Tonleigh Bridge (East Yard) Speedlink

Andrew P

10 hours ago, David Bell said:

Whatever next! A passenger train.

All adds to the variety. Good running session video.The low level shots are particularly effective.

Looking forward to seeing the station area develop.

Cheers

David

Thanks David, Yes, the Station should be a bonus. Cheers.

9 hours ago, sjrixon said:

It's Friday, but I can't see the sun here!!

Nice video, love the 117, looks and sounds very good!

Cheers, and Sun didn't last long here either, but glad you enjoyed the Video.

• Like 1

8 hours ago, pwr said:

Same here - wet and orrible!

Nice to see the DMU Andy. I think you might need a Class 207 Thumper for the Southampton Tidworth service too!

Paul R

The Thumper may well be on the list, but I'll need to sell a body part first to fund it, and then go Brum- Brum, as I cant afford the Sound Chip. 😁

• Friendly/supportive 1

• RMweb Gold

So now you know more or less what a bubble car and driving trailer would look like.

It would make so much sense . . . .

Mind you, a thumper would be more in tune with the location.
Paul.

• Agree 2

One more thought from me on platforms and footbridges.

The minimum platform width of 6' I referred to in an earlier post is in fact 6' clear of obstructions (hence my comment that lamp posts should be along the rear edge). If the footbridge steps are partway along the platform, I don't think you will have the 6' clearance to the platform edge - indeed the footbridge may encroach on the yellow line that most platforms have these days that passengers must not cross except when boarding or alighting. Representing the stairs to the rear platform on the backscene (by simply glueing the bannisters to the backscene) will help in this regard but the front platform may be trickier. However plan A with the footbridge at the end of the platform gets round the problem as passengers don't need to get past it to access the rest of the platform.

• Agree 1
  • Thanks 1

17 hours ago, 5BarVT said:

So now you know more or less what a bubble car and driving trailer would look like.

It would make so much sense . . . .

Mind you, a thumper would be more in tune with the location.
Paul.

Yes Paul, you mean a NSE Thumper like I had on Bute Road. 😡 One day, I will learn. 🤣

• Friendly/supportive 1

4 hours ago, RJS1977 said:

One more thought from me on platforms and footbridges.

The minimum platform width of 6' I referred to in an earlier post is in fact 6' clear of obstructions (hence my comment that lamp posts should be along the rear edge). If the footbridge steps are partway along the platform, I don't think you will have the 6' clearance to the platform edge - indeed the footbridge may encroach on the yellow line that most platforms have these days that passengers must not cross except when boarding or alighting. Representing the stairs to the rear platform on the backscene (by simply glueing the bannisters to the backscene) will help in this regard but the front platform may be trickier. However plan A with the footbridge at the end of the platform gets round the problem as passengers don't need to get past it to access the rest of the platform.

Thanks for that, but I have what I have, and can  / will use the excuse that the rear Platform would not conform to modern day practice, hence taken out of use and now derelict, or will be soon enough.

Just needs painting and new signage now.

20230422_135431.jpg.e2599ad3339283f13570aa0b8c856ab3.jpg

20230422_135440.jpg.6e2767979697a9a3af6ec4df73ec3af4.jpg

20230422_135453.jpg.c1c15844866b4798a410a999ccc49294.jpg

• Like 13
  • Craftsmanship/clever 2

• RMweb Gold

Andy,

The 2 photos below show the clearances from footbridge to platform edge at Cramlington on the ECML here in Northumberland.  You have to pass the bridge to get to the far end of the platform for some trains.  The footbridge is the new one erected when the line was electrified.  I cannot remember whether the line speed is 90 or 100 mph at this location.

Hope this is some use.

ASC_0117Cramlington1564909thJuly2015.jpg.f0d0e29512d1f558574683f093a697cf.jpg

ASC_0117 Cramlington 156490 9th July 2015

BSC_1001Cramlington911111S15KingsXtoEdinburgh145230July2012.jpg.f51f25382af3a08d3bbf00c0abcfafc9.jpg

BSC_1001 Cramlington 91111 1S15 Kings X to Edinburgh 1452 30 July 2012

David

Edited by DaveF
  • Like 2
  • Interesting/Thought-provoking 1

1 hour ago, David Bell said:

That footbridge works really well. It serves to frame the scene and  emphasises the difference in level between the tracks in the foreground and those behind. Well done.

Cheers

David

Cheers David, but its a SPLECIAL THANKS to Ian @Temeraire for the idea of both the Platform and the BIG Footbridge. and yes it does work well. 

• Like 3

1 hour ago, DaveF said:

Andy,

The 2 photos below show the clearances from footbridge to platform edge at Cramlington on the ECML here in Northumberland.  You have to pass the bridge to get to the far end of the platform for some trains.  The footbridge is the new one erected when the line was electrified.  I cannot remember whether the line speed is 90 or 100 mph at this location.

Hope this is some use.

ASC_0117Cramlington1564909thJuly2015.jpg.f0d0e29512d1f558574683f093a697cf.jpg

ASC_0117 Cramlington 156490 9th July 2015

BSC_1001Cramlington911111S15KingsXtoEdinburgh145230July2012.jpg.f51f25382af3a08d3bbf00c0abcfafc9.jpg

BSC_1001 Cramlington 91111 1S15 Kings X to Edinburgh 1452 30 July 2012

David

That's brilliant David, thanks and proves once again, there is a prototype for everything.👍

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, pwr said:

Thats neat Andy

All you need now is an NSE station building to sit in the car park. I believe Scalescenes do one.

This https://scalescenes.com/product/r003c-clasp-modular-building/

or more likely this https://scalescenes.com/product/r003a-small-modern-station/

Paul R

Thanks Paul, I didn't know about them so will be getting one ordered. Cheers Buddy.

• RMweb Gold
4 minutes ago, Andrew P said:

Cheers David, but its a SPLECIAL THANKS to Ian @Temeraire for the idea of both the Platform and the BIG Footbridge. and yes it does work well. 

That footbridge as you have it now looks really good.   Unlike a lot of model railway bridges it clearly has a purpose.

David

• Agree 1
  • Thanks 1

12 minutes ago, pwr said:

Thats neat Andy

All you need now is an NSE station building to sit in the car park. I believe Scalescenes do one.

This https://scalescenes.com/product/r003c-clasp-modular-building/

or more likely this https://scalescenes.com/product/r003a-small-modern-station/

Paul R

5 minutes ago, Andrew P said:

Thanks Paul, I didn't know about them so will be getting one ordered. Cheers Buddy.

Bo****ks as I say in many Videos, these are the download and print ones, I thought they were from Scale Model Scenery. I'll get my mate to order and print them for me.

37 minutes ago, DaveF said:

That footbridge as you have it now looks really good.   Unlike a lot of model railway bridges it clearly has a purpose.

David

Clearly a prime location for the spotters to gather, cameras in hand ! Looking good Andy, the bridge makes a big difference and breaks up the 'flatland' brilliantly...

Andi. 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

3 hours ago, andi4x4 said:

Clearly a prime location for the spotters to gather, cameras in hand ! Looking good Andy, the bridge makes a big difference and breaks up the 'flatland' brilliantly...

Andi. 

I like the Spotters / Photographers idea, need a mini David / @DaveF up there. 👍

• Funny 1

6 hours ago, Andrew P said:

Thanks for that, but I have what I have, and can  / will use the excuse that the rear Platform would not conform to modern day practice, hence taken out of use and now derelict, or will be soon enough.

Just needs painting and new signage now.

20230422_135431.jpg.e2599ad3339283f13570aa0b8c856ab3.jpg

20230422_135440.jpg.6e2767979697a9a3af6ec4df73ec3af4.jpg

20230422_135453.jpg.c1c15844866b4798a410a999ccc49294.jpg

To be fair, it does look good - the "low relief" treatment on the far platform works well, and the fence along the near platform helps hide the lack of clearance, though as Dave F has pointed out, there are always some exceptions anyway.

• Thanks 1