Tonleigh Bridge (East Yard) Speedlink

Andrew P

4 hours ago, David Bell said:

Thoroughly enjoyed video 19 Andy.

I think you have the balance between watching the trains go by and working in the yard and stabling point just right. 

Cheers

David

Thanks David, Yes I think all that will break things up nicely. Cheers.

2 hours ago, Kevin Johnson said:

Another nice little running video Andy, thanks for sharing👍

Thanks Kevin, I'll get some scenics done and then it will start to look better and less toy like. Cheers. 

• Like 1

2 hours ago, pwr said:

Another great video Andy. I did like the 33 on the tanks - very impressive sound!

Do you you have or are you going to get a 58?

Paul R

Hi Paul, Thanks, yes the 33 sound, (Howes of Oxford) is nice, and recommended by Kevin, @Hampshire Hog.

No to a 58, I never saw any at Eastleigh.

• RMweb Gold

Thanks for the latest film; loved the low shots and envious of the depth of field/ focus you can get.  Hope the ballasting goes well - a hateful job I have always found - and your limbs are fully healed now.  Look forward to seeing yet more stock (!) soon.  Best wishes.

• Thanks 1

2 hours ago, C126 said:

Thanks for the latest film; loved the low shots and envious of the depth of field/ focus you can get.  Hope the ballasting goes well - a hateful job I have always found - and your limbs are fully healed now.  Look forward to seeing yet more stock (!) soon.  Best wishes.

Hi and thanks C126, Loads to show next Friday, PLUS some Bodgit Bogery, so something there to look forward to as well.🤣

• Like 2

4 hours ago, C126 said:

I always found ballasting quite therapeutic - no Andy I am not volunteering!!!!

Paul R

• Like 1
  • Interesting/Thought-provoking 1
  • Funny 2

2 hours ago, pwr said:

I always found ballasting quite therapeutic - no Andy I am not volunteering!!!!

Paul R

I must admit, I do quite enjoy ballasting as well, especially all the PVA being splodged about. Its the BUYING it I don't like, it means spending money, and I'm not keen on that, (unless it YET ANOTHER Guitar). 😃  👍

• Like 1
  • Funny 1
  • Friendly/supportive 2

Another great video Andy. Thanks for posting. I can confirm that some of those silver bullets made their way to Scotland. I used to work in Aberdeen and would visit the station at lunchtime. A couple of silver bullets would often be worked through the station at around 1pm. Most of course would be heavily weathered.I remember once seeing a brand new one not weathered at all, looked like a model!

Cheers

David

• Like 1

• RMweb Premium

Good to see you enjoying yourself and time in the POD again Andy.

At this rate I could get my ballasting done before you. Now that's a first (and reminds me to take a picture of the little bit that I have done).

• Like 1

6 hours ago, David Bell said:

Another great video Andy. Thanks for posting. I can confirm that some of those silver bullets made their way to Scotland. I used to work in Aberdeen and would visit the station at lunchtime. A couple of silver bullets would often be worked through the station at around 1pm. Most of course would be heavily weathered.I remember once seeing a brand new one not weathered at all, looked like a model!

Cheers

David

Hi David, "A" Tanks for the confirmation of Bullets in Scotland, and "B" the idea of an almost new one in the mix. Cheers for your input and idea. 👍

6 hours ago, Ray H said:

Good to see you enjoying yourself and time in the POD again Andy.

At this rate I could get my ballasting done before you. Now that's a first (and reminds me to take a picture of the little bit that I have done).

Sorry Ray, I didn't quite understand what you meant, did you say you were coming down to Ballast mine? 🤣  😃  🤣  😆  👍. O.K. maybe not, but I can dream. 😁.

Edited by Andrew P
  • Like 1
  • Funny 1

• RMweb Gold

Very good, and lovely low-level shot of the '60' plus tanks at approx. 3.40.  Many thanks for your work in making this and getting it on-line for us.

• Thanks 1

3 hours ago, C126 said:

Very good, and lovely low-level shot of the '60' plus tanks at approx. 3.40.  Many thanks for your work in making this and getting it on-line for us.

Thanks C126, There's a few more minutes of  unused filming ready for next week, so maybe some more low angle shots there as well.

• Like 1

• RMweb Gold
On 20/01/2023 at 08:25, Andrew P said:

WATCH OUT FOR Bodgit, BODGING!  .🤣  👍

Bodgit, doing what bodgit does best!  Nice to see you smiling, happy and walking about without pain Andy!  Layout is coming on well, and the running looks smooth and reasonably fault free - aren't we coming up to time for a wipe it clean and start again???? 😂

Rich

• Funny 2

16 minutes ago, MarshLane said:

Bodgit, doing what bodgit does best!  Nice to see you smiling, happy and walking about without pain Andy!  Layout is coming on well, and the running looks smooth and reasonably fault free - aren't we coming up to time for a wipe it clean and start again???? 😂

Rich

Hi Rich, No, not wiping it clean, or stating again, yet, but I'm still lacking a box of Mojo. I need to get to a show / shop and get some Ballast and Plasticard or Card Brick walling for the Road Bridges. BUT I do have a good bit of footage left from last Saturday to use up yet, so you mat be treated to just another running session on Friday. Yes almost pain free until I did the drive up to Kevin's at Andover on Wednesday, that re ignited things somewhat in the evening. Keep well and stay safe mate. 

• Friendly/supportive 5

• RMweb Premium
On 20/01/2023 at 08:25, Andrew P said:

Fish and Chips today, so it must mean one thing, = ITS FRIDAY, and that also means another Video from Tonleigh Bridge.

WATCH OUT FOR Bodgit, BODGING!  .🤣  👍

Don't you have a bigger saw?

• Like 1
  • Funny 3