Greyscroft Mine - Cleveland Ironstone in 1955. EM gauge.

Worsdell forever

They should be on 16'6" long, 9' wheelbase underframes. I suspect, given they're the old Mainline ones, that the underframe scales out at 17'6". Aren't Bachmann supposed to be bringing out an upgraded model?

I hope so, I feel the solid "floor" spoils these models for me.I still have an unmade Ratio one, not totally correct but it does look better.....

• RMweb Gold

They should be on 16'6" long, 9' wheelbase underframes. I suspect, given they're the old Mainline ones, that the underframe scales out at 17'6". Aren't Bachmann supposed to be bringing out an upgraded model?

Would really like some LNER ones, I've scratchbuilt one but it was hard going.

With how Paul's layout fold up, I would have thought you could have got it all in a Reliant Robin! :mosking:

(You should have seen him at Wigan with Felton.... down and away in around 30 minutes!) 

• RMweb Gold

Had a good weekend, Layout ran reasonably well, one problem was the crossover in the mine yard, dead spots for no apparent reason, this has been a problem before so will get a full rewire.

I hardly ran the layout at all, as well as Mike and John there were some extra visiting operators, MichaelW (see above) yesterday, Sandside this afternoon and over lunchtime today there was Martin Wales and Durham Light Infantry, luckily I wasn't in the building to see what kind of mess these two made...

After early teething troubles J77 68409 ran well.

post-7104-0-94694800-1379284352_thumb.jpg

Gunpowder van and Baaa-rier wagon...

post-7104-0-93515500-1379284411_thumb.jpg

post-7104-0-54719200-1379284423_thumb.jpg

• RMweb Premium

Cheers Paul, great to catch up and thanks for letting me have a play. Even with the slight glitches, it was a pleasure to operate. I still suspect that you are trying to convert me to the ways of the NER though :D

Hello Paul, 

I was wondering what auto-couplings do you use, they seem quite discreet. Gone are the days of using 3 links for me, not got a steady enough hand. :0( 

Thank you, Owen...

• 4 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...
  • RMweb Gold

I'd decided a while ago that the crossover at the end of the platform needed to be moved, the loop as built was too short and the loop could not be accessed when a train was in the platform. I have started to lift the points tonight with the rails recovered to be reused in the new crossover at the other end of this baseboard. All signals were removed first to avoid damage and because they would all be in the wrong place later anyway!

After the new crossover is installed I will be doing quite a bit of rewiring, including the annoying mine crossover, which with the meter on it yesterday seemed OK :scratchhead:

One half of the crossover to be removed.

post-7104-0-87424200-1382994128_thumb.jpg

Reminiscent of those sad scenes from the '60s.

post-7104-0-16942900-1382994138_thumb.jpg

• RMweb Gold

I've got the plain track cut ready to be laid, need to find some ballast first though.

post-7104-0-06589800-1383077761_thumb.jpg

The templates (B6) laid on top of the existing track, the crossing will need to be moved and I will be fitting a set of proper gates eventually. The small orange sign that can be seen in these photos got caught on my sleeve a little after I took these photos and it pinged off into the ether, never to be seen again!

post-7104-0-14870600-1383077773_thumb.jpg

Archived