Scaleforum 2022 - 24 & 25 September - High Wycombe

Flymo749

On 23/09/2022 at 07:56, David Bigcheeseplant said:

I will be there a demo on using Fusion 360 for 3d printing and laser cutting, if you have any questions please come along and have a chat.

After setting up last night I got home and felt unwell, so did a covid test only to find out I have a positive result so I won’t be doing a demo this weekend. 

• Friendly/supportive 13

5 hours ago, sharris said:

Expecting a nice pleasant walk from the station.

Didn’t expect to need my crampons! That’s quite a climb coming out of town! Might need a bit of a sit-down when I get there! 😁

Hopefully you found the plentiful seating when you arrived, and the bottomless cups of tea available from our excellent caterers.

A great atmosphere at the show today - busy enough to feel really enthused, quiet enough for those catch-ups with friends that you haven't seen for far too long.  And some excellent layouts and traders, of course!

Here's to an equally good Sunday at Cressex...

Cheers

Paul Willis

Scalefour Society Publicity

• Like 5
  • Friendly/supportive 1

• RMweb Premium

Super show today, easily worth my hour's drive over and well done to all the exhibitors and organisers.  Every layout is well worth extended viewing - the standards of workmanship consistently exceptional - a pity I had other commitments this afternoon and had to leave after only two hours.

"Bankside" was particularly interesting for me; as I mentioned to the operators, my office virtually overlooks the site!

• Like 2

• RMweb Premium
6 hours ago, sharris said:

Expecting a nice pleasant walk from the station.

Didn’t expect to need my crampons! That’s quite a climb coming out of town! Might need a bit of a sit-down when I get there! 😁

That's why it's called HIGH Wycombe - 'cos it's in a valley!

• Like 2

Well done to the organizing team.  It was worth my journey from Kent to visit the show, and whilst not really looking to buy anything, managed to find some items I have been after for a long time.  The catering was very good as well.

Colin

• Like 2

3 hours ago, Northmoor said:

Super show today, easily worth my hour's drive over and well done to all the exhibitors and organisers.  Every layout is well worth extended viewing - the standards of workmanship consistently exceptional - a pity I had other commitments this afternoon and had to leave after only two hours.

"Bankside" was particularly interesting for me; as I mentioned to the operators, my office virtually overlooks the site!

Thanks for dropping by Bankside and saying hello. We had a few people with stories and memories of the area. Lots of favorable comments too which is very encouraging.

It is a really nice venue and the catering is excellent.

I am looking forward to a successful second day.

• Like 1

On 24/09/2022 at 09:53, David Bigcheeseplant said:

After setting up last night I got home and felt unwell, so did a covid test only to find out I have a positive result so I won’t be doing a demo this weekend. 

Sorry to hear that. Pretty much all of the Bristol group have had to drop out too as a result of getting COVID from a curry night nearly two weeks ago. Pretty annoying having bought advanced tickets!

Get well soon.

Mark

• Friendly/supportive 2

On 24/09/2022 at 09:53, David Bigcheeseplant said:

Hope you only got it lightly and are better soon.

22 hours ago, Flymo749 said:

Hopefully you found the plentiful seating when you arrived, and the bottomless cups of tea available from our excellent caterers...

Thanks! Having been away from the modelling bench for a few months (had to put things aside for a while in the run-up to getting married!) it was great to get back into the swing of things by seeing some excellent modelling.

However, not sure what the sign on the right was trying to say about the girth of modellers! 🤣67E24DBF-6D9C-428A-B108-6F5D909266F5.jpeg.1bbd45bf0717ccec306321f5e6cc3f41.jpeg

• Funny 2

• RMweb Premium
On 24/09/2022 at 18:58, Northmoor said:

I had a similar conversation with them, as my 10th floor office is but a stone's throw away. Looking through their books of reference pics has prompted me to have a proper 'eyes open' mooch around lunchbreak the next time I'm in the office. 

I had a fun weekend driving Ravenscroft Sidings and catching up with friends :)

• Like 1
  • Agree 1
  • Friendly/supportive 1

• RMweb Gold

Fortunately thanks to Brinkly's excellent navigating on his phone taking us around secondary roads and backstreets, we were only delayed by about half an hour.

The new venue was excellent, large, modern and bright.

• Like 1
  • Agree 1

2 hours ago, Bungus the Fogeyman said:

Did anybody take any pictures? I was unable to make it (Poppies home to Kidderminster Harriers on the Saturday and Stafford on the Sunday helping the Boss Lady purvey quality transport literature to the masses)....

Disgusting of Market Harborough

There was a photographer from the Society taking pictures and video throughout the Saturday and Sunday.  

Once they are downloaded, sorted and shared, I will happily post some up here.  In due course there will be a proper Retrospective as well, such as the ones that can be found at the Scalefour Society website here.

Best wishes,

Paul Willis

Can anyone remind me who the club selling s/h stock by the door of the upstairs room was? I would like to get in contact if possible.

I took a few photos, here are some:

dnuUdQa.png

Faringdon

y8fdstn.png

United Mills, my unexpected favourite

GD6xjU7.png

Scenery demonstration stand

For me, a wonderful show - probably the best I've been to so far. I've personally found myself a little cold on huge layouts but there was something for everyone's taste. I came back with a Judith Edge kit, a good book and some s/h goodies. 

Edited by Lacathedrale
  • Like 5
  • Thanks 1

1 minute ago, Lacathedrale said:

Can anyone remind me who the club selling s/h stock by the door of the upstairs room was? I would like to get in contact if possible.

I took a few photos:

dnuUdQa.png

Faringdon

y8fdstn.png

United Mills, my unexpected favourite

GD6xjU7.png

Scenery demonstration stand

The Risborough and District Model Railway club were manning the bring and buy stand. 

• Like 1

Did anyone take a look at Prickley Pear Products' stand? Did he have the GNoSR 0-4-0 kit available? The reason I ask is that I couldn't get to the exhibition, don't have any contact details and he doesn't have a website.

Thanks.

8 hours ago, Ruston said:

Did anyone take a look at Prickley Pear Products' stand? Did he have the GNoSR 0-4-0 kit available? The reason I ask is that I couldn't get to the exhibition, don't have any contact details and he doesn't have a website.

Thanks.

Hi Dave,

Scaleforum 2022 Traders has a phone number - half way down.  Paul is very much at the small end of the small suppliers, yet I'm sure that he'd be happy to have a chat with you.

I saw some of his current range of products at the show, and they are very nice indeed.

best wishes,

Paul WIllis

• Agree 1
  • Thanks 1