Tonleigh Bridge (East Yard) Speedlink

Andrew P

3 hours ago, pwr said:

Anybody know if Andy is OK - he hasn't posted on a while?

Paul R

3 hours ago, woodenhead said:

@pwr he's lurking and commenting, he was on the site two hours ago.

CHEERS BOTH, Yes lurking with intent, but the Mojo box has gone, 😥 I gave some boxes to my Son to post some E-Bay items and I may have inadvertently given away the Box of Mojo.   Back soon, I promise. 👍

• Friendly/supportive 9

1 hour ago, Temeraire said:

He’s alive and well but the mojo is MIA again! Busy with bands and gigs.🙄

You forgot the  = "And lose women" bit Ian. 😃

How do you define a gaggle of Groupies? 😀 👍

• Funny 3

1 minute ago, pwr said:

Lurking with intent!!!!!!!!!!!!!

What you need Andy is another O gauge project !!!

Paul R

I get enough fun watching your O Gauge Videos Paul.  Cheers. 👍

2 minutes ago, Andrew P said:

CHEERS BOTH, Yes lurking with intent, but the Mojo box has gone, 😥 I gave some boxes to my Son to post some E-Bay items and I may have inadvertently given away the Box of Mojo.   Back soon, I promise. 👍

I think it's just taken a back seat to your other love, no harm in that, interests come and go. 

It's good that your music playing has taken off again and you're out and about enjoying gigs.

• Thanks 1

Just now, woodenhead said:

I think it's just taken a back seat to your other love, no harm in that, interests come and go. 

It's good that your music playing has taken off again and you're out and about enjoying gigs.

The Layout is STILL THERE, and it will return to this forum and You Tube, but maybe not for a little while. Cheers again matey. 

• Like 1
  • Friendly/supportive 1

Just now, Andrew P said:

The Layout is STILL THERE, and it will return to this forum and You Tube, but maybe not for a little while. Cheers again matey. 

I can imagine that playing live to a real appreciative audience feels way better than spending all week staring into a camera, editing a video for YouTube and then waiting for the view counts and likes.

• Agree 2
  • Interesting/Thought-provoking 1

6 hours ago, woodenhead said:

I can imagine that playing live to a real appreciative audience feels way better than spending all week staring into a camera, editing a video for YouTube and then waiting for the view counts and likes.

At 73 getting yelled at and big applause and calls at the  end of a long night for more,  is a real adrenaline buzz. I'm making the most of it, because I know it will end soon. (Not to soon though I hope). 🤫

• Like 1
  • Friendly/supportive 6

• RMweb Premium

I suppose the thrill of Andy's live music gigs and their audience is, in a way, not too dissimilar to showing and operating your layout at a show, something Andy no longer does, which might be where the lack of modelling mojo comes from.

• Agree 1

• RMweb Premium
4 minutes ago, Ray H said:

I suppose the thrill of Andy's live music gigs and their audience is, in a way, not too dissimilar to showing and operating your layout at a show, something Andy no longer does, which might be where the lack of modelling mojo comes from.

Nah. He just like grannie pants being flung at him. I doubt that would have happened at a railway exhibition

Brian

• Agree 1
  • Funny 1

• RMweb Gold
On 16/06/2023 at 14:36, Andrew P said:

You forgot the  = "And lose women" bit Ian. 😃

How do you define a gaggle of Groupies? 😀 👍

SSShhh you'll let Mrs P hear and then Andy could be in trouble!! 

Glad you're enjoying the music mate, but we do miss your bodgit inspirational ideas! I'll keep my eye open for cut price mojo .. its sure to be along in a 'one day Rails Of Sheffield' sale soon.....

• Like 2

Hi Gang, Lazy Sunday afternoon after a nice Steak for Fathers day lunch, courtesy of the Good Lady, and now a quick catch up.

The GOOD NEWS is that on checking this morning, the Layout IS still there. 

Back again soon Guys and Gals. 🤪 and thanks for you concern, input and comments. 👍

• Like 8
  • Friendly/supportive 1

modelling is strange . I binge model and then lose all interest for a bit - maybe something to do with the obsessional nature of eccentric hobbies , and the physiology surrounding those that do it 

• Like 1
  • Agree 1

Pics as promised,  but unfortunately LIFE got in the way of further progress this morning.

So, sorted out some foliage that was removed when I inserted the Station.

20230619_135929.jpg.cf2fe024e9d53b699795b140f6d2b507.jpg

Laid down some white to represent the chalk showing through the Grass and bushes eventually.

20230619_133657.jpg.68bd87692adc527bd2e11a67266903b4.jpg

And painted the Station retaining wall with a mix of orange, and brown, then a watery wash of dirty cream for the mortar.

20230619_133652.jpg

More soon I promise.😀 👍

Edited by Andrew P
  • Like 18

59 minutes ago, pwr said:

Good stuff Andy - hopefully a video soon?

Paul R

I wouldn't pressure him - if he's happier doing a bit of bodging in between strumming guitars then I'm happy for him.

Asking for more content might take the fun out of it, which is what is should be.

• Thanks 1

22 minutes ago, woodenhead said:

I wouldn't pressure him - if he's happier doing a bit of bodging in between strumming guitars then I'm happy for him.

Asking for more content might take the fun out of it, which is what is should be.

Yes good point. His bodging is a class act!

Paul R

• Funny 2