Greyscroft Mine - Cleveland Ironstone in 1955. EM gauge.

Worsdell forever

• RMweb Gold

Kept it quiet until the size change was ok with all pending exhibitions, anyway, got to fill it with track first... I've been quite lucky there, I looked on the C&L website early December and they were out of stock of EM NS flexitrack, I checked back a couple of weeks ago, still none, tool needs repairs! I mentioned this to a friend who said he had boxes of the stuff! panic over. currently building right hand B6 points and I'm using the Baron Harrap quick frog to speed things up.

• 2 weeks later...
  • RMweb Gold

Progressing well this morning, track almost completed across the centre board.

post-7104-0-54039000-1392464964_thumb.jpg

The latest addition to the loco fleet is this Ivatt 2MT of Middlesbrough shed, it's been rewheeled and renumbered but needs the smokebox door number changing, replacement Darlington chimney fitting, wheel balance weights fitting and wheels painting. The train will become a Skinningrove to Newport yard steel, the first bolster wagon is a modified Bachmann and the following two are Cambrian kits, I have another Cambrian LNER Quint that can be repainted and a couple of Parkside 4 wheelers so will make up into a respectable rake.

post-7104-0-94105700-1392464949_thumb.jpg

• RMweb Premium

Hi Paul.

You've been a frequent visitor to KL but it was only your comment (tonight) to Bodge that caught my attention re. Greyscroft.

A quick scan - I like it - and I'll be back to go right through the whole project. Lovely work!

Jeff

Hi Paul, totally confused, I have caught up with this from your post in either the Lunester Lounge or Kirkby Luneside, (cant remember which).

I looked at the first page pics and I remember looking at this for a long time at the last RM Web event at Stafford, then I looked at the last page and saw what I thought was a new layout starting.

I will go back to page 1 tomorrow and have a read through.

Anyway I liked the first few pics and I did enjoy seeing it a couple of years back now.

All the best,

Andy :sungum:

• RMweb Premium

Hi Jeff, hope you enjoy it.

Just got the point sleepers gapped, can't test if they're all fully gapped as I've left my meter at work - DOH!

Oh I expect I will. Not only is it beautifully built, but it's dominated by scenery - my favourite part of the layout.

And as I glanced at page 4 I found it's almost local to me. Skelton signposts - I lived in Guisborough for over 10 years.

I will peruse in detail from tomorrow....

Jeff

• RMweb Gold

Oh I expect I will. Not only is it beautifully built, but it's dominated by scenery - my favourite part of the layout.

And as I glanced at page 4 I found it's almost local to me. Skelton signposts - I lived in Guisborough for over 10 years.

I will peruse in detail from tomorrow....

Jeff

Well, it's meant to be dominated by a ruddy great filthy ironstone mine... :O

• RMweb Gold

Hi Paul, totally confused, I have caught up with this from your post in either the Lunester Lounge or Kirkby Luneside, (cant remember which).

I looked at the first page pics and I remember looking at this for a long time at the last RM Web event at Stafford, then I looked at the last page and saw what I thought was a new layout starting.

I will go back to page 1 tomorrow and have a read through.

Anyway I liked the first few pics and I did enjoy seeing it a couple of years back now.

All the best,

Got him!   :lol:

Hi Paul, not got me anymore matey, just had a very quick read through and it all makes a lot of sense now.

I just love the little cameos but as Jason said a few pages back its NOT chicle, just  enough and not over cooked. I will be back for seconds again soon.

All the best,

• RMweb Premium

Well, it's meant to be dominated by a ruddy great filthy ironstone mine... :O

Yes, I see that now. I must have selected the pages that focused on the left side of the layout.... the green bit! And you've even got a mushroom ring!

As soon as I saw the extent of the mining scene I realised it was hard to miss! And Paul, is that you lurking behind the layout in post 187?

Jeff

• RMweb Gold

No, Not me! that's John Leadbetter, part time operator! follow the link in post 24 if you really must, I'm also the one next to Jason in the BCB photo in BRM.

There is a sort of timeline/theme from the left agriculture followed by water powered industry (mill) then the railway and ending with heavy industry with the mine on the right, clever eh? 

• RMweb Gold

Made a start wiring up the points on the fiddleyard, I've given up on the switches that I ordered at the beginning of the week and I've nicked some of an old layout for now. I want to get these done tonight and put the whole layout up in the garage tomorrow morning for a thorough playing with testing...

Less than two weeks to Birtley...  :O

Switches and mechanisms in place.

post-7104-0-38733100-1393099707_thumb.jpg

Made a start wiring up the points on the fiddleyard, I've given up on the switches that I ordered at the beginning of the week and I've nicked some of an old layout for now. I want to get these done tonight and put the whole layout up in the garage tomorrow morning for a thorough playing with testing...

Less than two weeks to Birtley...  :O

Switches and mechanisms in place.

attachicon.gifIMGP9064-001.JPG

You can't beat a last minute fiddle yard

Archived