Users will currently see a stripped down version of the site until an advertising issue is fixed. If you are seeing any suspect adverts please go to the bottom of the page and click on Themes and select IPS Default. ×
RMweb

Cavalex Yeoman PHA/JYA for Ultimate Model Railways

AY Mod

16 hours ago, RBE said:

Here are a few pictures of the first EP samples as recently shown recently at GETS. As these are first sample there are some areas to be addressed, curvature of the bodyside being one, however these have now been solved ready for the painted sample batch to get underway.

988682454_EP1underneath.jpg.5091b51c9120e668deba4ede47f49230.jpg

EP1.jpg.dd6975bb99b6f362005a68123b16db99.jpg

looking good. Cannot wait to see some painted samples! Will they be here in time for Warley?

1 hour ago, Steadfast said:

Looking very nice. If the body bowed out, then it'd be prototypical at least! 

One thing you may want to look at (and may already have noticed) is the brake isolation lever. Turned horizontally, the wagons has its brakes isolated. This is the green part hanging down,  just to the left of the right-hand bogie and painted red and marked ICD on the real thing. For a good order wagon, the lever should be vertical.

PSX_20221114_114601.jpg.1d53f4564e2118ba6a2386777cbe04ea.jpg

A little detail that many wouldn't notice, but the icing on the cake to get it spot on.

Jo

Thanks for that Jo. We will ensure that it is down. The part is separately fitted in any case so can be positioned in either orientation.

• Like 3

10 minutes ago, RBE said:

Thanks for that Jo. We will ensure that it is down. The part is separately fitted in any case so can be positioned in either orientation.

Nice.... so I can have it in the correct position on the cripple road on Whatley!

Looks really good. Coming along nicely!

Guy

• Like 2

4 hours ago, RBE said:

Nice touch!

4 hours ago, lyneux said:

Nice.... so I can have it in the correct position on the cripple road on Whatley!

Looks really good. Coming along nicely!

Guy

Of course you really need a green card in the label clip too if the brakes are isolated!

Jo

• 2 weeks later...

PHA/JYA bogie aggregate open box wagon OO - project update

2008996250_PHA.JYAEP1.jpg.92574c2faeb45b4c22139199946460ee.jpg

At DEMU Showcase back in July we announced with Ultimate Model Railways the Orenstein & Koppel Yeoman bogie aggregate open box wagon in OO. We are very excited to have received the first Engineering Prototype Samples which will be on display at this weekend’s Warley Show.

• Like 7

• 2 weeks later...
  • 3 months later...

Hi Cav & Alex, 

At first I didn’t think I had an excuse for these wagons, as excellent as they look. I then realised that I had seen them in photos on Flickr in use on the Hamworthy stone trains. They ran mixed in with other boxes right up to fairly recent years but there are a couple of very good photos with class 60’s on a block of 10 wagons which I will look forward to recreating thanks to this excellent release.

All the best

Mark

• 4 months later...
  • RMweb Gold

I thought I’d give this thread a little bump as it’s been a little quiet on the Western Front…..

Having seen the decorated samples at DEMU, I’m very much looking forward to the production roll out as these fit in nicely with our Revolution Trains JNA-T boxes, and also with my own JNA-As as used on the the empties through Castle Cary. There’s a lot of mileage with these wagons too now that FL have taken over the contracts from Whatley and Merehead as they seem to get marshalled with a whole manner of wagons and end up all over the place.

Now……about those N Gauge ones…… 

Edited by Revolution Mike B

1 hour ago, Graham_Muz said:

Interesting, do (/ did) "Ultimate Model Railways" still (or actually properly) exist?

Very interesting question the link on post at beginning of thread takes you to domain site not Ultimate model railway. I was going to order some but not sure where to go? At least the models do exist from pictures from cavalex.

10 hours ago, Revolution Mike B said:

I thought I’d give this thread a little bump as it’s been a little quiet on the Western Front…..

Having seen the decorated samples at DEMU, I’m very much looking forward to the production roll out as these fit in nicely with our Revolution Trains JNA-T boxes, and also with my own JNA-As as used on the the empties through Castle Cary. There’s a lot of mileage with these wagons too now that FL have taken over the contracts from Whatley and Merehead as they seem to get marshalled with a whole manner of wagons and end up all over the place.

Now……about those N Gauge ones…… 

Hi Mike, nice to see you at DEMU and have a catch up.

Thanks for your bump!

We are planning to post a project's update soon which will include an update on the O&K box wagons.

Just to whet your appetite....

UJYA(1)copy.jpg.3f571881f7d9cbf89797ebd54a0e0329.jpg

• Like 5

8 hours ago, shunny said:

Very interesting question the link on post at beginning of thread takes you to domain site not Ultimate model railway. I was going to order some but not sure where to go? At least the models do exist from pictures from cavalex.

Hey there, Yes we do! 

We’re looking at what;’s going on with the website now, hopefully won’t be long 

• RMweb Gold
1 hour ago, Grimleygrid said:

Thanks for your bump!

We are planning to post a project's update soon which will include an update on the O&K box wagons.

They look like the ones I’ll require? It’ll soon be time to sell a unbuilt few kits on! 

• Like 1

• RMweb Gold
14 minutes ago, Ultimate Model Railways said:

Hey there, Yes we do! 

We’re looking at what;’s going on with the website now, hopefully won’t be long 

That's good to know, as I noticed the website (quite important when you are not a brick and mortar retailer) had been down a while and there is no actual company "Ultimate Model Railways" registered with companies house, which does not help with confidence...

Nothing like a rogue bit of code to wake you up in the morning - there was a problem with our Shopify theme, we’re working on that now (and we’ll put some updates on the site at the same time!) but we’ve taken the site offline for a short while to make some updates. Hopefully we’ll be back within the day.

The samples btw are looking lovely, we’re really happy with them and excited to get them made!

5 minutes ago, Graham_Muz said:

That's good to know, as I noticed the website (quite important when you are not a brick and mortar retailer) had been down a while and there is no actual company "Ultimate Model Railways" registered with companies house, which does not help with confidence...

Hey Graham

Absolutely, we’re speaking with the web team now to fix things

this is us - https://find-and-update.company-information.service.gov.uk/company/12812486 currently though we will likely change the business name shortly

- e

• Interesting/Thought-provoking 1

3 hours ago, Grimleygrid said:

Thanks for your bump!

These are looking great! Looking forward to seeing them in the flesh!

4 hours ago, Grimleygrid said:

Thanks for your bump!

Any chance of some formations for these wagons, I know they change about and mix with others. Just want to get some formation ideas as I'm struggling to find suitable pictures of full formations from the last few years.

44 minutes ago, Shaun66 said:

Any chance of some formations for these wagons, I know they change about and mix with others. Just want to get some formation ideas as I'm struggling to find suitable pictures of full formations from the last few years.

“JYA Yeoman” / “JYA box wagon” / “Yeoman box wagon” / “JYA wagon” on Flickr have some excellent results for modern day workings, a few favourites linked from Flickr below:

Class 59:

59206 Slipe Lane 260721 (7V57)

59206 Slipe Lane 100818 (7V57)

59004 Berkley

Freightliner 59001 7C77

DSC_0463_2 3rd August 2016 Basingstoke

59206 7C77 Woodborough 10/10/16.

59205 Westbury

Class 66:

https://flic.kr/p/2mehV8r

66541 Slipe Lane 290721 (7V57)

66122 Imperial Wharf

66135 EWS EWS JYA WAGONS

Class 60:

https://flic.kr/p/Nk1PCE

class 90 recently too:

90003 Bradwell

‘Steven Celements’ appears to have photographed a full rake as well with a freightliner 66 on the front:

YEOMAN JYA OK 3268 141122

OK3320 OK19387 OK3281 020322

These albums are very good too: 

UK JYA Open Box

Wagons - 'J' TOPS code - JNA & JYA MRL box wagons

Kind regards,

Will

• Like 3

• RMweb Gold
1 hour ago, Shaun66 said:

Will has already posted some excellent reference material, but here’s a few prototypical consists:

JYA/PTA

JYA

JYA/JNA-(Railtrack)

JYA/JNA-A

JYA/JNA-A/JNA-(Railtrack)

JYA/JNA-A/JNA-T

More recently (Freightliner)

JYA/JHA/JNA-T/HOA

any combination of the above.

Stedfast (Jo) also has some very useful reference material. 

• Like 1