venue; very spacious. Probably the first exhibition I’ve been to where I’ve been able to view and enjoy every layout and trade stand comfortably and at a leisurely pace. Credit and thanks to all those that have put in the hard work to make it happen … hope this weekend is a success for the club and look forward to visiting next year.

• Like 3
  • Agree 2
  • Thanks 1