Tonleigh Bridge (East Yard) Speedlink

Andrew P

11 hours ago, MarshLane said:

Great to see you back Andy, you've been missed. Also nice to see you moving about a bit easier and smiling :) always good!  The trains are added extra, but nice to see a video appearing.  Hope you and Dee and the extended family have a great Christmas.  Much catch up soon!

Merry Christmas mate

Rich

Hi Rich, Cheers, yes moving easier now, and the smiling was probably wind. 🤣 Cheers for your input mate, and yes a catch up in 2023 is a must. 🤣  👍.

• Funny 2

3 hours ago, DaveF said:

It was good to see the video.

All the best for Christmas and New Year and I look forward to seeing more of the layout next year.

David

Hi Dave, Thanks, I hope to come back to normal viewing in the New Year, and also catch up with your photos again. Have a good Festive Season and all the best for 2023.

• Thanks 1

Another great video - I've just watched it with an early Christmas Day pint - model trains and beer make an excellent start to Christmas Day!

Glad to see you back, thanks for all your videos and layouts throughout the years that have given so much enjoyment to everybody, and I hope your mojo picks up in the New Year. We all look forward to seeing more.

Happy Christmas to you and your family.

Cheers, Neil.

• Agree 2
  • Thanks 1

23 minutes ago, Porfuera said:

Another great video - I've just watched it with an early Christmas Day pint - model trains and beer make an excellent start to Christmas Day!

Glad to see you back, thanks for all your videos and layouts throughout the years that have given so much enjoyment to everybody, and I hope your mojo picks up in the New Year. We all look forward to seeing more.

Happy Christmas to you and your family.

Cheers, Neil.

Hi Neil, And cheers for your comments and likes etc. Its good to know that I can cheer up people on Christmas morning, so thanks for that as well.

Hopefully more to come in 2023. 

• Like 1

On 23/12/2022 at 09:15, Andrew P said:

at last.

Well the first Video since the 21st Oct, 🙄 don't get to excited Guys and Gals, its just a pre Christmas up-date.

Any way. Merry Christmas

and a                                  Happy New Year

to you all.

That’s a great selection of rolling stock you have there 

• Agree 1
  • Thanks 1

57 minutes ago, ess1uk said:

Yes, Thanks but it never seems enough at a running session, as it seems to be the same stuff in a different order every 5 minutes. Cheers anyway Buddy. 

11 hours ago, St Enodoc said:

Just like the real thing?

Yeah, your right. When I lived in Derbyshire, it would be Oil Trains in each direction, you never knew if they were full or empty. Same with most stock unless it was Steel Flats. Down here its Container and Car Trains in and out of the Docks, same really, you cant see if they are loaded or not, they all just look the same, but in a different order.

Cheers and all the best for 2023.

Edited by Andrew P
  • Like 3

• RMweb Premium

That’s rather summed up why I switched to N way back in the 70’s and why my first love is LMS

I can run reasonable length goods trains of largely different wagons in N even if they are all private owner coal wagons, and then run mixed goods or pick up goods and again with vastly differing wagons. 

If I get bored I can switch between layouts and trundle some GWR stock about and on my GWR BLT again with all uniquely different goods trains because with the exception of cuts of China clay wagons or milk tankers every train is random and never repeats itself. 

As I don’t have anything like enough fiddle yard space stock returns to storage foams after duty and when a goods train is required fresh stock is pulled from the foams.

Modern wagons and the sameness of trains to follow the 12” to 1’ world for me, would be very unlikely to have me trapped in this wonderful world of railway modelling today  if I was 4 or 5 like I was way back when I received my Triang train set.

merry Christmas everyone.

Brian

• Like 2

1 hour ago, Dragonboy said:

That’s rather summed up why I switched to N way back in the 70’s and why my first love is LMS

I can run reasonable length goods trains of largely different wagons in N even if they are all private owner coal wagons, and then run mixed goods or pick up goods and again with vastly differing wagons. 

If I get bored I can switch between layouts and trundle some GWR stock about and on my GWR BLT again with all uniquely different goods trains because with the exception of cuts of China clay wagons or milk tankers every train is random and never repeats itself. 

As I don’t have anything like enough fiddle yard space stock returns to storage foams after duty and when a goods train is required fresh stock is pulled from the foams.

Modern wagons and the sameness of trains to follow the 12” to 1’ world for me, would be very unlikely to have me trapped in this wonderful world of railway modelling today  if I was 4 or 5 like I was way back when I received my Triang train set.

merry Christmas everyone.

Brian

I always think that the Fiddle Yards need to accommodate at least 4 x your Stock, to stop repetition. 

• Agree 1
  • Interesting/Thought-provoking 3

• RMweb Gold
17 hours ago, ess1uk said:

I agree very much, and was taken by Andy's mention of needing more and talking about more space.  I am very envious.  What is there thus far looks wonderful.

Looking forward to Andy getting back to good health, and seeing how the scenery is tackled.  Hope the 'muse' returns soon, and Andy's limbs heal quickly.  I will spare you my 'hoped for' videos of running sessions, as Andy might be feeling under pressure already, but the videos help others (including me) get back into the pattern of modelling/ operating.  Many thanks for taking the time for this latest video, get well soon, and Merry Christmas.

• Like 2
  • Agree 2

5 hours ago, C126 said:

I agree very much, and was taken by Andy's mention of needing more and talking about more space.  I am very envious.  What is there thus far looks wonderful.

Looking forward to Andy getting back to good health, and seeing how the scenery is tackled.  Hope the 'muse' returns soon, and Andy's limbs heal quickly.  I will spare you my 'hoped for' videos of running sessions, as Andy might be feeling under pressure already, but the videos help others (including me) get back into the pattern of modelling/ operating.  Many thanks for taking the time for this latest video, get well soon, and Merry Christmas.

Cheers for you comments, really interesting, and there may be another short Video out next Friday as I got KICKED OUT of the place this morning for coughing and sneezing. 

Watch out for Friday. 🤣

• Like 2
  • Friendly/supportive 1

1 minute ago, sb67 said:

Just caught up with your latest video Andy, good to see you back in action. Have a great new year and I'll look forward to more updates. The layout is coming along very nicely 👍

Thanks Steve, And yes I hope to have more updates coming in the New Year, and more work on the Layout.

• Like 2

It seems to be a Friday again this week, and just before the weekend this time. 🤫.

Last Video of 2022, It is short and was not planned, and filmed on my phone, so pee poor quality I'm afraid good people.

I hope you enjoy it and ;

NOTE = The talk to camera bits were filmed with the phone around the wrong way, so everything is back to front.

A HAPPY NEW YEAR TO YOU ALL. 😃 👍

Thanks for watching them.

Edited by Andrew P
  • Like 15
  • Friendly/supportive 2

• RMweb Premium

I watched your video with my brekkie brew this morning and wonder if you’ve looked at Hunt Couplings for your troublesome trucks? I’m gradually putting a few in my stock where I run fixed rakes and they are quite forgiving on different coupling heights.

Happy New Year To you and everyone else who looks in on here. 

Brian

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1
  • Informative/Useful 2

3 hours ago, Dragonboy said:

I watched your video with my brekkie brew this morning and wonder if you’ve looked at Hunt Couplings for your troublesome trucks? I’m gradually putting a few in my stock where I run fixed rakes and they are quite forgiving on different coupling heights.

Happy New Year To you and everyone else who looks in on here. 

Brian

Cheers Brian, Well worth looking into in the New Year but I do have a couple of hundred or so Kadee's courtesy of a Fellow Webber, and so it would be rude not to use them if I possible can. Seasons Greeting to you and all yours as well.