Users will currently see a stripped down version of the site until an advertising issue is fixed. If you are seeing any suspect adverts please go to the bottom of the page and click on Themes and select IPS Default. ×
RMweb

Tonleigh Bridge (East Yard) Speedlink

Andrew P

11 hours ago, David Bell said:

I would be inclined to go for a breakdown crane. I imagine there must have been a fairly sizeable example based at Eastleigh in your chosen timeframe.

Cheers

David

Never seen one David, at Eastleigh, Didcot or Fratton surprisingly enough, only ever in preservation, but still a nice idea though. Cheers.

11 hours ago, David Bell said:

Might be inclined to an 09 to move my crane about the yard too.

I am sure I have seen a video of a grey one shunting at Eastleigh in the early 90s

Yes I think Eastleigh had 3 or 4 back in the day, also if I remember correctly, one in NSE for a while. I do need one for moving stock into the sidings to add operational interest too.

• 3 weeks later...
  • RMweb Gold

All seems very quiet in the world of Tonleigh Bridge Andy ... everything ok?

One hopes traffic into the yard hasn't deteriorated with this earth fault around Hook that has disrupted the South Western Main Line ... or a change of layout? 😀

Edited by MarshLane
  • Like 1
  • Funny 1

20 hours ago, MarshLane said:

All seems very quiet in the world of Tonleigh Bridge Andy ... everything ok?

One hopes traffic into the yard hasn't deteriorated with this earth fault around Hook that has disrupted the South Western Main Line ... or a change of layout? 😀

Neither either Rich, nothing has happened since the last Video. Box of Mojos gone again. It should come back by next year I hope. Also joined a second Band, so Busy gigging etc.

• Like 3
  • Friendly/supportive 4

2 hours ago, Andrew P said:

Neither either Rich, nothing has happened since the last Video. Box of Mojos gone again. It should come back by next year I hope. Also joined a second Band, so Busy gigging etc.

41 minutes ago, Enterprisingwestern said:

More groupies obviously!

Mike.

At Andy's age it is more likely a GroupOn than a Groupie

• Round of applause 1
  • Funny 3

• RMweb Gold
2 hours ago, Andrew P said:

Hi Andy,

Sorry to hear the Mojo has gone on holiday again .. .stop looking at these Jet2 bargain fares and giving it ideas!  Sure all will return with gusto mate, but sounds like your having a good time with the music side!  Should we have a 'AP can be seen live at ...' thread I wonder :)

I have this idea of you playing 'this train don't stop here any more' together with a Class 37 on Speedlink going round and round the edge of the stage!! Sorry, obviously forgot to take my pills this morning! :)

Long as all is well with you mate, thats the main thing.  

Rich

• Like 2
  • Agree 1

15 hours ago, MarshLane said:

Hi Andy,

Sorry to hear the Mojo has gone on holiday again .. .stop looking at these Jet2 bargain fares and giving it ideas!  Sure all will return with gusto mate, but sounds like your having a good time with the music side!  Should we have a 'AP can be seen live at ...' thread I wonder :)

I have this idea of you playing 'this train don't stop here any more' together with a Class 37 on Speedlink going round and round the edge of the stage!! Sorry, obviously forgot to take my pills this morning! :)

Long as all is well with you mate, thats the main thing.  

Rich

All's good here mate, a short Video can be seen here, just a two hour rehearsal and strait into the Gig. I had never played "For your Love" before, not even in rehearsals. 

DEVILS in DISGUISE ( Featuring Myself n Best mate Bernie ) WOULD LIKE TO WELCOME ( Mr Andrew Peters) as our ....NEW BASS PLAYER .... Andy Very Solld n Driving n Very

Expierienced ( Fits in PEFECTLY with our ROCK / POP/ INDIE / CLASSICS SONGS

We are busy Squeezing gigs in between our ( Heavy Band Shedual Going Back ) on some Selected.. Fris / Suns that we are free ( watch this space for even more details )

image.png.1aeab27801d29d11c91652508aba6086.png

VIDEO. = WATCH OUT FOR DANNY BREAKING A STICK.

https://www.facebook.com/100001801166923/videos/894288794954110/

Edited by Andrew P
  • Like 5

• RMweb Gold
9 hours ago, Andrew P said:

Had a young girl dancing provocatively  in front of us last week, and told us afterwards that she was a Stripper. 😄

One observes that there's no video of that!!!

• Like 1
  • Agree 1

• RMweb Premium
20 hours ago, Andrew P said:

Had a young girl dancing provocatively  in front of us last week, and told us afterwards that she was a Stripper. 😄

I think you're making that up. All the pub strippers I've seen have been far from young.

• Agree 1

5 hours ago, woodenhead said:

I've heard Mr P is practicing back in black, thought he might like a bit of assistance from Mr Fripp

He does play some weird chords etc.

I also got it wrong in the "F1" Thread, its actually "Black IS Black" by Los Lobos, still a cracking tune.

AND STOP KEEP LOOKING AT Toyha.  And her other Sunday Lunch Videos.  😁

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, Andrew P said:

He does play some weird chords etc.

I also got it wrong in the "F1" Thread, its actually "Black IS Black" by Los Lobos, still a cracking tune.

AND STOP KEEP LOOKING AT Toyha.  And her other Sunday Lunch Videos.  😁

I know, it took me ages to find this one 🤣

• Like 1
  • Funny 1

• 2 weeks later...

Rescued from Page 7, AND an advance warning of a possible Video tomorrow. 

Will there be progress after a lull of 5 long weeks? 🥴

Edited by Andrew P
  • Like 7
  • Funny 1