Accurascale Deltic drivers

Hi All,

Has anyone received the Accura Deltic drivers?

I normally add Preiser and Noch figures (Pic below and currently sold out World wide) to all my locos which look amazing even at 1:87 and after cutting off their legs ;-) ...

So am a little disappointed at the general quality of the paint work and Resin of Accurascale's. Also the price of £10 for 2 drivers isn't great either (Prieser and Noch figures work out to be 10-12quid for 6 drivers..).

I would love to know what others think ??

10598.JPG

• Moderators
5 minutes ago, 40034_Nick said:

I would love to know what others think ?

The Accurascale ones are more authentic with appropriately coloured uniforms and style of cap/jacket etc. They are not painted; it's self-coloured resin and although more muted than the Preiser figures look less cheap and nasty.

• Agree 2

• RMweb Gold

I wonder if Nick has actually bought some Accurafolk? - as they look way better in reality than the photos. I fully expected to have to touch them up with paint or at least a waft of matt varnish, but no they look very good indeed in the flesh, so to speak.

• Like 1
  • Agree 1

29 minutes ago, AY Mod said:

The Accurascale ones are more authentic with appropriately coloured uniforms and style of cap/jacket etc. They are not painted; it's self-coloured resin and although more muted than the Preiser figures look less cheap and nasty.

I get the preiser figures all the time and i can definitely say that the Accurascale figures look cheap and nasty..... 

8 minutes ago, RedgateModels said:

I wonder if Nick has actually bought some Accurafolk? - as they look way better in reality than the photos. I fully expected to have to touch them up with paint or at least a waft of matt varnish, but no they look very good indeed in the flesh, so to speak.

I have both sets of the figures thanks.. got them 2 days ago

• Informative/Useful 1

18 minutes ago, AY Mod said:

Why bother to ask what we think then?

I was being diplomatic and just asking the question to start with then got jumped on.. So sorry for asking !!! I thought this is an open forum ??

Edited by 40034_Nick
  • Friendly/supportive 1

• RMweb Gold

They are 3D printed in colour so fully detailed and no paint needed. Early batches were a bit muted but we’ve been improving the technology and config and the latest batches are rather excellent even if I do say so myself. 
You  also get the benefit of a custom

scanned crew, perfectly posed for the cab and perfectly dressed for the era. 
As an added bonus they are made in the UK! 

• Like 6
  • Interesting/Thought-provoking 1

7 hours ago, 40034_Nick said:

I get the preiser figures all the time and i can definitely say that the Accurascale figures look cheap and nasty..... 

There is a bloke what posts on the forum who is quite well known in the hobby and he has been scannd and printed. The miniature figure looks fine to me and as he stands on the platform of said bloke's layout, who is known to have pretty high standards, I would thinkthat they are going to be acceptably to almost everbody. It seems that you are in a very small minority.

Bernard 

If it is the bloke I'm thinking off, it is a terrible scan. The layout, if I am right, is set about 60 years ago, and he looks as if he was scanned only last week. They need to use much better technology to take in the age difference.......

(And if you look closely at his hands, he also has the soldering scars that weren't there 60 years ago).

• Like 1
  • Funny 9

• RMweb Gold
38 minutes ago, stewartingram said:

If it is the bloke I'm thinking off, it is a terrible scan. The layout, if I am right, is set about 60 years ago, and he looks as if he was scanned only last week. They need to use much better technology to take in the age difference.......

(And if you look closely at his hands, he also has the soldering scars that weren't there 60 years ago).

Looks alwright to me?

The deltic figures are cutting edge - yes there is room for further development but they are COOL because of what they are and represent,

• Like 3
  • Round of applause 1

• RMweb Gold

What you are bringing into question is the role of any Modelu coloured figure, posed for a specific scene, compared with a generic and probably not to scale mass produced plastic representation.

Economically they are not the same, and neither is the modelling accuracy.

For me, it's great to have the choice.

Steve

• Like 2

• RMweb Gold

It’s often difficult to tell from photos but to me the muted colours of the Accurascale ones look much more realistic than the more garish Noch ones. Then there’s the actual BR style.

Edited by BoD
  • Like 1
  • Agree 5

• RMweb Premium
7 hours ago, 40034_Nick said:

As said i prefer the Preiser ones.. Just my personal preference. 

I am a massive Accura fan and have tons of their stuff, just think the figures ain't great.. 

im genuinely struggling to understand how anyone can prefer gaudy colours and grossly over-scale heads over ones scanned of real people.

We all have different opinions of course but you did start a thread asking :)

Edited by Hal Nail
  • Agree 5

• RMweb Premium
10 minutes ago, Hal Nail said:

im genuinely struggling to understand how anyone can prefer gaudy colours and grossly over-scale heads over ones scanned of real people.

We all have different opinions of course but you did start a thread asking :)

Brought up on Stingray and Fireball XL5 the heads are champion,ha ha.

• Funny 4