The Class 89, By Accurascale With Rails of Sheffield

6 hours ago, hellotojasonisaacs said:

You would also be able to get away with intercity liveried mk4s with the 89 in GNER livery. It did happen very briefly

Good point there, I have seen a photo showing such during the livery transition period.

• Like 1

Was just browsing Flickr, and here’s an absolute cracker if someone wants to recreate using a Bachmann 90: 

89001 & 90022 DONCASTER 17/7/2000

And another unusual formation in GNER days: 

91 and 89001 South of Peterborough

• Like 14
  • Interesting/Thought-provoking 1

On 21/03/2024 at 18:44, 25kV said:

In its first period of operation, it tended to run with a rake of HST Mk3s, rather than loco-hauled, often with a buffer-fitted power car at one end and barrier/generator BG at the other.

A couple of examples from Flickr:

(Michael Barstow)

(BillAtkinson2)

19881103 Scan1112 89001 + 43013 Abbots Ripton

Lovely pics and I will be able to simulate that train. Probably not with the correct vehicle numbers, but at least the mix of Mk3s, BG, HST DVT etc

It seems that it is 89, BG, 2 or 4 Blue Mk3, 2 IC Mk3, then blue, IC, Blue, IC, HST DVT

• Like 1

• RMweb Premium
20 hours ago, NXEA! said:

And another unusual formation in GNER days: 

91 and 89001 South of Peterborough

This is great. A 91 towing the 89, a Mk2 something barrier, 4 Mk4s and then another Mk2 barrier. Great formation, definitely one to print out and keep for exhibitions to silence the “well akshully” crowd. 

• Like 11

On 17/03/2024 at 17:19, Wolf27 said:

Is there any update on the sound file, to quote the AS website project update in November.

‘We're delighted that the sound file we are preparing will sound fantastic though, and will demonstrate it in the new year’

I could have asked direct at Ally Pally but forgot. 

While you’re all getting bogged down with how much the credit card is getting a bashing and what coaches it pulled, I’m left wondering how the sound file work is going, after all it’s costing an additional £100!

• Like 1
  • Agree 2

I have been looking around online and found photos in a Facebook class 89 group of her in the original IC livery pulling IC 125 (HST) coaches directly with no converted BG in between.

They are definately HST mk3s as it is a TGS with Intercity 125 marked on the side. Sadly we cannot see the other end so I do not know if that was a HST power car converted for use as a DVT or something else.

I'm hoping at least it is a HST power car converted for DVT use. Because the photos posted earlier in the thread showing the HST DVT with Mk3s and a BG, is exactly the one done by Hornby R40162 (43013) which are going for under £50 at Kernow right now.

And I feel that using Mk3s and a HST DVT without the BG makes a much neater train.

2 hours ago, JSpencer said:

I have been looking around online and found photos in a Facebook class 89 group of her in the original IC livery pulling IC 125 (HST) coaches directly with no converted BG in between.

They are definately HST mk3s as it is a TGS with Intercity 125 marked on the side. Sadly we cannot see the other end so I do not know if that was a HST power car converted for use as a DVT or something else.

I'm hoping at least it is a HST power car converted for DVT use. Because the photos posted earlier in the thread showing the HST DVT with Mk3s and a BG, is exactly the one done by Hornby R40162 (43013) which are going for under £50 at Kernow right now.

And I feel that using Mk3s and a HST DVT without the BG makes a much neater train.

I think it is definitely part of the testing on the ECML with the HST set standing in as the Mk4s and one power car converted for DVT use. The TGS coaches were also fitted with buffers to couple up with a 89 or 91.

Though I didn't know they still had IC Executive liveries for the sets.

• Like 1
  • Agree 1

2 hours ago, BrakeCoach said:

I think it is definitely part of the testing on the ECML with the HST set standing in as the Mk4s and one power car converted for DVT use. The TGS coaches were also fitted with buffers to couple up with a 89 or 91.

Though I didn't know they still had IC Executive liveries for the sets.

That's handy, I have a Hornby TGS in IC livery that has buffers (ex Lima tooling). 😄

On 30/03/2024 at 11:30, JSpencer said:

That's handy, I have a Hornby TGS in IC livery that has buffers (ex Lima tooling). 😄

My newer tooling Mk3 TGS has slots in it to fit buffers so that I can fit them from the pack that has all the couplings and buffers.

IMG_4014.jpeg.1fda2e8c85cc60742c9c3185382e2f4a.jpeg

Not sure why all of these HST Mk3s had four buffers in each of their coupling packets, but I guess it's accidentally prototypical!

Edited by BrakeCoach
  • Like 2

17 hours ago, BrakeCoach said:

My newer (not 2020s tooling) Mk3 TGS has slots in it to fit buffers so that I can fit them from the pack that has all the couplings and buffers.

IMG_4014.jpeg.1fda2e8c85cc60742c9c3185382e2f4a.jpeg

Not sure why all of these HST Mk3s had four buffers in each of their coupling packets, but I guess it's accidentally prototypical!

I presume its just standard in case its to be used as loco hauled stock

• Like 2

• 4 weeks later...
  • RMweb Gold

Hi folks,

There has been a tech issue with Partially which we have been working on resolving which is why confirmations are being sent out. @McC can provide more details on the particular issue and what it means. 

Cheers!

Fran 

• Thanks 1

A heads up would have been nice. Nearly £200 leaving your bank account before a bank holiday, without warning, is a bit of a shocker.

• Like 1
  • Agree 1

1 hour ago, BrakeCoach said:

For me, if I preordered something and is expecting to get it, I would honestly treat that money as not existing anymore.

Maybe you dont have the responsibilitys of others, depending on circumstances that could cause problems.

• Like 1
  • Agree 2

2 minutes ago, SulzerPeak said:

Maybe you dont have the responsibilitys of others, depending on circumstances that could cause problems.

Agree.

It is also about forecasting your budget when pre-ordering and setting up instalments thus you pretty much know you'll have the remaining balance ready when you get to the end of it and/or when the model is due but not unexpectedly beforehand because of an online payment glitch which takes out whatever you owe which can or will cause you financial issues.

• Like 1
  • Agree 1

10 hours ago, BrakeCoach said:

For me, if I preordered something and is expecting to get it, I would honestly treat that money as not existing anymore.

Totally understand your point. However, with respect, if I’d had more notice that 89001 was going to come out of my May pay packet, I would have delayed my purchase of 50017 for a month.

I knew the payment was coming, of course I did, but I would hope that a way for more forewarning can be introduced in the future.

• Friendly/supportive 1

10 hours ago, classy52 said:

Agree.

It is also about forecasting your budget when pre-ordering and setting up instalments thus you pretty much know you'll have the remaining balance ready when you get to the end of it and/or when the model is due but not unexpectedly beforehand because of an online payment glitch which takes out whatever you owe which can or will cause you financial issues.

You can put money aside each month rather than relying on online systems, which gives instant access to extra money if you have an unexpected bill for essentials.

If someone is put in difficult financial circumstances by an unexpected payment for a discretionary item then maybe they should be looking closely at their spending patterns.

11 hours ago, BrakeCoach said:

I have two items on pre-order, coming from Bowser and Athearn.  When I placed the orders I made sure that I had the money available there and then, just incase payment is asked for early,  If I didn't have the money, I wouldn't order.

• Like 1
  • Agree 1

11 minutes ago, YT-1300 said:

You can put money aside each month rather than relying on online systems, which gives instant access to extra money if you have an unexpected bill for essentials.

If someone is put in difficult financial circumstances by an unexpected payment for a discretionary item then maybe they should be looking closely at their spending patterns.

It's pretty much the same thing isn't it?

With Partially you are paying the item off each month at a set amount until it completes it's course and the item is payed off before or just on when it arrives and remember this was due to a system glitch which took all the remaining balance from the customer unexpectedly and well before the model's release and yes you can do it the other way and put money aside each month without an online payment system.

Everyone's circumstances are different and to be honest unfair to judge or assume their financial situation or spending patterns which may not align to yours.

• Like 1
  • Agree 5