Pop Up Designs

lazythread

I'm giving Pop Up Designs a shout out here.

First, for their great laser cut kits of Scottish prototypes. I was looking for some suitable station buildings and canopies for a freelance layout and found exactly what I needed.

Second, for their lightning fast service. I've ordered twice from them, both times my order arrived next day.

I have no connection with them other than as a very happy repeat customer.

https://www.popupdesigns.co.uk/product-category/railway-scale-models/

• Round of applause 1

• 2 months later...
On 24/08/2022 at 13:05, Oldddudders said:

The estimable Ben Alder (Richard) has assembled more than one of their products, and given them a thumbs up. Sadly his pics may have been lost in the meltdown earlier this year.  

Yes, all gone and I really don't have the time to reinstate them. Besides, a lot haven't been kept and it is only the last three or four years that I started an annual RMweb folder and all previous images are scattered over several large files, with no real indexing.I have a thread about the range but it is away in a sub forum somewhere I never seem to find, so may as well add any future kits to this one. Here is one of the latest from Iain, the designer, - a Glasgow tenement.

Pop Up tenement.jpg

• Like 3

• 2 months later...

Latest from Pop Up - two more for the Dornoch portfolio - a gable ended goods shed of a type used in various places on the HR and a John Menzies kiosk that graced the platform there. These two kits mean that all the railway main structures needed to model Dornoch are now available with only one or two small huts needing to be scratchbuilt. The kiosk also has applications all over as these were sited at many stations for decades.

good-shed-2.jpg.ac29b6b380d95ee8ed71be0fea3bfade.jpgkiosk-oo-1.jpg.b06dd7d48475297ca96f81e14d5c5251.jpg

• Like 8

• 4 weeks later...
  • RMweb Premium

I do like pop up designs, I've built 2 signal boxes and a loco shed in N.

I note they'll now reduce an 00 design to N, but warn it will require more work. I'm likely to order Plockton station since I used to pass it on the way to school and a couple HR water towers.

I hadn't thought of a Menzies newspaper cabin but that might be thrown in too.

• Like 2

• 1 month later...
  • 2 months later...
  • 4 months later...

I was talking to Iain a week ago and he showed me his latest project that should prove popular - a distillery building. Here are a couple of small images  - I'll post more when they are ready. Still in the design stages but he works quickly, and should be with Pop Up soonish.

DistilleryOptions.jpeg

DistilleryKit A + Kit B ANGLE.jpeg

• Like 8

• 4 weeks later...
  • 4 months later...

Having finally decided to place an order, have the Pop Up Railway Products suddenly moved to a different site, as their website won't allow me to view the railway models, but everything else seems to work? It worked fine last week. 

Or is there a problem with the website?

TIA,

Martyn.

4 hours ago, Signaller69 said:

their website won't allow me to view the railway models, but everything else seems to work?

Same here.  The rest of the website seems to work - just not the railway pages.

• Agree 1

Didn't work for me this morning, so phoned Pop Up this afternoon. Andy said  the site was down a few days ago for a while but apparently sorted now. He opened up both home and railway pages  while on the phone with me to check all was OK. I have just tried opening it from the link above and in a fresh search, and both work, including the railway section. Using Firefox and DuckDuckgo. HTH.

• Informative/Useful 1

Thanks all, as per above I have just tried again via Google and the site appears to be working now. For some reason I couldn't get checkout to take me to PayPal but managed to place my order and pay via credit card.

Martyn.

Edited by Signaller69
  • Like 2