Bachmann/Farish Collectors Club items Autumn 2022

AY Mod

• Moderators

THE NEW MODELS KEEP ROLLING FROM BACHMANN COLLECTORS CLUB THIS AUTUMN

Following a busy period of new releases from the Bachmann Collectors Club, three further Club-exclusive models were today unveiled during Bachmann Europe’s Autumn 2022 British Railway Announcements.

371-513K.jpg371-513KSF-4.jpg
In N scale the Graham Farish Class 101 three-car DMU has been produced in the bold orange and black livery of Strathclyde Transport for the first time. This Bachmann Collectors Club Limited Edition model is available in both standard format and with SOUND FITTED – the latter being pre-fitted with two Zimo DCC decoders, one sound and one non-sound decoder to operate the lights in the driving trailer vehicle. Like all SOUND FITTED models, this too will operate and play sounds on analogue control as well as DCC straight out of the box. The standard model is priced at £274.95 whilst the SOUND FITTED version costs £374.95.

38-251K-5.jpg38-251K.jpg38-250K-3.jpg38-250K.jpg
After the launch of the OO scale JPA Bogie Cement Wagons as Club-exclusive models earlier this year, the IPA Double Deck Car Transporter Twins are also now available exclusively from the Bachmann Collectors Club. First released by Bachmann Branchline, these models feature an unprecedented level of detail and decoration, comprising hundreds of separate parts and with liveries that feature countless logos and print applications.

The long and intricate production process for these hand assembled models now means that, like the JPAs, the IPAs are expensive wagons to produce, so much so that to proceed with a further production run to be sold by our valued retail partners would not be commercially viable due to the high retail price that would result from the increased costs involved. Instead, by offering these beautiful models directly to Bachmann Collectors Club members, we are once again able to deliver this highly desirable product whilst ensuring it remains attainable by our cherished Club members.

The Car Transporter Wagons are supplied in pairs and are now available in pristine STVA Grey, at a price of £139.95 per pack, or Weathered STVA Red livery which costs £149.95 per pack.

371-168K.jpg
These new items join the two models launched in June at the Bachmann Collectors Club’s Practically Perfect Sale – the N scale Class 37 No. 37501 ‘Teesside Steelmaster’ in its eyecatching light blue livery and the OO scale BR Mk2F Refurbished DBSO in DRS livery.

35-335KSFX.jpg
Furthermore, a Bachmann Collectors Club limited edition version of the all-new Branchline Class 37 was revealed last month to coincide with the launch of the new 37, depicting Class 37/4 No. 37422 ‘Cardiff Canton’ in the beautiful EWS livery, this model is offered in standard, SOUND FITTED and SOUND FITTED DELUXE format.

All of these items are in stock now and ready to ready to purchase. Bachmann Collectors Club members can place their orders online via www.bachmann-collectorsclub.co.uk. New members can also join online and purchase from the growing range of Club exclusive models straight away. Orders and membership enquiries can also be made by telephone on 01455 245565.

image.png

16 minutes ago, brushman47544 said:

Thanks Andy… by omitting a reference to the scale in the first paragraph I thought Bachmann were producing a centre car for their OO gauge Met-Cam unit. Then I scrolled further down…

I just about had a mouthful of coffee all over my screen and a sudden urge to reach for a credit card when that Strathclyde Class 101 popped up only to realise it was N gauge ... DOH!!!

• Like 3
  • Agree 3

Great to see the original livery IPA being made available for the first time albeit my eyes were watering when I just paid for it. Makes you realise what a bargain they were for such a complex model when they were first released in 2010 at around £23 each after discount!

Edited by WILLIAM
  • Agree 1

25 minutes ago, WILLIAM said:

Great to see the original livery IPA being made available for the first time albeit my eyes were watering when I just paid for it. Makes you realise what a bargain they were for such a complex model when they were first released in 2010 at around £23 each after discount!

I genuinely wonder how the cost of a wagon have increased by 500% over the course of 12 years. What do other current releases of 2010 models cost? Do we have a comparison for that?

(not trying to moan about prices, just very curious)

1 hour ago, toby_tl10 said:

I genuinely wonder how the cost of a wagon have increased by 500% over the course of 12 years. What do other current releases of 2010 models cost? Do we have a comparison for that?

(not trying to moan about prices, just very curious)

Having started my collection about 15 years ago and seeing the prices on the boxes from back then its suprising how everything has gone up so much.  I beleive another manufacturer started to think that some models would be better off/more commecially viable selling direct which has upset retailers.  I think that bachmanns approach is better?

7 hours ago, GordonC said:

I just about had a mouthful of coffee all over my screen and a sudden urge to reach for a credit card when that Strathclyde Class 101 popped up only to realise it was N gauge ... DOH!!!

I managed to avoid getting coffee on my screen but I did reach for my card to join the club and buy the 101 as I've wanted a Strathclyde version of the new 101 for years.

I always wondered what it would take for me to join the Bachmann Collectors Club, it seems I have an answer now.

• RMweb Gold

Seems to be more collectors club items being released over the year than previously will be interested to see if the grain flow wagons turn up as collectors club models having a huge amount of separate detail like the wagons announced today.

Edited by Markwj

12 hours ago, black and decker boy said:

A Strathclyde PTE class 101 in 4mm would get my money as would 37501 in BSC blue

Sadly, none of these other models worry my wallet or wife

37501 was done in OO, as a Rails Express exclusive twin pack which also had 502 in. They may crop up on ebay occasionally

• RMweb Gold

Got to admit n Gauge has seen some pretty attractive stuff with 319’s and the SPT emu. They also got the new 8f, and elsewhere are getting 320’s and 180’s.

might have to consider swapping gauges soon, as OO seems to be all about duplication.

• Like 1

Here's a strange one. I've had a couple of the original release versions of the Bachmann IPA wagons (38-250) in store since I bought them new many years ago and I've just got them out given the impending arrival of my Collectors Club white version and Revolution's complementary IPA wagons. I've just noticed that one of these 'new' wagons is formed of the same 'two' halves. The superstructure looks to be broadly the same on both halves but the brake arrangement & equipment is very different as per the picture borrowed from eBay below. I have two of the right hand side halves.

Don't suppose anyone out there has two of the left hand versions and wants to swap one?! It's the sort of thing that you probably wouldn't spot easily but once you are aware of the issue you cannot help going straight to it.

image.png.3952be0f5386cd320fffec5f2a9917d4.png