Users will currently see a stripped down version of the site until an advertising issue is fixed. If you are seeing any suspect adverts please go to the bottom of the page and click on Themes and select IPS Default. ×

Mark 1 56ft 11" Suburban Coaches inn OO/4mm, By Accurascale

5 hours ago, rembrow said:

Just had the balance payment taken by Acc, for my crimson Mk 1 non corridors, so assume they are close to completion or on their way.

This may be an error on the Accurascale system. I've checked my Partial.ly account, who manage tbe part payments and my credit cards and no final payment has been made. Have notified Accurascale Support.

• RMweb Premium
Posted (edited)
17 minutes ago, rembrow said:

This may be an error on the Accurascale system. I've checked my Partial.ly account, who manage tbe part payments and my credit cards and no final payment has been made. Have notified Accurascale Support.

There are reports in pretty much every AS thread stating folks have suddenly had payment demands for product which not near release yet. Partial.ly have been notified there's a bit of a problem.

Edited by spamcan61

In do wonder if this some tidykng up of their systems (possibly automatic by PC?), as I've had a number of emails informing me of added points to my account for recent purchases (what recent purchases?). My J69 was fully paid on the Partially account a little while back as I understand it. The schedule for delivery is shown as Q2 so it isn't far away anyway.

8 minutes ago, spamcan61 said:

There are reports in pretty much every AS thread stating folks have suddenly had payment demands for product which not near release yet. Partial.ly have been notified there's a bit of a problem.

That's what alerted me, but mine is slightly different, I didn't get a notification requesting  a payment but an advice that the balance had been paid,  which seems to be incorrect. 

• Interesting/Thought-provoking 1

• 2 weeks later...

Hello,

I read on the Accurascale that the last Mk1 Suburban runs at the 30.09.1977 from King´s Cross to Royston with all the carriage numbers and the coach formation but no number of the locomotive!

can someone write the number of the loco?

Thanks in advance and a Happy Easter Weekend

Dennis

• RMweb Gold
On 29/03/2024 at 15:45, Aldwych said:

Hello,

I read on the Accurascale that the last Mk1 Suburban runs at the 30.09.1977 from King´s Cross to Royston with all the carriage numbers and the coach formation but no number of the locomotive!

can someone write the number of the loco?

Thanks in advance and a Happy Easter Weekend

Dennis

It does seem stange the number was seemingly not recorded, but it will have been a Class 31 from Finsbury Park depot.

The Mk1 suburban stock had finished on the 'inner suburban' services through the Kings Cross tunnels to Moorgate in Nov 1976, and this event seemed to have received much more attention. The few remaining 'outer suburban' trains only ran from March to September 1977, and would have used the main terminal platforms.

Of the Accurascale Class 31s, 31248 or 31402 would be the most suitable to work with a 1977 train.

• Like 2

16 hours ago, stovepipe said:

It does seem stange the number was seemingly not recorded, but it will have been a Class 31 from Finsbury Park depot.

The Mk1 suburban stock had finished on the 'inner suburban' services through the Kings Cross tunnels to Moorgate in Nov 1976, and this event seemed to have received much more attention. The few remaining 'outer suburban' trains only ran from March to September 1977, and would have used the main terminal platforms.

Of the Accurascale Class 31s, 31248 or 31402 would be the most suitable to work with a 1977 train.

It probably was. 

I would look in the magazines of the time such as Railway Magazine, Railway World and Railway Observer as that is the type of information they printed in the notes section in the back part. Unfortunately I don't have them from that era.

Jason

Edited by Steamport Southport

• RMweb Gold
5 hours ago, Steamport Southport said:

It probably was. 

I would look in the magazines of the time such as Railway Magazine, Railway World and Railway Observer as that is the type of information they printed in the notes section in the back part. Unfortunately I don't have them from that era.

Jason

My statement was based on having looked - in RO and RM... I don't have RW.

• RMweb Gold
22 minutes ago, Steamport Southport said:

If you would have stated that then I wouldn't have replied...

Jason

The word seemingly obviously means nothing to you....

• RMweb Gold

Conversely the details of the last 'Inner Suburban' train are easy to find. It was in fact a railtour, the last timetabled service train having been cancelled due to staff shortages.

Last Moorgate Inner Suburban working on 4 Nov 1976 comprised 46210, 46140, 43145, 46108, 46119, 46159, hauled by 31183 from FP to Moorgate, and from Broad Street to WGC and back to KX, and 31249 from Moorgate to Broad Street via R/R at Hertford North.

• Informative/Useful 1

• RMweb Premium

I just wondered if it'd be possible for this image to be shared or signposted to the source to be to see it/purchase the relevant book etc? image.png.e73b569392d9449c50ecc4f293d510f0.png

• RMweb Premium

The images were shared with me through a small email group of Scottish modellers @E100 so I’d have to seek permission to share beyond the group.

All the best,

Paul

• Like 1

• RMweb Premium
3 minutes ago, Islesy said:

The images were shared with me through a small email group of Scottish modellers @E100 so I’d have to seek permission to share beyond the group.

All the best,

Paul

Ah right. It sounded like a wonderful scene. Obviously, it would be great to see it but no worries if it's a faff and you've got better things to crack on with. Totally understand the need for permission as well.

• RMweb Premium
2 hours ago, Islesy said:

If you're coming along to the NEC show in April, I'll pop them on my phone to show you @E100

Unfortunately, I can't make that show. I think my next big one will be the new NEC show in November. No worries and thanks for the offer :)

I've been scanning some of my old print films recently including this picture of Gateshead TMD's breakdown train in 1986. The tool van on the right is none other than ADB963952, the subject of Accurascale's suburban coach exclusive model. Of course I've had to order one now.

The adjoining crane would be nice to go with it, hint, hint Accurascale....

GD Breakdown Train.jpg

• Like 3
  • Round of applause 1

18 minutes ago, WILLIAM said:

I've been scanning some of my old print films recently including this picture of Gateshead TMD's breakdown train in 1986. The tool van on the right is none other than ADB963952, the subject of Accurascale's suburban coach exclusive model. Of course I've had to order one now.

The adjoining crane would be nice to go with it, hint, hint Accurascale....

GD Breakdown Train.jpg

I model the North East and had ordered mine on a Rule 1 basis. Good to see it did actually show its face here!