Tonleigh Bridge (East Yard) Speedlink

Andrew P

And so Tonleigh Bridge, East Yard is born, an anagram of Tonbridge Yard and Eastleigh, it will be a 1980's / 90's Sectorisation Layout based on a Speedlink Yard.

I'll start with a plan of what I hope it will be like.

343517286_TONLEIGHBRIDGE(EASTYARD)TRACKPLAN.png.8a894f89611d114f400bbaff0b51f778.png

Edited by Andrew P
  • Like 15

Good to see you start a thread about this Andy.

We'll expect domectrains running by the weekend. 😉

BTW do you envisage the yard needing a Rato 546 traversing crane? 

Edited by AndyB
  • Thanks 1

1 hour ago, AndyB said:

Good to see you start a thread about this Andy.

We'll expect domectrains running by the weekend. 😉

BTW do you envisage the yard needing a Rato 546 traversing crane? 

Hi Andy, Thanks but no to any Cranes I'm afraid mate.

Cheers.

• Like 1

Fair enough. 🙂

Just a thought about the plan. 

Is there a danger that the sector yard is going to look like a bit of a mirror image of the fiddle yard? Albeit the FY isn't really part of the visual scene.

Might it be worth repurposing a couple of those sidings to service a lineside industry? 

As I say, its just a thought but it might add a bit of visual interest?

• Thanks 1

2 hours ago, AndyB said:

Fair enough. 🙂

Just a thought about the plan. 

Is there a danger that the sector yard is going to look like a bit of a mirror image of the fiddle yard? Albeit the FY isn't really part of the visual scene.

Might it be worth repurposing a couple of those sidings to service a lineside industry? 

As I say, its just a thought but it might add a bit of visual interest?

Thanks Andy but no, I have had industry and now I just want a Yard to run stuff to and from, a bit like a Scenic Fiddle Yard really I suppose. 

• Like 1
  • Friendly/supportive 1

2 hours ago, David Bell said:

Good to see this up and running. I really like that crossover you have to switch trains from one circuit to the other.

Cheers

David

Thanks David and welcome once again. The Crossover will give me the option of two Trains circulating, or just the one on a double run around.

I hope.🤓

Friday morning and the door section is now done, and this time DONE PROPORLY.

On Bute Road I used 6mm Ply and loads of bracing, this time its 9mm Ply and a bracing front and back, (the front still has to be fitted in the pics below)

Also I have mounted the hinges on substantial blocks of wood this time, so won't have the splitting problems I encountered last time around.

Once again. the Tracks will cross the joints at 90 degrees and also this time will be fixed with Copper Clad Sleepers at EVERY TRACK / Board join.

IMG_0582.JPG.96df4d94a0792bd09fbf0df81fed0ffa.JPG

IMG_0580.JPG.c6701db3ea0d1f17851556fe945fe747.JPG

IMG_0581.JPG.604a6744c17b982cb97c1eb78254cb40.JPG

• Like 8

6 minutes ago, Clive Mortimore said:

Here we go again......have you sold it yet matey?

NOT FOR SALE   😮

The Layout for a lifetime, well at least the rest of mine I hope. 🤪

Where have I heard that before???????? 🙄

• Funny 9
  • Friendly/supportive 1

• RMweb Gold

There’s a hole in your baseboard, dear Andy, dear Andy!  

Or at least in the lifting flap there is.

:-)

Ready to enjoy the journey.  Lots of opportunity for poddling about shunting while something else runs round the outside.  That should make for something that keeps the interest.

Paul.

Edited by 5BarVT
Added words
  • Agree 1
  • Funny 1

7 minutes ago, 5BarVT said:

There’s a hole in your baseboard, dear Andy, dear Andy!  

Or at least in the lifting flap there is.

:-)

Ready to enjoy the journey.

Paul.

Only the one young Paul, 😃  it was use that board or a new sheet of 5.5ft x 1.5ft which would have been to narrow and necessitated an add on 6 inches and shorten by almost 3ft, so back to adding bits. 

Edited by Andrew P
  • Like 1

Oh what can I say ….plenty I suppose but better not on here. Maybe a track plan that will fulfill your amazing capacity to create an entertaining and enjoyable layout …..total madness to many but good fun for those infected with the railway bug ….excellent Andy .

PS will everyone who noticed the Not For Sale sign please copy and paste for a later date 🤣

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1
  • Funny 2

10 minutes ago, gismorail said:

Oh what can I say ….plenty I suppose but better not on here. Maybe a track plan that will fulfill your amazing capacity to create an entertaining and enjoyable layout …..total madness to many but good fun for those infected with the railway bug ….excellent Andy .

PS will everyone who noticed the Not For Sale sign please copy and paste for a later date 🤣

Haha, I'll delete that post in a minute. 🤓 

And YES total madness indeed mate. 🤣.

1 hour ago, Kevin Johnson said:

Hi Andy nice progress on your latest layout build. It's great to see your recycling some items from your previous layout build.

Cheers Kevin, If in doubt, don't throw it out, that's my moto. 😃  👍.

• Like 1

Work started yesterday on the Yard avoiding Line along the back.

I've decided to raise it 18mm so as to break up a flat Yard look, and a reason to add some greenery, this will also have the passing loop and as its all single Track and By directional, so will be signaled both ends.

It will also have a slight reverse curve added to break up all the strait lines of the lower yard section, and will also be concrete sleeper Track.

IMG_0592.JPG.69f0aeedb6830387ac0297eee917c82c.JPG

IMG_0593.JPG.727457298dd74d9b8a6391470b5edb19.JPG

• Like 9
  • Craftsmanship/clever 1

5 minutes ago, 5BarVT said:

Track lift is good.  An it gives you opportunity for Blue Peter scenery. (Here’s one I made earlier.)

Paul.

Haha, Yes saved from Trewithen.😃  👍, a bit that didn't go to the Tip, (see Intro to Video No 4 / Post 5 above).  😆

Edited by Andrew P